Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Year Round School?

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by adrenalineknife, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

oohhh, a budding numismatist!! LOL, I go to almost every major coin show within a 90 minute drive of me. Currently i'm working on liberty seated dimes [the U.S dime between 1837 and 1892]. Its an expensive hobby. But its fun finding error coins in your change. The state quarters and the 2009 Lincoln Formative years penny have a lot of errors. Find the right one, and you've got a 200 dollar coin in your hand :p. I have found dozens of errors just this year. :)

2. skittlesloli

skittlesloli Member

I know, I'm regretting not paying more attention while I was a cashier. One of my coworkers at the time was super into coins, especially wheat pennies and what not. Not to mention all those times the change scale would misread the coins while counting our tills? UGH I just wonder how many oldies I unknowingly overlooked.
    Now I'm just hoping to make a collection of Kennedy half dollars to sell, the more complete the better; I got about 20 already and just started searching yesterday, mostly circulated but they're not dirty or anything, some are even shiny!
    It makes me giddy.

3. Neuropyramidal

oh, giddy over coins...stop, i'll fall in love! The key is going to coin shows and sitting for a couple hours with a magnifying glass looking at the end-coins in rolls of new bankrolls. If you find an end-coin with an error on it, that means very likely more of same error inside. And more errors in the rolls near it. They all come off the conveyor belt at the mint together and the errors actually exist on the Die [same die makes all coins that day on that conveyor belt]. Last summer I spent only about an hour doing this at the Hamburg Coin Expo, and I ended up finding an error and buying about 50 rolls of pennies. I went to a bar down the street and searched them while drinking a beer, and ended up with over 200 error coins, worth 5 to 7 bucks a piece!

4. The Walking Cas

July is never a good month to go back to school.

5. EmeraldFire

EmeraldFire Member

I make tips from one of my jobs and there's a guy who frequents the coffee shop and he always leaves a Kennedy half-dollar. And somehow, they're all from 1971. So far, he's given me a dozen and it's pretty much sparked my interest.

6. EmeraldFire

EmeraldFire Member

I find that teens and boredom usually result in babies and gun fights/drug busts. I live in literally one of the most dangerous/miserable cities in the United States (also one of the most religious, go figure), according to Forbes. Just about 70% of my high school graduating class now have toddlers. A few of them already have schoolage children and more than one baby-daddy. But I just can't say yes to year-round schools. Most schools, especially in lower-income areas like the one I live in, have fee waivers for sports and other extracurriculars on all grade levels. The conclusion I have come up with is parenting. I've noticed that some of my friends with children older than three have parents themselves who never gave a shit.

7. skittlesloli

skittlesloli Member

Extracurriculars are great, but they're not mandatory, at least not in my area. When your parents don't give a shit, why do you think they'd want to drive you around for your sports games and chess club? Doesn't matter how free it is, if a kid doesn't have the support of a parent they're not going to get any benefit from an extracurricular activity (unless they're personally motivated, but I don't think that's the kind of kid you have to worry about).

I do agree that parents need to be more involved in their children.

I think we'd have better results if school is active for the same number of weeks throughout the year, still mandatory, with shorter breaks spread out through the terms; I think you'd have fewer bored teenagers without needing to pass out vouchers for extracurricular activities (that still cost somebody money) and the hope that their parents suddenly become involved in their children's lives.

8. Neuropyramidal

You'd be surprised what you can find In your change. Look any pre 1965 quarters.....they have a little less than 1/5 of an ounce of silver...and worth 6 bucks. ;)

9. EmeraldFire

EmeraldFire Member

No shit? I could be making money off my money? If that's not illegal, I'm surprised by our government.

10. Neuropyramidal

lol, its definitely not illegal. :p

11. juliafrod

juliafrod New Member

At my university, stringent standards are in place for academic writing, which can be quite challenging to meet. However, I managed to address this challenge by seeking assistance from best ghost writer services. This resource ensures that my papers are meticulously written to adhere to the university's guidelines.

#71 juliafrod, Nov 3, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2024