Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So, Negan isn't a bad guy...

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by Crook, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Crook

Crook Member

I think the reason why we viewed him as a bad guy was because he mocked and taunted those who he killed, and used a lot of profanity.

In fact, the way he does things are similar to Rick's ways? It's just the way he talks that makes him look evil. Except for the iron part, Rick would never do that.

Except, now that Rick has changed, and Negan might change too.

2. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Negan is still a much more hardcore, darker version of Rick.

But, yes, they are very similar people.

Negan's grey, like most people are. He's not black hat evil or white hat good. He's both, with a darker version of grey than most.

3. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Do we think Negan was planning on killing Alpha the entire time? Or could it be the rape is what set him over the edge and led to that final decision?

Also it looked a lot like Alpha was falling for him too. She was basically pushing Beta away and spending all her time with Negan, even showing weakness in front of him.

4. DragonRacer

I think so. I don't think he went there ever intending to join the Whisperers, not really. He knew they killed some of Rick's people, I assume, since Rick asked for his leadership advice when Alexandrians were freaking out and attacking Rick for not immediately launching a war. So, I think Negan was curious to check out the situation and possibly avenge them. I say the latter simply because of that time when Rick said he needed his help and Negan launched up all excited asking who Rick needed him to go kill.

So, clearly, Negan's willing to go kill for Rick. Whether that's because he simply wanted out of the cage, wanted to feel useful and have a purpose again, or because he's starting to feel some type of way about Rick and Alexandria and communities-working-together is anyone's guess at this point.

I do believe witnessing the rape and learning that it's totally condoned by Alpha and the group made his decision to kill her about 1,000 times easier. They made it "easy for him", to lift a line from his issue # 100 monologue.

And, yes, it definitely looked like Alpha was falling for him. Negan's got... an odd charm. I don't find her reaction surprising at all.

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I think Negan's going to confront Rick and the Alexandrians with Alpha's zombie head and make them vote on who's more qualified to lead them: him or Rick.

After Alpha put the zombie heads of a dozen people on pikes. I can easily see a landslide victory for Negan.

6. DragonRacer

Now THAT'S an interesting thought/scenario. I kinda like it, actually.

7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I could see something similar to this, now that you mention it - Negan knows that Rick has been struggling, and even gave him advice on how to win everyone over - so he could use that weakness against him to gain the popularity of the people. The question is...would they really be that dumb to choose Negan over Rick?

It's like asking if people are dumb enough to vote for Trump, so i guess the answer is yes.

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Lol. He's not bad in the same way that it isn't always raining in Seattle. He's morally gray... But it's a really dark gray. And despite my Rigan shipping, I'm doubtful that his primary motive for infiltrating the Whisperers and then killing alpha was to win Rick's heart and steal him from Andrea.

9. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

Negan always kills weak people, he killed Spencer when he asked him to kill Rick (why you don't do that by yourself? you don't have the guts.... oh, you have guts), didn't kill Carl when he approached the Saviours (and kill a couple of them iirc)
    as soon as Alpha showed her weakness, starting crying, he realized she was not the leader he supposed she was; also killing Alpha shows to Beta that he has guts and he can be the new Alpha.

What really Negan wants ?

of course

10. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

A match made in heaven. <3

11. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

Negan is the perfect kind of bad. Negan, in a way, was always Negan. Born for this.

Or at least hes completely turned the corner, whereas Rick still holds on to his old self a little bit.

12. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

We saw Rick's reaction/break down when Lori died. Do you think the tragic way Negan's wife died had anything to do with him turning every ounce of emotion off (or at least appearing that way)? I've read up on his backstory a bit and I wonder how things lead up to where Negan is now... I have my own theories, but curious what other people think.

13. DragonRacer

I think losing her to cancer was already bad enough to really screw with his head.

But I think being forced now to either leave her behind as the walking dead... or, more likely, being forced to kill her walker form... that's what's gonna break him.

And things just go waaaaaaaaaay downhill from there, I'm sure. I mean, the world's ending, basically. There will be no more rainbows or sunshine or kittens in the immediate happening and aftermath of that.

14. mishone

mishone Member

He Kind of reminds me of Al Capone. Capone ran a protection racket just like negan. Killed some bad guys and maybe a few good guys, family was off limits. He Loved his family, took good care of them, except he contracted syphillis and refused to be treated for it.

#14 mishone, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  15. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Made this to go with my Negan/Lucille story... (i'm almost back to work lol so this free time I have is slowly winding down haha!) ... the quality of the video sucks compared to the original one... my video editor refused to publish it as a video file so I had to copy it... Totally Team Negan lately

[video=youtube;R9Ie8WWX01k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Ie8WWX01k[/video]

16. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

Man, that would suck! But a great theory and I think it would really shock people. I really don't think this would go over well with our survivors, especially Andrea. (I wonder how Rick would feel? Would he agree that after this he isn't the leader he once was? Or would he be more like "Oh no I don't think so" in regards to the "house that he built" so to speak, and again fight Negan for rightful claim over his stuff and thangs?)

Good one!

17. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

Oh I think Negan is more of a bad guy for sure. And I'm sure many of the events just before and then during the ZA led to him being "who he is now". But, perhaps the seed was always there, since he was born maybe. It just needed the right environment to grow. He and Rick have both lost a lot, and both of their heads have been pretty damn messed up (no Lucille pun intended lol). But the difference I see, is that Rick truly loves his people, especially our original survivors that he has known since not long after waking up from the coma. He does what he does to protect his family and his people. I don't think that Negan actually "loves" any of his people or considers them family. I think he sees them as his 'workers', employees kind of. They do most of the hard stuff for him, do a hell of a lot of the work, and everyone has jobs to do to earn their keep of what is his. They NEED him in a big way. And Rick doesn't just go and kill someone off from a new community he meets just to assert his dominance and show them what's up. Or take most of their stuff. At this point in time I'd say that Negan would technically almost always fall into the Bad Guy category.
    (Hmm...now Rick?? I may just have to start a thread on that one. Could be interesting. I'd say look for it in the television series section!!)

18. Logan812

Logan812 New Member

I'm not holding my breath at least until the Whisperer War is over. He's still Negan after all. He may be brash, but he's smart and could be using this situation as an opportunity to work his way back to power.