Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

My Eyes Can Never Unsee...

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by PepperAnn, Oct 24, 2016.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I wish I had a reset button and I could reset to 7:59pm October 23rd......skip the episode and start season 7 with episode 2 next week. I would be completely fine with that.

The more time goes on the more all of this is really setting in. I am completely traumatized and devastated. Never has a TV show affected me this much. Ugh, I just keep replaying both scenes in my head and it's driving me bonkers. lol

Abraham's scene got to me way more than I thought it would. Him giving the peace sign to Sasha was one of the hardest moments. But Jesus CHRIST when Negan said "let's get back to it" and just CRACKED Glenn's head out of the blue.....that shocked the ever living SHIT out of me.

I am not one of the people that thinks they overdid it with the gore. I truly think this moment needed to happen and always said if they did not do this scene I would feel cheated. But holy hell it hurts BAD.

2. IRI_90

IRI_90 New Member

I feel most for Maggie she has now lost her Stepmother, Stepbrother, Father, Sister, Husband, Countless friends, possibly her unborn child, her home at the farm all in the space of what a year (In the story timeline), All that and she's still going strong it's why she's my favourite character. She has lost more than any other character bar none, Although how she can come back from this i do not know.

"Hey dumbass". "WHO'S DEANNA?"

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh she will! :)

5. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Maggie's going to go stone cold killer leader. The Saviors have much to fear. This is her awakening.

Carol prior to emotional breakdown style, but more sinister towards these Saviors.

6. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

The scenes were pretty harsh, I was shocked too. I think, they werenecessary to show, what a threat Negan is, but I will miss Glenn and Abraham (I would have missed any of the others too)

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

This episode and Darabont's pilot are the only two entries at the moment to spring to mind as feeling like absolute true adaptations of the comic. There might be another I'm forgetting, but those two are Kirkman's world and tone come to life.

That's not to say that all other episodes are bad, just that very very few have made me feel the exact same way I felt when reading the books.

Nicotero has came a hell of a long way as a director. Having known of his effects work since 1985, if you'd told me I would be relating his directorial skills to Frank Darabont, I would've called you a fool....

8. TWD_fanatic

TWD_fanatic Member

I have to type an essay for a class and my chest and heart hurt so bad I physically can't do it ... I know what you mean

9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I've gotten zero done at work today. Do you think I'll get a free pass if I tell my boss I'm having PTSD from TWD?

10. IRI_90

IRI_90 New Member

Oh i hope so i don't read the comics but have a rough idea of what's coming up for Maggie if they go the comic route that is, As much as i'll miss Glenn and Abraham for that matter this softens the blow somewhat (Excuse the awful pun), And i am actually looking forward to Maggie becoming even more of a badass and getting some well deserved retribution which she didn't personally get with The Governer or Dawn. That's if they eventually kill Negan which the writers may not

"Hey dumbass". "WHO'S DEANNA?"

#10 IRI_90, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2016
  11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Write about the brutality in our world

12. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I work in a cafeteria that is in a Government contracted building.
    Last nights episode, is what most talked about.
    So no work from the government today. :)

13. PepperAnn

Taking today off was the smartest thing I have done in a long time. :p

14. Znuts

Znuts Member

This has been me today at work as well. I need to see the rest of this season to get on the healing train.

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Would a little bit of Jesus make you feel better?

[​IMG]

16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Me too.

I mentioned in another thread already but.......

I have only felt this way once before and remember it like it was Yesterday,which it sort of was.

I saw The Exorcist in the theater when it was released and came out of there feeling EXACTLY like I did and do from this.
    Except that I had nothing invested in that one going in.

Not my kind of entertainment for sure.

Not at all sure why they had to go so over the top gruesome here and in a way they have not really done before but I am not OK for more if this is where things are headed on this show.

I have been useless Today too and my Mom has been in the Hospital all Weekend and we got her home a little while ago and they all think I am just upset about her?:zombies_neutral:

17. PepperAnn

That definitely helped. :p

Sorry about your mom. :( Hope all is ok.

18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Thanks
    Too soon to tell for sure but she is sleeping better.
    Getting old can suck.

Though it usually beats the alternative too!

19. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Well said. It was incredibly painful to watch, but that in itself was what made it such an incredible and effective episode.

I didn't realize Abraham was giving Sasha the peace sign until I read it on here and elsewhere. I thought he was preparing himself for some reason. I didn't realize he was saying good-bye to Sasha.

With Glenn...yes, when it turned around and bashed his head...then turned to the group...said he was sorry, this is really hurting all of you...but then "No exceptions!" and kept banging Glenn...that hurt like hell.

My stomach was in knots and I covered my mouth. I grabbed tissues and bunched them up. It was hurtful.

#19 ShaneFan, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  20. PepperAnn

Amen to that. I rated it a 10 and would rate it a 20 if I could. But I ain't ever gonna watch it again. lol