Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan's visit to Alexandria

Discussion in 'Episode 707 - Sing Me a Song' started by marcusg, Dec 7, 2016.

1. marcusg

marcusg New Member

Maybe I'm missing something and I know it's just a show with a lot more story that still needs to be told/showed but this was a great opportunity for the Alexandrians to take out Negan. Seriously, the guy went out there by himself with no bodyguards.

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

He's not there alone. The guys who opened the gate for Rosita were Negan's men.

3. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

None of the Alexandrians have enough balls to take out Negan. Never.

4. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

They are not going to take out Negan. If look at the trailer for the next episode you see his men are there in Alexandria. Rick and the Alexandrians' are not prepared to take out Negan just yet. Rick doesn't even know about the Kingdom = More Manpower or Oceanside = Weapons.

5. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

TheWalkingTaco1 is right. The Saviors came with Negan, he wasn't alone. Plus its time for the first offering. In the next episode trailer and promo shots, you can see David, Gary, Laura, Arat and probably a group of others. Gary was the one who opened the gate at the end.

Also, they didn't kill Negan at the beginning of 7x04 bc they are terrified/distraught and good thing they didn't because the 30 or so men hiding in the trucks/behind the wall would have just slaughtered everyone, no exceptions.

[​IMG]

6. BlackLightning

I think Spencer will try.

7. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

No, he won't. He wants to make a deal and become Negan's bff. A Team Family member takes a shot though.

#7 RicksdaMan, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2016
  8. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

Spencer is going to suck up to Negan so hard. He's been keeping so much stuff bottle up inside and I can't wait to see it all spill out.

9. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

He wants to take him out to tea, wine and dine and maybe a little dancing.

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

When the gate opens for Spencer and Gabriel you can see a line of Savior trucks and all of the armed Saviors there waiting,negan is not alone by any stretch.

The only real mistake he has made is to underestimate Judith who has been training with Jesus and if he were there to utter the trigger phrase,Judith would instantly perform her fathers "Joe" maneuver on negan as she has been taught by Jesus and known to him only as Legend around these parts as described by Carl around the Camp Fire.

Where is Jesus when you really need him?

11. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I think people mean that Negan is alone in the house. By the time the Saviors know he will dead the alexandraisn can lock the gate and hide defensively. If negan is dead there's no gut-wrench reaction to retaliate and the power struggle will begin.

12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Easy for you to say?

If the Saviors are already inside then how can the locals lock the gate and hide?
    The guys with the guns will be locked in there with them!

13. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

They can say Negan is our prisoner. If you attack we will slice his throat. Hostage.

14. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

You think he has the guts to?

15. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

16. BlackLightning

Yes. I do.

As far as I am concerned, it can go one of two ways. Either:

1) Spencer thinks that he has the courage to stand up to Negan and turn the tables on him. When the rubber meets the road, however, Spencer realizes that he doesn't and/or can't and anticlimactically forfeits himself (a forfeiture that may or may not include betraying the entire community)...which will piss Negan off to no end.

2) Spencer thinks that he has the courage to stand up to Negan and turn the tables on him. When the rubber meets the road, Spencer surprises everyone (and himself) by actually doing (or saying, preferably doing) something profound...which will piss Negan off to no end.

I don't think we are dealing with Comic!Spencer. TV!Spencer doesn't want to be a "tremendous _____" whereas Comic!Spencer is astonishingly selfish, cowardly and narcissistic. People who are truly terrible usually aren't too concerned if what they are doing/thinking is sin. Look at Spencer's reaction to Gabriel walking out on him. Regret and self-frustration.

TV!Spencer is a boy in a man's body but he is not wrong about Rick.

Maybe his actions will be light a fire within Rick. Maybe Spencer will publicly say something about Rick's mistakes and/or about Rick's inability to rely on or to work closely people who aren't Daryl.

And let's be honest: Rick has made several big mistakes in leadership. He has a history of poor listening skills. And he has some serious issues (which probably has its origins in the Lori/Shane tragedy) trusting people - especially people who have made it clear that they are not enemies.

How can Rick expect Ezekiel and Natania to entrust him with the livelihood and the future of their communities when it's clear that Rick doesn't trust them?

So, it should come as no surprise that I am in favor of #2. You can't ask for a better 7A close that will lead into mobilization and alliance-crafting of 7B.

What Spencer did in the comics was both heinous and ridiculous. It was out-of-character for Rick, Andrea (especially Andrea) and the rest of the community to react the way he did.

17. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

The Alexandrians are weak and always have been. They just stand around and watch themselves being mistreated whether it is wolves, walkers, or Negan.