Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daniel Day's Season 2 Filming Location Pictures

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Daniel Day, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

I only live a bout 15 minutes from where they have filmed most of Season 2 so I decided to visit a few of the sites today for fun. Hutchinson Cove subdivision, better known as the "housing development": This is the cul de sac and street where the walkers approach Andrea when her gun misfires: [​IMG](Screen cap)[​IMG] Not 100% positive, but I am pretty sure this is the house that Shane and Andrea went into:[​IMG] This is the view Shane sees when he looks through his binoculars when he first exits the car. The house at the far end, with the two trucks in the driveway, actually belongs to a friend of mine(he is the one that informed me they were filming here):[​IMG]

#1 Daniel Day, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  2. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

This is where Glenn and Maggie go to the "pharmacy". It is located in Old Town Sharpsburg:
    [​IMG]

The "pharmacy" is actually a boutique that sells little girls clothing now:
    [​IMG]
    The way it looked during filming:
    [​IMG]
    This is across the street, where Glenn and Maggie secure their horses, It is also the same spot where you can see the crew member standing in the background just before Maggie is attacked:
    [​IMG]

3. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Contiuned...
    This is the street that they ride into town. If you look closely you can see the USPS sign to the left in the background, which can also clearly be seen in Episode 206:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the church that the group runs to when they hear the bells in the first episode:
    [​IMG]

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Very nice, Daniel! We should open up a generic "shooting locations" thread so anyone can add to our gallery of pictures.

BTW....don't forget to let me know about that farm! :zombies_lol:

5. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

It is actually Bethel United Methodist Church(although the sign Reads "Southern Baptist Church of the Holy Light" on the show) in Senoia. It is located only 5 miles from the actual filming location of Hershel's farm:
    [​IMG]
    (Screen cap)
    [​IMG]

This is the view that the group first sees when they run out of the woods:
    [​IMG]
    (Screen cap)
    [​IMG]

6. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Front stairs:
    [​IMG]
    (Screen cap)
    [​IMG]

I am not certain but I believe this is the corner where the "electronic bells" siren was located.
    [​IMG]

#6 Daniel Day, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  7. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Since it was a Thursday morning when I visited the church I had no means to get inside and take any pictures, but I did manage to snap a few through the windows. It appears to be pretty much the same as it was during filimg other that than the big cross with Jesus on it. I am assuming it was just a prop added for visual effect.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Screencap)
    [​IMG]

I am going to go to Cochran Mill Park soon and get some pics of that too. It is where they filmed the "waterfall" scene with Daryl when he was thrown from the horse. I plan on hitting some of the locations from Season 1 soon as well. Thanks for looking!

#7 Daniel Day, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  8. Jack.

Jack. Member

These are awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

9. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

These are awesome! My mom and I thought in the show that the church was a Catholic church because there was a crucifix. I don't think Baptists really use crucifixes, just regular crosses. But I haven't really been in too many churches to know.

Good luck on your next trip! I hoping for some other cool shots.

10. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I hope you have lots of free time. I hear that the waterfall is actually a long walk into the woods. There's a clear path, but someone on another forum said it takes a couple hours to walk there and back. Can't wait to see em, though!

11. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

It's not too bad, I have been back there before, my wife and I had some photos taken there a few years ago. It is about 1 mile hike, takes about 15-20 minutes to walk back there.

12. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow man, awesome pictures! I agree Bassman, we may have to add a section for set pictures

13. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Awesome pictures man!!! I agree as well...between you and Bassman we have some pretty cool pictures floating around.

14. newyorkjets19

newyorkjets19 New Member

Where is this? If you don't mind sharing. I might drive there myself and visit.

15. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

16. Belha

Belha Member

FANtastiiiiiiiic!!!!! thanks for sharing.

17. Michael

Michael New Member

Wouldn't it be cool to be an extra on this show.

I just joined this forum. I have a feeling that I will be spending a lot of time here. This thread is great because of the pictures of the filming locations. I would love to be an extra on the show. A zombi would be fun to act out.

Has anybody been an extra on this show or plan on it in the future.

Thanks for posting up these pics.

18. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

That is too fun. Lucky you!

19. Damrod

Damrod Member

Thanks. neat to know. How about the gas station??? Someone told me were is was becuase they lived down the street from it.

20. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

The gas station is on Highway 92, South of Douglasville(West of Atlanta). Been past it many times, just never got any pictures. Which is funny considering I went out of my way to see the other locations from the first season but haven't taken pictures of a location I pass on somewhat of a regular basis. :zombies_lol: