Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Was anyone else confused by this ***SPOILER***

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Platix, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Platix

Platix New Member

At one point Rick had a flashback of the remaining survivors getting smashed over the head. I think it was when he was on top of the camper. I thought for a bit that all of the remaining survivors were being murdered, until he was taken back to them and they were all alive.

So what's the deal with that? I'm confused about why he had that flashback. I really thought at in that moment that he would be the only survivor.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Negan was telling Rick to imagine what could "still" happen. Rick realized that if he didn't get the hatchet back to Negan, they would all be killed. And he was using his imagination as a motivation to get the hatchet back in the RV.

3. Platix

Platix New Member

Thanx Neuro. Yeah that makes sense. But I really got a bit anxious at the time, because I didn't understand that.

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I am curious if that was why they filmed each person getting a death scene......or if they were just making good use of the useless scenes.

5. Lian

Lian Member

Neh, he was just thinking what MIGHT happen if he doesn't comply.
    :shining:

6. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I surmise that they filmed those shots to suppress filming spoilers from leaking out. In fact, it's too bad they didn't let some of those shots leak out. It would have really caused havoc among the Spoiler Lovers.

7. PepperAnn

Yeah, I heard that. That's why I am curious if they decided to make use of the wasted footage by having Rick imagine all of them getting it.

8. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

There was a leaked one of Maggie getting the bat a day or so before the premiere.

9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Seems silly to film those to cover up spoilers when there are always people stalking the film sites, and 2 people were clearly not on set lol.

10. PepperAnn

Yeah, if they are going to take the time to do it.....friggin leak em! And hire some damn body doubles! lol

11. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I see. I avoided most of the spoilers for the last week or so.

12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I mean, that kind of thing works for a finale when they're not shooting anymore and there are multiple "versions" of the death so that anything that leaks could be misleading, but TWD sort of backed themselves into a corner with leaks. Filming fakes was futile, because as you said, there's always fans by the set and social media to tell us which actors haven't been seen since the death was filmed.

13. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I think it was planned all along by the writers to use those as visions by Rick. These guys are a lot smarter than quite a few people on here give them credit for. It didn't hurt them that people started talking about everyone filming a death scene.

14. M3O

M3O Member

I loved when Negan bopped Eugene on the head with Lucille. Wasn't a head-bashing blow. Nope. Just a bop.

15. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

My exact thoughts, too. I'd remembered them saying they filmed everyone with a death scene, and my dumb ass thought it was maybe done to try and throw the spoiler hounds off the scent... but then we had the reason last night. LOL

16. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

The part that I didn't get is why we saw flashbacks of people who survived before flashbacks of Glenn and Abe. How does that make any sense? I'm not referring to the head bashing flashbacks, but the flashbacks of his memories of his friends. You'd think your first flashbacks would be of the people who just got their skull bashed in. Then once you had those flashbacks, THEN you'd think of the remaining survivors.

I mean the first person he thought of was Rosita. Are you serious!? Glenn just dies and you think of Rosita first? WTF? I thought it was a total stalling by the writers to keep us guessing until they replayed that scene, because if they played Glenn and Abe first you'd know it was them. But the way they did it made it seem like Rick cares more about Rosita than Abe and Glenn just having died.

It was probably done for both reasons.

#16 Spidey, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  17. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was weird as hell.

18. jujulita

jujulita Member

Yeah, I was confused too and freaked out a little bit until Daryl was hit. That's when I knew it couldn't be true and it was just Rick's imagination. Mainly because it's obvious Daryl won't to away like that. His death won't be a flashback.

Anyway, that's when I remembered Negan said "what could have happened". And all was good again :)

19. PepperAnn

I wonder if it's a combination of the two. Originally done to throw people off, then found a way to use those scenes so they weren't a complete waste.

20. PepperAnn

I thought this too. Did NOT like this fake out as it made NO sense. The cheap thrills just keep on a comin.