Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hershel Rhee's Family Tree

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Neuropyramidal, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Click the sucker to make it a bit larger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Neuropyramidal, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Arnold Green's photo. lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Beth... GREEN? Did she lose her last “E”? Hehe

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Baby Hersh is so cute.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

OP edited to include Great Great Grandfather Greene who I almost forgot.

6. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I never understood why they made Herschel's family so convoluted in the show. Where there was a divorce and the kids didn't all come from the same set of parents.

In the comics there was no divorce and Herschel only had one wife and they ended up having like eight kids.

Wonder if they did that to explain why Beth and Maggie looked totally different from one another?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

That could have been one motivating factor, but I actually like convoluted details like this. Its nice that they spend time on the little details that build a reality, because in reality families are often complicated.

Incidentally, the photo of Josephine Greene is actually Jewel Wilson, Scott Wilson's real life mother, who just died 2 years ago at the age of 102. She watched TWD, and Scott was in the Georgia area visiting Jewel when he decided to try out for the part of Hershel.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I have a very "complicated" family tree. It's actually kind of funny because there's an entire cast of people in one part of my extended family that I am very close with, but have no biological connection with at all. It's not even close. They are only family due to the fact that there's been several marriages, divorces, second marriages a lot of infidelity and adoptions. lol

I'll try to line this out....

My great grand father was a very unfaithful husband. He had 10 kids with my great grand mother and something like 6 more with other women. One of the kids from another woman, is a half-great aunt named Mary. Who's a half sister to my grandfather.

Mary ended up marrying a guy named Rudolph. So by way of marriage, Rudolph would then be considered a half uncle in-law to my father. <--- So this family tree is already pretty messed up. lol

But it gets better...

Mary and Rudolf got divorced and Rudolf married another lady named Leanne. Leanne already had 4 daughters.... from 2 other men.

Since my dad knew Rudolph as his "uncle" for soooo many years, he still considered him to be "family" after his divorce with Mary, and would refer to Rudolph's new wife Leanne as an aunt out of respect. My dad also would refer to Leanne's daughter's (from different fathers, btw) as "first cousins" also out of respect.

I grew up knowing these gals as my cousins, not knowing about any of these complexities until adulthood.

My father btw, isn't even my biological father. So... I am first cousins once removed from four wonderful gals only because of 3 men who couldn't keep it in their pants, three ladies who couldn't keep their legs closed, one rushed marriage, a messy divorce, a remarriage and several legal adoptions. Otherwise, I wouldn't know them at all.

But I love and adore those four ladies and I'm very happy that they are my "cousins" and are in my life. It's still messed up, though. lol

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

My tree would take up the entire thread, and I don’t include in laws parents and such.

I sort of put searching records, on hold, to help 2 families with some research.
    These people reached out to me because we are connected by DNA. Turns out, the guy “Rick”, didn’t have any DNA matches to his Dads family, but did show up connected to my tree. Turns out my Moms brother cheated on his wife, and apparently had a son with the other woman.
    Ok, that happens. But in his search, he came across a tree named “Lori”. His DNA showed that she was first cousin to him. He asked me if I knew who she was. I didn’t.
    He contacted her and related to me that Lori was adopted in Green Bay Wisconsin. I immediately knew who she was then.
    My aunt (Moms sister) had an affair when in college, with a married man. He didn’t want kids, nor leave his wife, so my aunt gave the baby up.
    She married the guy, after his wife died, and remained with him until his death. BTW- he was 30 years older then her.
    I now have 2 more cousins that I can ignore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Agree. Every family has those pesky skeletons.

I didn’t mention that I may have a half sister. My dad cheated, and the woman got pregnant. She already had 4 boys, so we expected her to keep it. But no, she opted to give the baby up. My Mom wanted the baby, and told my dad to fight for her.
    Well, back then, he really didn’t have a say in the matter. He then broke it off with her. Two weeks later, she had some guy living with her, and it’s possible that he was the babies father.

All we know about her is, her adopted parents were professors and they named her Sherry. I do not include her in my tree, because we just don’t know if she is our dads baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

The way they handled his family history is one of my favorite aspects of the show. They don't just spill all the facts, they drop hints here and there that force you to pay attention to the dialog and sort of fill in the gaps yourself. In many other shows and movies, Hershel would have had a dialog heavy exposition scene where he spells everything out. They give you bits and pieces here and there and it's up to the viewer to pay attention and put it all together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. offrope

offrope Active Member

If the baby doesn't look at least partially oriental, I'm going to suspect that Shane had something to do with it. (Him being dead already aside)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Neuropyramidal

This. Yes, a lot of shows just give you pretty generic and superficial details about this sort of thing, and one thing I like about this show is it pays more attention to the minutia in the fabric. Which helps paint a reality.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Neuropyramidal

Two days until we meet this cute little guy. Its a good thing he's cute too, cause he's a fucking freeloader. No money. Not one lick of work. Doesn't even feed himself.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Neuropyramidal

Since we saw some of Anne's paintings of Maggie's family, just thought i'd bump Hershel Jr's family tree...

16. Neuropyramidal

You can't see it in this photo, but after going back and watching this scene, it appears that the top-middle oval pic is Josephine Greene, Maggie's mom. The painting is based on a photo that hung in the house on Hershel's farm, and that photo is of Scott Wilson's real mother Jewel Wilson, who just died a couple years ago at age 102. The photo on the top left is probably Shawn Greene.

So many branches of Baby Hershel's family tree, right on that wall ;)

[​IMG]

17. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

This is cool.

I still think Hershel is an old man name.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1