Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Jon Snow, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I hadn’t thought of Jimmy giving the Hummel to the old lady, but that would certainly bring respect for the old Jimmy back before he becomes Saul. It was good to see Gale back again in his college days gig.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

LOVED the last episode with Jimmy and Kim running a con to save Huell Babineaux. The bedroom scene with Jimmy entertaining Kim with his bayou patois had me howling with laughter. I wonder if Bob Odenkirk was channeling Robin Williams or if that was scripted. Just hilarious. The whole episode was fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Biffster

It is interesting to see Kim flirting with the dark side. It seems much more exciting to her than her day job with Mesa Verde.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Kim's path is also very interesting because she's one of the few characters whose fate is uncertain since she wasn't in the Breaking Bad universe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Whats ganna happen to Kim? Thats the question of the day. Does she leave Jimmy? Does she die? Is she there the whole time (jimmy just keeps her out of his greasy schemes)? I think Kim dies... cause she loves jimmy, even when he f's up and Kim cleans up his mess, she still loves him.

6. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think Kim ends up in jail because of Jimmy. He messes up her life and career.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Biffster

I think perhaps Kim returns to Nebraska where she eventually meets up with Gene.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stealth

This was my theory early in the season, so I'll stick to it. My thought was that they became estranged due to different paths but they both still cared about one another.

But now that Kim is getting involved in his schemes I'm becoming more concerned about her fate. Maybe as @zombiemom62 said Kim ends up in prison, which is why we don't see her in the Breaking Bad universe.

I don't think they're going to kill her because they'll need a way to tie up the future story, and Vince Gilligan said they're going to spend some time there. It makes sense that Kim would be part of that since Mike and Gus will be dead then.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Solid finale. Good development for both Jimmy and Mike. At the stage we are set up for now, I imagine season 5 will be the last.

10. Biffster

It's all good, man. ;)

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I have only seen the season premiere. They are all sitting on my dvr waiting patiently. Lol

Was it a good season?

12. Biffster

It was a good season if you’re a fan.

13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Good. Then I’ll be happy.

14. Stealth

It's good. Vince Gilligan said before the season that this one would have a lot of the Breaking Bad style conflicts to it. I don't agree with that. It had a few moments, but it was basically Better Call Saul.

Toward the end of the season I was more interested in what was going on with Mike. Both his story though, and Jimmy's, ended at interesting points.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lindigo

o_O

I imagine it will never end. :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

We may see more of the breaking bad universe. And maybe more of Jimmy. Perhaps chronologically after Breaking Bad. But as for Better Call Saul, with him officially registering as a lawyer under the Saul name, and the underground lab being close to completed, I imagine they have one more season. Maybe 2 if they spread things out somehow. I would like to see them explore Gene Takavic. :)

17. Lindigo

Exactly! That's how they can keep it going a bit longer.

I think they will slow down now that they have re-established the Breaking Bad world that everyone was missing.

18. Stealth

I think we'll get two seasons in the pre-Breaking Bad world. The next one will focus on Saul starting his new practice and by the end overlapping a bit with Mike again. Gus will battle it out with the Hector's new guy, and we'll have a resolution there. The second season will be the lead-in to the Walter White era. And it's a mystery where Kim will fit in all of this.

Then the following year we'll probably go to the present timeline. It'll be interesting to see though how they tie those BB seasons in and make the jump. Do they provide us with some extra scenes tying it all together?

So I see at least 3 season right now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Biffster

I can’t see them doing more than one more season if they do it right. BB was masterful storytelling and it only took five seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Stealth

Better Call Saul though has been a much slower burn. I'd be surprised if they gave the current timeline only one more season.