Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[706] Criticisms and Complaints

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by westwingnut, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

With the current political waves of extreme feminism and in some way harsh anti-feminism, it would not suprise me if it was a "chapterhouse" of some TWD cultist feminist. I mean, we had a crazy house of cannibals, right? It would not have suprised me if the old lady was a crazy fem version of Gareth whom instead of eating people, just killed men cause they "caused the zombie apocalypse with their ways".

Mind you this was before I saw the reason to why the men where dead. It sure got you people agitated! :)

2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I mean, would it not in reality, really be interesting with a community exact opposite of Negans courtesan taking, machoman, douchebag community? Polar opposites?

3. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I really don't think TWD will take that route with grouping people based on their gender, ethnicity. It would open up interesting possibilities (for example, a group of white survivors excluding a black survivor or vice versa) for Rick and his group to encounter that type of group... At this point on the show and in the comic, identity differences haven't been an issue because they all need each other to survive. It may come up from time to time, such as Hershel identifying himself as a Christian and Rick identifying himself as atheist or agnostic....but it hasn't been made a major issue so far.

Running into a house of cannibals is different from running into a group of people on the basis of their gender. I mean, maybe you're right--maybe there is some group on the outskirts that's banded together because of color of skin, religion, gender, sexuality, etc. I just don't see that happening. People in TWD are divided for various reasons that have more to do with means of survival.

Yes, it got some of us agitated because it's really a slap in the face (to say the least) when women who are holding their own are assumed to be man-haters. One of my all-time favorite TWD episodes S6E13 "The Same Boat" showed the females of our group -- Maggie and Carol -- fending off against female Saviors who are were just as vicious--if not more so--than their male counterparts. And those women weren't out there on their own (yes, Donny was with them), because they hated men. They were out there holding their own because they could. Why that's assumed or linked to be anti-male is beyond me. Besides, when I see the male characters talking to each other without a female present...I'm not instantly thinking "misogyny! woman-hate!" That's out there just as much as your first post about this before you found out *why* there were no men present.

#23 ShaneFan, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think you missunderstood me a bit and I was a bit to harsh, that I am sorry for. I would probably think the same of a commuity of only men, Joes gang comes to mind. Found it a bit weird at first with Oceanside. Seeing how they where so aggressive, shooting before asking Tara to even come out or stand down, I found it a bit odd. But of course, Negan killing off all the men was a sad story and showed them in a different light. But just seeing a community of one genderfrom the outside. Would be up for questions. Joe had no females in his gang cause he was...well not a kind man towards females and not males either but saw the use in Daryl.

I like TWD since it is so diverse and all characters do their work to contribute ot the gang. All of them can fend for themself and all become important members, women, men, sexual orientations, religious, or not, rich or poor, black or white or whatever else, they are just one big family and that got no meaning as long as they are good people. But most other communities seems a bit fricked up in comparison.

#24 Marc, Nov 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

That's okay. I appreciate you explaining your view more thoroughly. I apologize too for jumping the gun. That's true that Joe and the Claimers for the reasons you mentioned and I had actually forgotten that they were an all male group.

I have to agree that Oceanside was a bit strange at first. The way they shot at Tara without even finding out who she was first. I agree that they were aggressive. Maybe they assumed she was a female Savior spying on them.. The story of how Negan killed all their men was heartbreaking...at the same time it would have been more impactful to have an episode showing how Oceanside came to be, what Negan did to their men, how they escaped etc. As much as I want to be glad that the women were holding their own, I didn't find them interesting or likable at all.

That's so true that our group with its broad diversity is unified and that other groups are really messed up. And yet, those other groups...the Saviors, Wolves, Claimers, Terminants, the Kingdom, Oceanside, and Hilltop are all fighting for survival in their own way.

#25 ShaneFan, Nov 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Thank you! No worries! I was clumsy in how I put it forward from the start!

Yeah, Joe is probably one of the most frightening gangs in the show. Beside that I still think Terminus is the one community that been the most insane of all of them, even worse than Negan since Negan can in a way, be reasoned with, HE wants people alive so they can bring him stuff atleast.

Oh yeah, they where aggressive and a bit to rushed storywise, perhaps 1,5 hour long episode like the one Morgan got would been fiting here. But they do have some interesting characters and I think they might grow or end up in Alexandria if things continue down a darker road of the all out war.

Even with their bad sides! Rick and friends are the heroes of the story in that manner. But all fight to survive! All have their own way! I cannot imagine being in a situation like this myself. It must be taxing on energy and psyche.

7. Kevinw596

Kevinw596 Member

I thought that was a John Michael Montgomery song? Also, when did he sing it? I missed it I guess. It was probably when I was yawning.

8. Kevinw596

Kevinw596 Member

Seriously? I couldn't tell she lost any weight. Maybe some, not much tho.

9. Kevinw596

Kevinw596 Member

Yea, they missed A LOT! I've never seen so many rounds shot at one person without seeing blood. She must be bullet proof. That is the ONLY way the writers could justify this. Unless they say she's Spider-mans daughter and can dodge bullets. I could buy that. It would make more sense.

#29 Kevinw596, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2016
  10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

11. Kevinw596

Kevinw596 Member

Where is my Chicken dinner, if I'm the winner? You better square up punk, I ain't playin' lol. Chicken rules!

#31 Kevinw596, Nov 28, 2016
  12. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty yummy!

13. Kevinw596

Kevinw596 Member

So does Ramon noodles. lol

14. TheSlayingTaco1

Yussssssss! I rather eat that than thanksgiving leftovers.

15. Kevinw596

Kevinw596 Member

I'm thinking that Carol needs to come back and put that little girl in her place. That girl wants to kill people, and you know how Carol feels about that type of stuff. BANG! nighty night, please don't bleed on the pretty flowers.

16. Kevinw596

Kevinw596 Member

Well I don't know about that. I'm still tearing up a pecan pie.
    lol

17. Kevinw596

Kevinw596 Member

No, it's a group of nasty looking women that survive together with no men around. That's why the granddaughter is doing everything she can to get away from them. They stink really bad! Tara risked dying to get away from those women loving cougars, and I trust Tara, even tho she lies a lot. She knows that even tho she likes snootchie, there is NO WAY She could deal with all that nastiness. I don't know. Maybe she just wanted to get home. Could be either way I guess. lol

#37 Kevinw596, Nov 28, 2016
  18. TheSlayingTaco1

Oh yes. We have some pecan pie and strawberry shortcake leftover. I'm getting the last pieces!

19. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Oh I was thinking of the old prison sisters when she aimed the gun at Tara! That be awesome to see Carol become the Matriarch of these women! But she probably end up being The Queen of The Kingdom :)

20. Kevinw596

Kevinw596 Member

Huh? I don't remember that. I've seen them all!