Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

You Can Look at Their Titties

Discussion in 'Episode 707 - Sing Me a Song' started by Terminator, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Sexism is alive and well in the ZA.

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Actually, it's "you're gonna wanna look at their titties."

Carl is a 14 year old boy. I was once a 14 year old boy. The statement is accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Negan could of asked him how old Carl was. Because I was confused about his statement about Prom. You don't go to Prom when your 14? Unless he thought Carl was older than he really thought? That part kinda confused me. It would help since the actor is aging in real life to hear how old he is in the show.

4. HondaS2kXD

In the comics iirc Carl was about 10 at the time and Negan said "you're what, twelve?" During his speech about how smart Carl was. Carl went to respond but Negan cut him off and said it doesn't matter.

So maybe he's assuming he's older. I think, if anything, the prom statement was supposed to be a dig about his assumed appearances under the bandages.

5. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

Out of all the myriad things that Negan does towards women that is certainly very wrong, you choose this as your example of sexism? Mr. Trump thanks you for the votes. Keep them coming.

6. HondaS2kXD

More to the point, he's a psychopath who brutally murders people while making jokes and puns.

Do do we really need the threads bitching about sexism and fat shaming? It's like a person being pulled from the wreckage of the titanic, and when asked about their experience, they begin with, "my mattress was too hard."

and, on that topic, as a 260lb 5'9 dude, I feel I fall firmly in the fatass category. And as such I feel qualified to say that the fatasses who complain when someone calls them a fatass deserve every bit of it. Negan shouldn't sugarcoat the situation. If he did, they'd eat that too.

#6 HondaS2kXD, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  7. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

When Negan said we can look at the titties I was kinda expecting some titties, but there was a distinct lack of titties.
    Carl should of said " that's great but for one I only got one eye and two there ain't no ****ing titties ! "

#7 DeeLaurean, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I for one was kind of pissed when Negan said that and that Carl didn't take FULL ADVANTAGE of it. If I was a 14 year old ZA Carl, I would have said "Lift dem tops up ladies! Negan's rules!"

Also, why are bringing political commentary into this topic? Jesus, Mary and Joseph.... This is not the Debaters forum. This thread is about titties, so it's technically a masturbater's forum.... Well, it should be.

#8 Jama, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  9. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

^^This. Really, there was only one "Haremette" showing cleavage... The rest were dressed like dowdy housemarms. Not quite the Harem in the comics, but actually a bit more believable. Poor Carl will have to wait a while longer to get him some titties.

10. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

Have we met Many and Joseph yet are they saviours ?

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;MxQnMWAvkgE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxQnMWAvkgE[/video]

12. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

You're not under the impression that slander and defamation laws are going to stop crude sexual talk in the lawless anarchy of TWD world are you?

13. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

You know you're living in an idiotic reality when Negan making comments about **** and fat people are more offensive than Negan brutally murdering and allowing rape.

But that's how it is in SJW land.

OMG -- ****ing hell.... fat jokes and comments about how teenage boys are going to want to look at breasts. What offensive extremism....

14. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

Yes, of all the things that are far more sexist that Negan does you choose to use a crude sexual joke as an example.

[​IMG]

#14 Shane357, Dec 8, 2016
  15. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

After seeing that scene from last week's episode, my mind was firmly made up: I would rather be a Savior like Paula, Michelle, Molly, or Arat (and I'd love to cosplay as a female Savior for the next WalkerStalkerCon I attend)...than to be one of the women in Negan's harem. The only way I'd allow myself to be one of Negan's many wives is if he threatened to kill my boyfriend/husband and family...then I'd readily go into his harem. I say that to ask this: what made some women join the harem, and what made others join his army of Saviors? Food for thought...

#15 ShaneFan, Dec 8, 2016
  16. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Well and the fact that he had Paula in a leadership role shows that he's got an organization that isn't black & white. Then you got to ask philosophically if what you are watching is "sexism"....

Sexual objectification -- yes -- but LGBT people objectify other people they're sexually attracted to because objectification is stimulating to the human mind. In the case of same sex objectification, it certainly then cannot be "sexism" -- it's just plain old objectifying.

In the world of TWD where you need every capable body you've got, I just don't think there's an existence of sexism as they utilize it in the world we live in. You either have enough able bodies to make a community and survive, or you're done. The old rules wouldn't apply.

Still, not going to stop humans from ****ing and objectifying one another sexually -- that goes both ways and sideways.

17. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Brutal murder over and over -- not offensive.

Psychological torment over and over -- not offensive.

"Yo Dwight, it's happy hour at the ***** bar and you're eating for free(rape)" -- went right over their heads.

Holding a harem of manipulated girls under the illusion of free will, but realistically under the duress of killing their loves ones(rape) -- over their heads.

Indicating that Olivia can't possibly be not eating well due to her being overweight -- Triggered!!! Fat shaming, no more!

"Titties" -- OMG triggered, sexism, make it stop......

Now which set of things is more obscene in content?

A: The first set

Which set of things takes more intelligence to fully appreciate as obscene and well written villain hood?

A: The first set

18. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

In the comics, the harem wives chose to be wives because they didn't want to work to earn points. Well, other than working on their backs. Considering there were plenty of female Saviors who weren't in the harem, that implied that there probably wasn't a general vibe of "be a wife or suffer the consequences" or else Negan's parlor would contain most every woman in Sanctuary.

As far as how the show sets them up, God only knows. Ever since "The Cell", we've been falling more and more into Creepy Land in that regard and I just kinda throw my hands up in the air, sigh, and bury myself in the comics again.

19. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Like Ron White says "Once I have seen one pair I pretty much want to see all the rest of them too!"

Hardly some sadistic or cruel commentary on negan for once in my world?

If he was indeed a high school coach and his usual audience was kids like Carl it seems entirely in context to me that Carl might like to see them and negan might know that.

Show us the titties Gimple!

20. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I completely agree, Ionut. That's so true that he had Paula in a leadership position. That says a lot right there.

Yes, agreed that it is sexual objectification when Negan made the "titties" comment. It definitely can go both ways: straight people can objectify straight people, men can do it to women, women can do it to men, LGBT can do it to LGBT...

I agree that in TWD world, sexism won't get someone very far at all--you need *everyone* - men and women--to survive..

The only "sexism" I can recall was Ed's comments to Andrea, how he abused Carol. Shane's comments in the beginning of TWD can be construed as sexism or objectification (and ironically, he became my all-time favorite TWD character.) The conversation between Andrea and Lori can be seen as having sexism in it -- "men's work" vs "women's work"...

But yeah--brutal murder, the harem of women, psychological abuse--that's far more concerning than a off-handed comment objectifying women. As a female fan, I didn't get offended. I see it from the lens that it reveals more about Negan's character and it fits his language that he's used thus far.