Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 148 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 25: No Turning Back' started by BatmansHooker, Nov 10, 2015.

1. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

2. Keiran

Keiran New Member

RIP Tabitha, you'll be missed <3
    Can't wait to read the issue! Is it good? (I'm assuming you've read it?)

3. BatmansHooker

Figured I might as well do another spoiler post for the issue, since some people appreciated it last month. I will state again that underneath this tag is my actual summary of the issue, so if you wish to remain pure and unspoiled, do yourself a favour and keep scrolling:

4. BatmansHooker

It is a good issue, yes. I'm really loving the Whisperers storyline so far. It's just getting more and more juicy with each passing issue.

5. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I will catch up just because of this kind act. I'm inspired. <3

6. BatmansHooker

You're so very welcome <3 I'll be sure to tag you again next month, too.

7. PhireFox

PhireFox New Member

Well..

Edit + After thoughts:

#7 PhireFox, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  8. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I just read the Issue. This issue did something to me that I never thought would have ever happened. Super crazy.

9. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Absolute best part:

10. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

Cant wait until lunch

11. halcyon

halcyon Member

12. BatmansHooker

Yeah, I really don't think Negan's getting out of his cell. When Rick says that he needs his help, I still think he means more as an advisor than an ally or anything. I don't see Negan leaving his cell for at least quite a while, yet.

13. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

Has anyone read the letter hacks? Is Kirkman trolling us?

14. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

That was the best issue of the last few, they finally moved us along with this story and I was just like

15. HondaS2kXD

Do you mean is he actually going to kill Andrea in 150, does he shit in comic books, or is Negan double-perhaps going to be leadin the troops? No to all three.

16. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Really good issue! Got to say I almost gave up hope on Carl. Pointing that gun on Andrea ,I was about to flip! Then he pointed it at Lydia redeemed himself a little there. But damn this chick is really ruining Carl. That riot scene was awesome, Rick saying Next punch I'll put you in the ground got me giddy with joy :zombies_lol: Rick going to break his"No kill" law real soon!

17. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

a few things worth pointing out

-Issues back Negan points to his scar when Olivia was bathing him, he said something about a story behind it.
    -Negan killed the man who was going to rape a prisoner many issues back. Did you notice Alpha killing the whisperer who found her crying in the same manner? Interesting
    -Negan is has a major issue with rape.
    -Alpha views rape as something from the "old world"

18. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

Andrea

19. HondaS2kXD

Lol. Doubt it. But then again he did spoil Glenn's potential death by lucille on a tv show where they were dropping foilers so who knows.

20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think Negan is overcompensating for his own behavior when he acts out against rape. He has a harem of women that he basically uses as sex slaves in return for protection and freedom from their otherwise harsh jobs. I don't think those women choose whether they have sex with him each night. He chooses. I highly doubt if they say no, he just says okay, and moves on to the next willing woman. In his mind he probably views it as consensual because they agreed to the plan to begin with. But who would dare to leave, and risk their husbands getting disfigured, or possibly punishment themselves.

To mitigate his guilt and convince himself what he's doing is acceptable, he has no tolerance for rape among his men.

As for this issue, I think it was solid. I liked the civil unrest at ASZ, and I kind of hope it isn't resolved already. It could be interesting to see a large group of residents go off after the whisperers and f*ck everything up worse than it is, forcing Rick to act more quickly. Eugene and Larry, stirring up the beer kettle. ;)

And I don't think any of the Letter Hacks trolls will come true. Andrea dying in 150: zero percent. Negan leading the mission to the whisperers: 3%. With Rick already losing the respect of some of the residents, letting Negan loose would be a very poor decision right now. And who will be unexpectedly returning next issue? I'm thinking Bob, from Woodbury. :) He goes out, gets drunk, and goes back to the wrong safe zone.

So what will Negan help him with? Will it be a Silence of the Lambs relationship? From behind his cell, he helps Rick to think like Alpha? Prepare for what she may or may not do? Talk about liver and fava beans? This is my guess.