Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Health & Fitness

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by diordior, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

A great pair of jeans never goes out of style. But according to a 2016 study by British company CollectPlus, there's an age at which we should find a new way to be stylish.

And that age ... is 53.

53?!

We'll cede that there's probably a best-by date for crop tops and miniskirts (though we reserve the right to figure it out for ourselves).

But jeans? We're skeptical. Can we really grow out of wearing jeans?

To clarify, the survey doesn't rule out wearing jeans after 53 altogether. The thesis is that shopping for new pairs past this age isn't worth the trouble. One in 10 half-centurions try on six pairs and spend five days looking to find just one pair that fits. The process is so traumatic that 6 percent reportedly burst into tears.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...says-yes-and-the-age-is/ar-AAv27nz?li=BBnb7Kz

ROFL

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Henry

Henry New Member

Avoiding junk food is the best way to lose weight. Take a healthy diet. Include Vegetables and sprouts in your diet. Continue gyming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Well that was short lived.... all of the oatmeal in the world couldn't keep my cholesterol levels down. I got my panels back and my levels are through the roof again. Doctor says it is genetic and I will likely be on medication the rest of my life. I'm bummed :(

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I know that's a bummer. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. southernlady

It could be worse though. I could NOT know of this situation and end up in the hospital with a heart attack. My boys would miss me!

7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

True, much better being proactive. I should practice what I preach. Lol

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I agree with there being a strong genetic component. My parents ate the same food for 50+ years and my mother's cholesterol was high, my father's, low. Us kids took after one or the other of them. I'm sure you can lower your levels by being vigilant about it, but for some people that will take more work than others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. southernlady

What I find perplexing is that none my three sisters have the cholesterol issue, there levels are in line with what is normal. However, one of them is prediabetic, which is another disease that is prevalent on both sides of the family. So it's the luck of the draw.

I will keep with the healthy diet and exercise, I won't just give up and use the meds as a band-aid. Just keep plugging along!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good plan to me! Besides, the "good diet and exercise" will have a lot of benefits on its own, regardless of its effect on cholesterol. At the end of the day, your real goal is to be *healthy*, not to have a certain number on a cholesterol chart.

Another thing I'm a big believer in with this type of thing it that it's your long-term habits that are what's important, and it doesn't really hurt to indulge now and then as a treat. As long as the good habits are predominate and the indulgences are occasional, IMO you're doing the right thing.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. southernlady

Thank you :) I have always been an active person, it helps keep me sane in an insane world lol. And I do treat myself to an ice cream every now and again. Like you, I believe indulging every now and then is not a bad thing. I just try to not overdo it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm the same way. I am on a very healthy diet, but every now and then, I like to treat myself. That's why I ate 5 large Oreo Blizzards and drank a 2-liter of Code Red Mountain Dew last Saturday. Moderation. That's the key!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Akropolis24

Akropolis24 New Member

14. juliafrod

juliafrod New Member

Due to the beneficial effects that general health has on mental health, it is crucial to maintain health at all costs. Given that a person might be impacted by numerous stressful situations in our modern age, you shouldn't overlook this idea. You can speak with a psychologist from https://members.australiacounselling.com.au/consulting-rooms-for-rent/ about your mental health in these situations; it is preferable to recognize the issue before it worsens.

#54 juliafrod, Apr 4, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  15. Makabrol

Makabrol New Member

step 1 on the path to a healthy life: give up bad habits.
    step 2: look for 100% new leisure activities.

16. juliafrod

juliafrod New Member

Hello! Finding the right mental health support can be challenging, but calmerry.com has made it easier for me. Their platform offers online therapy sessions and self-therapy tools, providing a comprehensive approach to mental well-being.

#56 juliafrod, Jul 12, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2023
  17. johnnyy

johnnyy New Member

I exercise 3 times per week to stay fit. I started blog about fitness and I found exercise vector images on depositphotos for my blog. So convy! This is favorite stock photos platfrom that offers a massive collection of high-resolution photos that you can use for free. It allows me to search for commons-licensed images that I can use with attribution for my needs.

#57 johnnyy, Aug 25, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2023