Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Cyndie's Map

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Cyndie traced her finger south, passed Baltimore, passed Washington, and her finger ended up near Alexandria. It makes one wonder if she somehow knows that Tara is from a community by that point, and even the community's general location. She also jumped on board almost immediately when Tara said she was from another community, backing up Tara and saying "our communities can help each other. Like she had already been thinking about it.

I'm skeptical about this turning out to be the case, but I thought it was worth mentioning, as they spent time focusing on the map, while Cyndie thought about Tara. Its possible Tara had something on her person that gave it away, perhaps?

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I would imagine she may know of places like the Hilltop and possibly even the Kingdom and figures there might be a decent chance Tara was from one of them. I would bet that if we see anyone from the Oceanside group much anymore Cyndie would be the one we would see. She may be the one they go to to help build an alliance with the entire group.

3. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

She started off in Howard County (west of b-more) and traced south into Southern Murderland (Maryland). Within the same metro region as Alexandria? Yes. Near Alexandria? Not really as you have to cross a mile wide rivah to get to Alexandria after hoofing it up the road a ways.

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I say it is a map to find Eldorado.

Honestly, no idea but if they used to be a community that got crippled by a war with Negan, they might know of more than we think they do.

5. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Wow you really paid alot more attention to this episode than I did! Nice!

But I really love your theory.

6. Znuts

Znuts Member

I think Cyndie knows more than she let on about other communities. That or she is an eternal optimist and just wants to get back to a normal group of people that has some dudes in it.

7. Neuropyramidal

Her finger stopped on the same side of the Potomac river as Alexandria. Her finger stopped in Virginia, not Maryland. And it was quite near Alexandria, compared to where her finger started. That's what they were trying to show us.

#7 Neuropyramidal, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  8. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

looked like Murderland to me but hey I am willing to review the scene.

9. Neuropyramidal

Its possible you are right, the map was pretty small, and I think it was showing the water as being quite small, so that may have been the Chesapeake Bay, not the Potomac they were showing. But either way, she was tracing down to the general area, closer to Alexandria, while thinking about Tara. It was definitely intentional.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It was also clear that they already had some knowledge of the Sat. Station outpost and that maybe this was the exposure to the Saviors that they had been run by?
    They didn't say so at first but it was obvious on purpose.

So that would put them somewhere closer to Alexandria,The Hilltop or Saviorville than they are now I imagine and I bet they are now in the furthest place from where they think the Saviors are as they think they can get.

They were likely visited and murdered at their location and not the Savior compound I will bet too.

I will have to watch again myself.

11. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I agree on everything you have stated, just disagree about locations. It big scheme, not a big deal.

12. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Maybe the Ocean people, were a part of a community that was closer to Alexandria and the area. They did say, after the men were slaughtered, they ran away, until they found that place. It isn't like they came from there.

13. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I don't remember much about the map. I am going to re-watch myself. the issue I have is that they say that they are by the ocean but the mouth of the Chesapeake bay where it meets the ocean is about 200 miles away from Alexandria VA. Unless they crossed the Bay bridge at some point, which I wouldn't suggest during a ZA, they would have to travel all the way to Virginia beach to reach the Ocean

14. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

So I re-watched the map scene. The spot that Cyndie is pointing to is indeed in MD. Looks to be around Waldorf in Prince Georges County. The MD border is traced in yellow marker in this scene and she is certainly inside the border. The body of water to the right of her finger is the Chesapeake Bay. The Potomac is also traced in yellow as it is a natural border between MD and VA. It is right to the left of her finger. I would imagine that this is where they lived before moving away. They are more likely living on the shores of the Potomac or on the Chesapeake bay around Chesapeake Beach. Chesapeake Beach is a very popular fishing destination. However, they are doing something wrong as in that area they should be laying into some nice Rockfish that is much better eating than perch. Leads me to believe that they are on the Potomac. Doubtful that they would head far enough south to reach the ocean as you'd have to go all the way down to the top of Cyndie's palm (in the scene) to reach the ocean. Crossing the bay is unlikely without a boat and youd' have to go all the way over to Ocean City to hit the ocean that way anyway. Also, Perch is not a fish that you'd probably catch on the reg in the ocean.

*After the map scene is the beach scene. This scene actually points more to them being near on the bay. The River wouldn't have waves crashing on shore with enough force to make crashing noise

#14 bula412, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  15. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Well you had better tell this to Gimple then!

I am sure he will want to make it right.........ish.

16. RU3evil

RU3evil Member

*After the map scene is the beach scene. This scene actually points more to them being near on the bay. The River wouldn't have waves crashing on shore with enough force to make crashing noise[/QUOTE]

The waves they showed would actually be a pretty calm day down low on the river but the rhythm is way different. A good wind from the East to Southeast can be downright treacherous in a 20' boat from Tall Timbers (even a few miles further up) down to the bay.

I try to practice suspending disbelief or pretend they are in some other part of the country for this ASZ story line. I would like for the stories sake Oceanside to be either on the western shore of the Chesapeake, or if on the ocean, South of Va. Beach. The bay bridge would be a dangerous thing in the ZA, not to mention the other bridges you have to cross. Although,it could be up in Delaware and you could go above the bay and cross at conowingo dam. Only a couple bridges across the Potomac. Bridges would make for easy ambush point.

I'll try to find the map on the show. It sounds like her finger may have stopped right near me.

17. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

Perhaps she has somewhere else she wants to be? She was so quick to help Tara because she hoped the favour could be returned and she would take Cyndie home with her. Not to stay I mean, but just to send her on her way? Probably to see Negan . . .

18. Chaos

Chaos Member

Some would suggest to avoid crossing the Bay Bridge even without a zombie apocalypse.

19. BlackLightning

That's the craziest thing about Maryland.

They tax the people to death there but the infrastructure would be laughably bad if it wasn't so serious.

20. RU3evil

RU3evil Member