Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shane and Dale in Mob City

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Montyzuma, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

It's nice to see the two of them found work.

2. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Obviously the two actors (along w/Darabont running the ship), realized the chemistry they have playing off each other. Should be fun to watch...

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Find work? They were working a very long time before TWD....

Besides, it's Darabont. He always reuses his actors. DeMunn(Dale) has been in all of his films, starting with The Blob in the 80's. Mob City also has Jim from TWD and the girl from The Mist(can't think of her name now).

Anyway, you'll continue to see these actors in Darabont's work for years and years to come.

4. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

For those who haven't watched it yet, you'll not believe how much younger Jeffrey DeMunn looks. I mean I can't believe just shaving that beard off took him back to his old Majestic days :zombies_lol:

5. BringBackShane

I love Shane and Dale's chemistry. They just work good together.

6. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

Both of these men are brilliant actors and they have a very wide range of portraying the affecting character. I'm going to give the show a chance, but it really reminds me of Boardwalk Empire. Seems like there are some ideas that just gain popularity and are copied by many others...but I'm going to check it out.

7. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

He scrubs up well doesn't he..

Jon & Jeffrey were both convincing in the first episodes, can't wait for the next episode!

8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Mob city is based on a true story with the real names of people involved..

I haven't seen boardwalk empire, I don't know a lot about it..

9. walkerbait74

OMG...I LOVE Boardwalk Empire! Unfortunately the season just ended on HBO, it was amazing! They also have real names, Al Capone, Charlie "Lucky" Luciano, Arnold Rothstein, and Johnny Torrio, to name a few. Steve Buscemi is the lead actor, he plays Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, his character is based on the real-life Enoch Johnson, who was known as the big time crime boss who ran Atlantic City during the prohibition era. It's all about the mob and the mafia and the powerful men who ran the bootlegging business in the 20's and 30's. I am so addicted to the show...LOL There are some amazing actors and actresses, it's violent, but the writing is brilliant and the show has the same feel to it as TWD, you really get invested in the characters, then someone dies that you really liked, or you really want somebody else to die! LOL It's also in it's 4th season, I don't even know if it's been renewed, I hope.... they left viewers with a couple cliffhangers. It would be worth checking out....I hope I made it sound interesting :Grin:

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's on my to do list of TV shows to watch, I think I watch too many at the moment. Might use Boardwalk Empire catch up to fill in TWD hiatus..

Steve Buscemi & Michael Shannon have me interested in watching this show..

11. walkerbait74

Great! I think you'll get hooked. I've got Breaking Bad on my list....I know I'm probably the last person on the planet to see it :p

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Breaking bad was one of the best TV series I've watched.. The storylines. the attention to detail & when you thought the episode was going in a certain direction, bang, it hit you with something not expected.. You won't regret watching BB..

13. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

I watch Boardwalk Empire too, I hate that they killed off Jimmy and Richard! WHY

14. walkerbait74

I know...that is really bad. I can't believe there isn't a thread here for it in the t.v. section. I would have started one, but it seems kind of late now. I really enjoyed the finale....the writing is so good on that show.