Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Swear you'll RATE this booger?

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 27, 2016.

?

Rate the Monstrosity!!

1. 10

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. I swear I didn't know I was gonna enjoy myself this much.

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  3. 8

9 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. 7

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  5. 6

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  6. 5

9 vote(s)
    12.3%
  7. 4

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. I coulda swore that was an episode of Lost in Space

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. 2

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  10. @#&%#!

11 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Cross your heart and hope to die?

2. SStark

SStark Active Member

One of the worst episodes in franchise history. We easily could've gotten the entire Oceanside story in like half an episode, not stretched over a 70 minute extravaganza like this.

3. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

I'm gonna give it a 7/10

I like Tara as a character, so I was glad to get a bit more with her this episode. I do agree that it could have been shorter, the episode felt quite bloated, but it DID have important information in it, and a possible ally for the future. I doubt that will be the last we see of that group.

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It pains me to say that I did not care for this episode all that much. I really do not have the gripes that some have about the season thus far. I have enjoyed every episode up to this point.

I am going to be generous and give this one a 7

5. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

5/10...poo poo pants city. (Sorry, the PPP has gotten me into acronym hell).

I think this is one of the very few episodes where I actually felt bored and was ready for it to be done.

I also like Tara - but this was such a filler episode. As someone else said in the live thread, it didn't really show us anything major to propel the story forward other than the little tidbits we learned from Beatrice or whoever.

Even Ma Barker failed to impress.

Those sandy walkers were pretty cool though, I'll give 'em that.

6. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I give it a 6. And no I don't care where Heath is.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Of course it gets half a point knocked off just because I'm not a huge fan of bottles. There were a few things about this episode I would have done differently. I liked Tara's humor, but there were one or two times I thought they over did it a little bit. It should have been slightly subtler. And I've never been a fan of the film cliche where a person just happens to come along at exactly the right time and save someone when they're about to be shot or knifed, or run-over by a steam roller. And in this episode it happened twice with Cyndie saving Tara. Three times if you count saving her on the beach, but I don't really count that.

Having said all that, overall I enjoyed the episode. I enjoyed seeing Tara again, and I liked a couple of the new characters.

I'll give it a 7.8.

8. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I rated this episode the lowest rating never has done since i joined this forum. The only cool thing was the zombies in it. I didn't like that Heath left Tara and Tara not listening. I mainly want my hour back. I didn't not enjoy the episode at all. I was more excited for the sneak peek at the end. The new community was a meh and the back story of the saviors kill ALL the men geez i was lost and i got a headache. I won't be rewatching this episode again for awhile. The best part was ending showing Eugene and Rosita but still couldn't wait for episode to end. I still like Tara and Heath but not in this episode!

9. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Rachel is f*cking horrible though.

10. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Member

I couldn't even finish the damn episode because that's how bad it was. Very cringey and boring 0/10.

11. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

I've never rated an episode with a 1, but there's always a first time for everything.

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I wasn't looking forward to another bottle episode so i was pleasantly surprised by how much i enjoyed it. I'm completely invested in the main group at Alexandria, but I found myself actually wanting to watch more about the Oceanside clan...they were fascinating to me, and the location is like nothing we've seen so far.

They are hitting us with a lot of new communities in rapid succession...Hilltop, Sanctuary, the Kingdom and now Oceanside. It seems like a lot to take, but each of these communities have seen great loss mostly by the hand of Negan, and are now being reminded that there is still hope of goodness in the world by one or two representatives of Alexandria (Tara: Oceanside...Carol & Morgan: the Kingdom...Maggie & Sasha: Hilltop...Daryl: Sanctuary). I can't wait to see all of these people join together to take Negan/The Saviors down...it's a slow burn but with that end goal in mind it's really exciting.

Also bonus points for Eugene on lookout duty to welcome Tara home. I mean who wouldn't want to come home to that face?

I give this episode a "jolly good"...or a 7.95.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DHarry

DHarry New Member

4/10 for me. Not a big fan of all this breaking up the show into episodes of the different groups of people. I would rather see all the arcs a few times in one episode instead of an entire episode just seeing one of them. I mean there are five different groups to see now. Rick at Alexandria, Darrell, Carol, Maggie, and now Tara. Maggie's was not a whole episode but the others were. There is a lot to see but I really lose any sense of immersion in the show when it jumps around like this.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

2. Terrible... It's amazing how they can have a great new character like Negan and manage to pull off the worst season to date so far. It's becoming like "Lost" at the end just discussing which was the worst episode..

15. srings

srings New Member

yep...nothing to see hear but a bad to average-at-best episode.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

16. LilaLurker

LilaLurker New Member

I give it a 4/10 and I think that's generous. The important points could have been made in 15-30 mins. IMHO It seemed like so much boring filler

17. Eat Carol

Eat Carol New Member

Why do the makers of this show insist on creating lame-o-sodes like this one. Top 5 worst episodes ever. I watch this damn show for these characters (in order) Maggie, Darryl, Maggie (again), Michonne, Maggie (yes, a third time), Rosita, Maggie (nope, not done yet), Zombie dudes, Maggie (ok, I'll never be done), Morgan, and of course, for the episode where Carol gets eaten (while Morgan watches). I also watch for just one episode all about Maggie, Michonne, and Rosita hangin' out together and just kinda doin' stuff. COME ON! ONE TIME! PLZ! What? No Rick you say. I'm tired of his over acting and shaky, whiney, staring off into space nonsense. Let D take over this tribe and kick some ass!

18. Eat Carol

Eat Carol New Member

Right on, Man! Totally agree!

19. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

I'd give this episode a 6/10.
    The whole thing was off for me, from the initial discussion between Tara and Heath, on to the end. The only saving grace for the episode was the new community.
    Heath has turned into a whiny little twit.

20. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Member

Just bad....I have nothing against Tara or Heath, but did all that time have to spent on this to seemingly hardly progress the story? This is the 2nd episode this season I have been left to wonder why an extended episode was needed to tell the story. There was literally no substantial dialogue until like 18 minutes in....ugh. :zombies_mad: