Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick's Departure

Discussion in 'Episode 903 - Warning Signs' started by Terminator, Oct 22, 2018.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

We all know the actors names. LOL ;)

2. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Churchill said that diplomacy was the art of telling someone to go to hell in such a manner that they look forward to the trip.

I think there was a lot of diplomacy from both sides in the Lincoln departure.

Lincoln takes this story VERY seriously; that's how he always brings his "A" game. They ripped away one of his biggest (if not THE biggest) character motivations, for, let's face it, no really good reason other than shock. You can argue that it was so Rick, respecting Carl's final wishes, would spare Negan, but I call bs on that. Carl could have lived and spent the remainder of the season convincing Rick to spare him, plus we would have had the added bonus of more of that bizarre and fascinating relationship between Carl and Negan. But nooooooo, we can't have anything nice.

But I digress

On the production side, I guarantee the panic was palpable when he announced he was leaving. Can't IMAGINE how much cash they put on the table for him to stay. But once a Brit has made up his/her mind GOOD LUCK changing their mind.

So, you've got unhappy Andy and unhappy production. Solution? Spin, spin, spin, baby! Andrew misses his family (though I don't doubt this for a second), and production hypes his leaving for a potential ratings bonanza.

Diplomacy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have seen a few fan theory tag lines that put Rick's (possible) death at the hands of Daryl and Maggie. To be honest I have not delved beyond the tag lines for fear of a spoiler jumping out at me BUT it is an interesting theory. That somehow the actions of Maggie and Daryl indirectly are the demise of Rick (because I do not believe for one second that either Maggie or Daryl would purposefully kill Rick).

But I also do not want the relationship between Rick and Daryl to be left with unspoken words. I would hate it if they were not able to make peace with one another

#23 Dnae, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Seventh_son

Agree.

Further: to expound on your spoilers comment, trying to get to ep 5 without spoilers us like navigating a minefield. I hope they're all red herrings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Seventh_son

My heart goes out to Angela Kang. She gets this awesome sandbox but is denied the coolest toy in it.

"Congratulations, Angela, the show now belongs to you! By the by, the star is leaving. Have fun!"

She must feel like Sisyphus, pushing that boulder up a hill.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. PepperAnn

I have blissfully remained spoiler free. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Seventh_son

You must either tell us your secret, or give us the location of the cave in which you dwell so we all may move in with you.

8. PepperAnn

Simple, I have been sticking to this site and this site only.....and I keep the spoiler section on permanent ignore. So yeah, I AM in a cave. :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. Seventh_son

I admire your resolve!

• Like Like x 1
  10. PepperAnn

I am not sure I want to know the answer to this.................

but sucks as in bad writing, or kind of like an "awwwww man" kind of suck?

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

seriously? not as in "seriously the script sucks?" but as in Seriously?! you post in this thread, after reading how so many of us are trying to avoid spoilers at all cost, about your opinion on the script that it sucks. It might not be an outright spoiler, but for those of us who are adamant about remaining completely in the dark it might as well have been. :mad:

Not cool, not cool. Learn the art of self editing!

#31 Dnae, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  12. PepperAnn

*quietly takes back my last post, and slowly backs away from Danae*
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Having theories is one thing - we all have our theories. But to come on a non spoiler thread and give an opinion on a supposed leaked script that is posted in the spoiler section is quite another. Sheesh at least have the courtesy to insert it in spoiler tags!

Ugh, it just set me off this morning LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I appreciate your being careful! You can see how sensitive anything even potentially spoilerish is, poor newbie. lol But you're doing fine. Don't be scared away. <3

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Or he/she doesn't give a shit about spoiling.

17. kcspurs

kcspurs New Member

I thought chandler wanted to leave the show a few seasons ago because he moved to a different college. He stayed on for another season and was not in many episodes

18. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

He had just bought his first home--right there--and then he found out he was walker food.

19. Creepy Crawlies

1) Stating there is a rumored script floating around the internet is not a spoiler.
    2) My opinion on it is also not a spoiler.
    3) Stop crying.

With your same logic you could imply knowing there is spoilers is a spoiler.

Careful? Not a single word in my post spoiled anything LOL. I won't get scared away I eat people like Dnae for breakfast. :)

Then wouldn't I have actually spoiled something?

Yeah sucks that he just moved into the area and bought a house. I thought killing him off could of has to do with some issues they had with his parents? As I know there was disputes in the past. Then again wasn't he of age by the time he got killed off?

20. PepperAnn

I read he was thinking about it then decided to stay on. Then he got axed anyway after buying a house in Georgia. Lol talk about irony.