Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do you want to know who was Lucilled?

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by westwingnut, Apr 21, 2016.

1. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

From a strict point of view, I prefer not to know who Negan's victim is until it gets shown on the screen.

But in reaction to the way the show has jerked us around with stupid cliffhanger ending, I think I want to know who it was before the episode airs.

There's no way they will be able to match the emotional level of 616, so why not know ahead of time?

2. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

I'd rather it not be spoiled until it's shown in 701.

Knowing beforehand would deplete whatever remaining suspense/emotions the death could have at this point.

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Normally I prefer not to be spoiled, but for me this one is going to be really difficult to avoid. I've already pretty much given in to the fact that I'll be checking for spoilers.

4. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Spoilers don't bother me and, at this point, I'd much rather know for myself than have to keep staring at 50+ "who got killed" speculation threads, videos, dissertations, forensic scene breakdowns, etc. All we're missing at this point are grassy knoll theories.

I'd be respectful of others and not speak a word of it out loud, but it's certainly info I will not exactly be trying to avoid at all.

5. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

I am probably in the minority but for me I don't want to know. I want to have a little anticipation for the reveal.

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Of course I want to know and I too will be looking for spoilers should that info get out, but at the same time I know when it's revealed it's not going to have the same effect on me as it would have in the finale. They set the mood for the moment and then shit all over it in the same go. I honestly feel there is no way to fix this mistake, what's done is done.

7. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

The anger still runs deep in you, Grasshopper.

[insert cool Kung Fu gif here]

8. LadyGrimes

I can't even call it anger at this point anymore, It's more like "Whatever." I'm indifferent to the whole thing.

9. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I rather not know too since iv'e predicted pretty much the first half of 7a so i would like to see if they came true/correct. The finale did throw me off as to who gets lucilled but i rather keep guessing than have it spoiled for me.

10. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

In the movie Two for the Money, Al Pacino said the greatest high in the world is when the dice are dancing on the table and the person who rolled them doesn't know if they rolled in their favor or not. It's not the win or the loss that brings out the most overwhelming feeling, it's that in between time when your heart and mind are racing and your eyes are wide with anticipation. I loved his explanation of that and I think that's what all the hype and guessing are doing for me on some level. I was pissed at first... but now I want to play the game until October (but my curiosity may get the best of me if info becomes available) haha

• Like Like x 1
  11. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

Wow, I like that too! And that is a really good description. I never saw that movie but now I think I need to check it out. So thanks.
    I have liked almost every Pacino movie I have seen.

12. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Definitely worth checking out! I liked it. Matthew McConoughy is in it too.

13. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

Alright Alright Alright!!!

14. jojo

jojo Member

I want to know! I'll be stalking every spoiler I can find.

15. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Well, after three weeks, I still would rather know the identity of the victim beforehand. I really want to "spoil" the cliffhanger.

I think that if I don't know, I will be too busy thinking about how we've been jerked around to focus on the story. I would rather have the satisfaction of knowing that I know, than experience the thrill of watching the reveal.

16. Viki

Viki Member

I definitely want to know. Especially if it's bae XD

17. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I would prefer to know , although it would be a sacrifice to my enjoyment, the sacrifice would be worth it to prevent other shows from ever trying this again. (Other shows would realize something as big as a cast member missing from a show can get leaked over the course of such a long time so they wouldn't risk trying to cover it for 7 months)

I agree from a strict storytelling perspective I prefer to be surprised. It's why I checked I hate spoilers.

#17 Spidey, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  18. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I think it SHOULD be spoiled. If anything, to teach the egomaniacs over at AMC a lesson. There are proper ways to do a cliffhanger and then there's what they pulled. It would have been JUST as much, actually no, a REAL cliffhanger had they shown who it was. They are going to spend more time and energy (and possibly $$) TRYING to keep the identity a secret then they did coming up with the stupid idea in the first place.

19. LadyGrimes

I agree completely. They thought they were being so clever so I'm all for it coming back to bite them in the ass, and I don't doubt it will. In that interview I read Gimple basically said they're going to try to keep it a secret but the world is what it is. My reaction was like, well if you ****ing knew that, why'd you take the risk anyway? Sounds pretty stupid to me. And if the death leaks, guess what? THEY'LL GET OVER IT LOL. Isn't that what they said about us?

20. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Its not only going to bite them in the ass, it is going to permanently reside in it. This will go down in history as the most stupid move a Television Station ever made. What Gimple is trying to do is save face. They know damn well they screwed up and anything they do or say now is just going to look like a pathetic attempt to make themselves look brilliant. My fondest wish is that when the premier hits instead of millions of fans tuning in and anticipating the outcome, they will have millions of fans collectively yawning because it WONT be a surprise.