Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Returning characters?

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Chr1s, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Spoilers.......I edited my topic because I wasn't sure if this would be classified as a spoiler. It's all over social media, but still some people might want to enter the season knowing nothing.

www.tvguide.com/amp/news/fear-the-walking-dead-season-5-ruben-blades-daniel-sharman/

Assuming they are both alive and survived the explosion.....and Troy survived two blows to the head with a hammer. Maybe we will get the backstory about how Madison and company got to Texas. Figuring Daniel found Troy and they followed them. It's really the only way they can bring everybody back together and have it make sense.

But I'm wondering how Troy would even fit into the story since Madison and Nick are gone. Daniel still has a story to finish with Strand, so that would be fun to watch. Troy on the other hand was fun because of his link to Nick and Madison. With them gone I don't think he will be much fun.

I'm really hoping they bring back Madison so we get key moments. Madison finding out Nick is dead. Madison and Troy reconciling and maybe even Troy taking on the role of surrogate son.

To me it all hinges on Madison returning and they sort of have a course correction on their course correction. Do that and salvage the show. If not, scrap the whole thing and move on to new stories.

Also the whole thing screams desperate. All last season they kept telling us they were telling a specific story, even going into pre-production of season 5 they kept talking about the story they wanted to tell. Now they are probably bringing back two characters not seen last season and the last time we saw them was a few years and thousand miles ago. It tells me they never intended on having those characters be a part of the story but are doing it out of some desperate attempt to retcon last season.

#1 Chr1s, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting anything to make sense. They'll be this seasons Luciana and just show up like they were there the whole time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Not sure how they would fit in Morganville now but, after watching the second half of Season 4, making sense isn't one of their priorities. I'd like to see Kim Dickens return but I haven't seen any rumors pointing to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Assuming Troy and Daniel are actually on the show and not just being used in flashbacks....

I've been thinking about how the show would explain how they also got to Texas a year after the rest of them did....then it sort of hit me.

I've been assuming the reason, even though we haven't been given one, for why Madison and company went to Texas in the first place has to be because of Proctor John. We know John was heading to Texas after taking control of the dam, so it sort of fits that either the group, or part of the group, was kidnapped by John and taken to Texas and the rest followed. But what if it was actually Daniel and Troy who were taken? What if John's people found Troy all concussed and shit in the bellows of the damn and "rescued" him just before the explosion, and after the explosion they found Daniel. Knowing Daniel was a strong character John took both of them with him as prisoners/forced laborers and headed to Texas. Madison and company followed to rescue Daniel. It's explained that they found the remains of John's location when they arrived, found them all dead and then set up the stadium. Daniel and Troy escaped and have been out in the area ever since.

I don't know, this show is so screwed up anything is possible. I'm just trying to make sense of all the mess.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Stealth

I'm not sure how long I can watch Season 5. If the story continues along the same path as 4B it's not going to be for many episodes.

If they bring those characters back for flashbacks it'll be strange. Not only have we had time skips since they were last on the show, but Madison and Nick are gone so their past isn't that relevant now.

The bar is pretty low for me. Just looking for something semi-entertaining and I'll be okay with it at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Same here. I'll DVR the first half and binge it, if it's decent, I'll do the same with the second half. I don't see me watching it live.

I have zero faith in these writers and show runners though, and this new reveal pretty much cements the idea that they don't know what they are doing. If they really believed in the story they are telling. They wouldn't bring back two old characters. It feels like fan service. I mean I might think their story sucks, but at least have some conviction and continue to tell *your* story.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I still can’t get past “Mo-Mo”.

These people are characatures.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stealth

I will be DVRing it too. If they follow last year's pattern it'll return in April which would coincide with the final season of Game of Thrones.

9. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

Season 4 was my favorite season so far and I'm very excited to see Daniel return. I knew he would, he's a fan fav character and the only reason he wasn't in season 4 was he had prior commitments. Dudes a busy man. He's a grammy winner and presidential candidate.

Troy coming back is a shock to be sure. I'm interested to see where they go with him though I hope it's just flashbacks as I really disliked the character (the actor did a great job though)f

10. kennyisalive94-the sequel

It's funny because (without including Morgan who I consider a TWD character and he has an unfair advantage here) my favorite Fear characters are 1. Troy Otto and 2. Daniel Salazar and 3. Strand. So imagine my surprise when I find out that my top 2 characters, including 1 dead one, are coming back. I thought Troy was amazing and he and Nick had the most beautiful friendship. I want Troy to be alive and not just a flashback.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Bahahahaha the sequel. Lmao

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Of course Maddison is coming back too. Maybe season 4 was all a dream? :confused::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. kennyisalive94-the sequel

I think Madison could return. She didn't die onscreen and a lot of people are unhappy with her death. Personally, I kinda like the idea of her meeting Rick in the movie trilogy. Rick and Madison team-up, would get shit done.

14. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I hate Madison, so I really hope you're wrong about that. She ain't dead, she'll be back, but please not in the movies or anywhere near TWD.

15. kennyisalive94-the sequel

She's not particularly one of my faves, either. But I don't blame the fans of her for expecting more. And after re-watching season 2 and 3 while killing brain cells, she grew on me a little bit. But this was after they announced Troy was back.