Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Anyone like cheesy awful horror?

Discussion in 'Horror Discussion' started by kennyisalive94, Jan 20, 2014.

1. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I enjoy those movies from time to time. Halloween Resurrection, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, Jeepers Creepers 2. Films so bad they're good. Sometimes it's like they're really just brilliant films.

2. Zachary P.

Zachary P. Member

Yes, i do. I have a lot of cheesy horror movies. I just can't really name any of them right now.

3. JerseyZombabe

JerseyZombabe Member

Oh yes! I love the really horrible ones. Check out "Thankskilling" and "The Gingerdead Man" Trilogy.

4. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

Ohh, man. I own some that make I Still Know What You Did Last Summer look like Citizen Kane. See if you can find the original Toolbox Murders or Slime City. My cousin and I still randomly quote all the horrible horror films we watched over and over as kids.

5. JerseyZombabe

JerseyZombabe Member

[video=youtube;S-9gAzKSCQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-9gAzKSCQ8[/video]

Clips from Thankskilling, a very bad, very vulgar cheesy movie that s so bad it's just awesome!

Warning it is laden with the F-bomb among other things.

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The best worst movie ever: 'The Land of Doom'

A post-apocalyptic, Mad Max type film filled with horrible acting, continuity errors, German cannibals, a super-villain with an unfortunate lisp, and an ending where suddenly the sand people from the original Star Wars films show up for no apparent reason...

7. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

I must see this!!!!

8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It's hilarious!

9. kennyisalive94

I do want to see. Sounds awesome as hell!

Another movie I bought at Walmart called Zombie Diaries 2 looks pretty so bad it's good, I'll have to wait and see when I watch it.

10. Zachary P.

Zachary P. Member

11. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

OK, I couldn't sleep so I looked up a couple clips. Sorry for the double posts, you can only post a clip per post. These are some classic crap movies...

[video=youtube_share;wycAnWMs_TM]http://youtu.be/wycAnWMs_TM[/video]

This is from Hershall Gordan Lewis. He's the grandfather of "splatter films." He is to spatter what Romero is to Zombies. This movie is pretty much Brigadoon. But it's a Southern Ghost town that comes to life on the 100th anniversary of it's destruction by Northern forces during the Civil War. So the Ghost detour a bunch of Yankees going south on vacation, into their redneck revenge land. Yeah, it's really bad but hilarious.

#11 SFA, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  12. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

This one, I don't even ****ing know. So much is wrong with it. Security robots get reprogrammed because of lighting? Because lighting can do that.

And in a plot twist, horny teenagers happen to be in the mall after hours. But the thing is, these idiots could have escaped in so many ways. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we have to make a movie out of it. Some of these deaths are so amazingly bad.

[video=youtube_share;I95XKH9SRy0]http://youtu.be/I95XKH9SRy0[/video]

13. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

This is one of my personal favorites because it was produced by a master of Italian horror, Dario Argento. Sadly, Argento was missing his own marks in the early 80's himself. So we got Demons....

This is the AWESOME and always funny street bike hero with a samurai sword, ****ing wasting the undead like it's nothing.
    http://youtu.be/DYA0s48ICPo

14. kennyisalive94

Lol @ those videos

15. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

My bro and I just started watching this: http://www.amazon.com/Collection-Sn...5&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=Val Newton collection

We love the original Cat People. I think we can all agree that it is genius.

We watched I Walked with a Zombie which is an interesting watch. Not quite the classic that I hoped for but has some very effective scenes.

We watched Isle of the Dead which was the strangest thing to watch and made us want to throw our shoes at the tv. Boris Karloff is at his theatrical campiest in this film and we were left thinking "who thought this shit up and why were they allowed to make a movie of it?"

An interesting thing watching B&W movies made in the 30's. So many horror movie tropes invented there and just endlessly recycled by Hollywood. Unfortunately it makes watching these classic horror movies a bit predictable because they invented the jump scare so we know exactly what's coming.

16. steely

steely Well-Known Member

I love all sorts of cheesy horror and sci fi films... i really love Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Rifftrax where those movies are riffed on...

17. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

Giving my age away somewhat but I grew up on Twilight Zone and Fear Theater. "Them" is one I remember best.Been fascinated with ants ever since...[video=youtube_share;q2PLls02gOU]http://youtu.be/q2PLls02gOU[/video]

18. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

Steve McQueen's first leading role...
    [video=youtube_share;TdUsyXQ8Wrs]http://youtu.be/TdUsyXQ8Wrs[/video]

19. Walkindeadchick

Walkindeadchick Well-Known Member

I hate cheesy horror movies,or any cheesy movie,for that matter!I know a lot of people love them,but I just can't take them!

20. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm a huge fan of MST3K, so I definitely have a soft spot for bad movies and the laughs they can bring.