Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Death of Jay and The Lives of Tao

Discussion in 'Novels and Paperbacks' started by Neuropyramidal, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Science fiction author Wesley Chu has been hired to write the 9th Walking Dead novel because they finally realized Jay Bonansinga's pet Angler Fish was secretly writing his novels for him and it never even went to fish school because when it was born its mother thought she had only pooped.

So, I was between books at the moment and decided to order some of Chu's previous works to see what I should expect of this 9th book. Tonight I started reading his novel The Lives of Tao, the basic premise of which is the following:

Millions of years ago before fish stuck their heads out of the water and discovered gravity an immortal alien race crash landed on earth. Apparently these aliens are kind of spirit-like without much of a physical aspect, and when humans first evolved, they started living inside their minds and guiding certain people to become great leaders, thus expediting our culture and technology, all for the ultimate purpose of humans somehow creating a way to get them back to their home planet.

At some point, a civil war broke out among this race, and two factions now exist. A peaceful one that is still trying to guide humanity in that direction, and a larger, more powerful and violent faction that is apparently, from what I can tell, trying to derail it.

Due to unforeseen circumstances one of these aliens "Tao", who has been inhabiting the minds of powerful and great humans for thousands of years, has to now inhabit the mind of an out of shape IT technician. And that's where I am so far.

I'm only about 30 or so pages in, so I will keep updating, but so far, here are my thoughts on Wesley Chu replacing Jay B:

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

@PepperAnn this could be another science fiction series for you. Its a trilogy like Wool and The Passage, and the first 35 pages of very promising. @Hedwig @Dnae @Jen7

3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I'm actually somewhat excited for this book because he can basically create a complete world of his own. And all he has to do is follow the general rules of the universe.