Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl's Motorcycle

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Loc, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

Man, I don't know if I would be riding around on that thing. It was loud as hell. I think that is the last thing you would want to ride. Even a crotch rocket would be better then that loud ass bike.

2. MaxBrooks

MaxBrooks New Member

The gas can

While I do not cOndone hate crimes, the SS emblEm on the gas can was a nice touch for the character

3. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Yeah I was thinking the same thing myself...while it looks bad ass, you would draw mad attention. I mean I hear those things come by my place in the summer, and its LOUD.

Welcome MaxBrooks! I missed the gas can...is that SS or lightening bolts?

[​IMG]

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I've always suspected the bike is actually Merle's. You see it sitting around the camp in season one and rather than drive it, Daryl puts it in the back of his pick up truck. Seeing as how Merle was the one spouting the white power garbage and wearing the leather vests when we first meet him, I assumed it was his. Daryl just ditched his own pick up truck in favor of Merle's bike for season two.

There's a special feature on the new SE dvd set of season one where Laurie Holden is sitting on the bike and says "This is NOT MINE" while pointing at the logo. lol

5. MaxBrooks

MaxBrooks New Member

The double lightning bolt is the emblem of the Waffen SS. Its so funny when people sport nazi emblems in America. Hitler planned to kill everyone in America, because of the racial intermingling, unlike the true Aryans that were called back to Deutschland prior to America's involvement in WW2.

6. AVC

AVC Member

That gotta be the stupidest transport option ever. I have often thought that a bike would be handy in the early days, as one would think that there would be cars everywhere, and it's easier to duck down footpaths, back alleys, and across parks and stuff with a bike. But certainly not that one!

I would be thinking an "adventure" bike, like a BMW 1200 GS, or the like, a good mix of off and on road ability, and plenty fast. And quiet. The GSs also have big-ass pannier systems to carry all the stuff when you're out looting.

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

By the time the walkers hear the bike, he's long gone. Should he run into a "herd", then he'll see them coming and ditch the bike for the comfort of the camper or one of the cars.

Much like the charger's alarm in season one, the sound of the bike would be hard for the walkers to pinpoint. By the time they figured it out, he's gone. His only real danger is running into a mob of the undead. But he could see that coming.

8. AVC

AVC Member

One thing not really covered is the danger of gangs of marauders. There are obviously other pockets of survivors, not all will be friendly, especialy to groups which have women and supplies.
    I'd be looking for one of these:
    [​IMG]

9. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

GOOD CALL!!! Confirmed last night in ep 2 when Dartyl gets his brothers stash out of the bike-bag.

10. inkerchris

inkerchris Member

Unless of course you have read the comics!

11. Zebra

Zebra New Member

Definately they should've picked up a Stryker or something like the pic above... but they should've also grabbed those radios from the sheriffs bikes when they were going to let Randall loose.. maybe the bikes as well, although I agree with AVC that a couple of dual-sport bikes would be better and quieter, and use them as for scouting and foraging with the police radios hooked up so they could converse to each other as well as the full group.

12. Frit Glass

Frit Glass New Member

my opinion

In my opinion they could have done without it. Yeah its Myrles bike but its not real life so the producers had to go "lets put a NAZI symbol on the bike" which is an unnecessary and offensive move. The SS where scum as were and are all NAZI's. I happen to love the Walking Dead and Darryl is one of my favorite characters. Him riding around on a symbol of hatred and oppression taints the show a bit for me. I am half jewish and although i follow no religion i still have respect for my people who suffered in the 1940's. Bottom line is this is the united states and we put a stop to the NAZI party a long time ago. Placing it nonchanonchalauntly in our media like its no big deal is insulting. it was a simple art department choice that could easily been made into a skull, flames, or even a confederate flag if you want to push the racist thing. either way i think it was bad choice on their part and if i was in the group that shit would be gone day 1..... sorry for the rant but I have exactly zero patience for shit like this.

13. Machete

Machete Active Member

I agree with you, I had never noticed the SS on the bike before, but it does seem unecessary and offensive to me. Hopefully it just sorta disappears in future episodes. I am sure that AMC has received complaints about it.

14. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I love Darryl's bike. I do think, though, that [MENTION=370]Bassman[/MENTION] is correct and it is actually Merle's bike.