Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[708] Let Your Heart Beat w/ Praise & Positivity

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by GrungeMan, Dec 10, 2016.

1. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

This episode looks like it's going to be another fantastic episode, especially coming off of last week's great episode.
    [MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION] I would like to request a thread sticky =) *Thank you!*

2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

This episode had a lot of guts. And lemonade too.

3. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

Turns out Spencer had guts.... messy ones too.

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh yay, we are going to start playing this game in the praise thread!!

Okay, here goes.....

JESUS!!!!

EDIT: Sadly after watching the episode my hopes and dreams of seeing a great deal of Jesus did not come to fruition. While the episode is still praise worthy I am going to be required to deduct points in the rate the damn episode thread due to Jesus in absentia

#4 Dnae, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  5. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Carl!!!!!!! Lucille and Negan is shaved!

#5 TheSlayingTaco1, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  6. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

SJW stands for Sweet Jesus Warriors! Praise be!

7. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

This will be a damn good episode.

8. Aquatic Nuggets

Hearts Still Beating wasn't a perfect hour, but was a showcase of what this show can be when it gets out of it's own head and sticks to doing what it does best. This season did not start off the way I imagine anyone would've wanted it to, and even though the "one episode, one story, one place" dynamic worked just swell for "The Well" and "The Cell", and maybe even "Go Getters" but I think we can all agree that for everything else, each episode could've used a little more scope and perspective. This MSF was a return to form for a show performing an experiment that didn't go over so well. Negan was played straight and very well (although that beard will be sorely missed), and there was a sense of dread, excitement, and - finally - forward, propulsive movement that's been absent from this show all season long. Maybe it was some of the lines. Maybe it was that the title wasn't awkwardly shoehorned in like it usually is. Maybe it was seeing Rick finally understand what it was time to do. Maybe it was the tease of that guy with the boots. Hell, maybe it was those last few shots at the end showing everyone together again, finally, with that damn triumphant music playing alongside. Or maybe this was all just really good stuff.

Regardless of what it was, when it comes to this show, I think we've finally moved out of the era of repetitive, claustrophobic, stalling, gimmicky television and into something well worth watching again.

And at the very least, it was better than Start to Finish and Coda lmao

9. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I wanted to wait until a second viewing to post, but I am too excited at how this all turned out.

- Of course, Negan channelling his inner Wizard of Oz and showing Spencer he had guts all along was the primary highlight of the evening. I can't believe I am typing out my agreement with Fr. Gabriel, but that guy WAS a tremendous shit.

- Richonne all day err day. I can't even write out an intelligible point here other than them finally getting on the same page was beautiful. They're at their best when they have each other's support.

- Maybe it's the lack of the beard, but Negan really did feel like Negan tonight. All around amazing acting from JDM.

- Daryl and Rick's reunion had me tearing up. This show usually does not satisfy my interest in seeing the characters embrace each other as a family, but tonight's ending finally showed us more of their bond to one another.

- Also, excited for Daryl... After a long disinterest in his meandering about in various arcs, he seems to have had a pretty compelling story this season that I am happy to watch.

- Michonne doing Michonne things was AWESOME. I love how their balancing Andrea's comic arc into Michonne's story while keeping the character authentically true to herself.

- Not a huge Rosita fan.. or Fr. Gabriel.. But the scene they shared together in his church had the kind of depth that I wish we saw more of in the show.

∞/10

Finally a Mid-season premiere comparable to Too Far Gone (if not better).

10. chabadoo

chabadoo New Member

Both are usually not the strongest actors, but Christian Serratos really made a leap forward. She is getting better and better and is in the top 5 this season so far. Seth Gilliam had very strong moments in this season, but still is one of the weaker actors.

What bothers me: I still don't like the way Josh McDermitt interprets the Eugene role. That is sad. He has proven to be a versatile actor or would you know who he played in Mad Men?

11. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

What a fantastic episode to send us off for the mid season break. The next two months better go fast!

12. batongal

batongal Active Member

Nice Midseason finale. So happy Daryl escaped. Loved him flipping Dwight's chess table over and grabbing his hat. Little bit of payback.
    Jesus fits in nice with the group and glad he's loyal to them.
    How great is the 2 min scene in the beginning Negan at the dinner table 'I don't know where the hell he is but Lucille, is hungry' and Olivia looks at him and places her hand over Judith's ear. 'Carl, pass the rolls.....Please' I love that scene. Olivia's expressions are great. The psycho version of guess who's coming to dinner.
    Olivia so bravely caring for Judith when she was downright terrified kudos to the actress.
    Wonderful scene Daryl handing Rick back his python. Now Rick has his "Lucille" again.
    And how cute is the new Judith.

13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Can we just talk for a second about Daryl's face in this scene? The way he first nods at Rick and then looks down and starts crying? Not gonna lie this part made me shed a few tears.

[​IMG]

14. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Ugh, for real! If I wasn't so attached to my avi I would make this gif into mine. Oh, Be still my wildly beating heart, #Rickylislife

This reunion scene was on par with the reunion of Rick Daryl and Carol in No Sanctuary- so touching. Thank Goodness D made it out of there finally, that whole storyline of Daryl being kidnapped and tortured was driving me insane, but I guess now we have someone who's been on the inside, as well as Daryl's pain adding fuel to the revenge fire.

This whole episode was amazing. It felt so much more like the old walking dead, although when all the main players were back together, I finally really and truly noticed the loss of Glenn and Abe :'( But I guess Eugene, Carol and Morgan were absent too so the group definitely felt smaller.

I am loving the new bad bitch trifecta of Maggie, Sasha and Enid, and just badass maggie in general. I've never been a huge Maggie fan but I'm excited for her characters development, and I love Sasha so seeing them bff is great.

Anyways, i am pumped about this episode and could go on and on, I think like a lot of people I was losing faith in my favourite show to keep delivering, and was worried that it was just on a permanent decline, as does happen when shows have been running for this many seasons. Faith is restored and now I'm sad to have to wait 2 months for All Out War.

Also- I totally missed that he was in Dwights room. I was pretty stoked that we didn't have to see his stupid face the episode but I guess he still made an appearance in spirit lol.

#14 Hedwig, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  15. Lori39573

Lori39573 New Member

I think with the ratings they quickly realized the fans would tire of the piece by piece episodes.

16. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

What a great episode - so much praise worthy here

- I think, I may have a new second favorite character (after Michonne, she is the best): Aaron. He was just so great in this whole episode: 'I just pretend, I didn't just hear that.' Love him
    - Rick getting his spirits back (and from the preview, he really seems to be set to bring down the Saviors - yay)
    - Daryls escape with Jesus help
    - Rosita and Father Gabriel in the church
    - the scene with Olivia and Tara - poor Olivia, I will miss her
    - the whole scene between Negan and Spencer
    - Carol, Morgan and Richard
    - Rick and Michonne in the basement
    - the reunion at the end: it was so heartbreaking and nice

17. hiddeninside

hiddeninside Member

Just finished watching the episode. It’s late, I have to go to bed. But not without saying the following: YES, FINALLY!

It’s been a sad episode for big parts. But finally, Rick could see there can’t be any peace or freedom as long as Negan exists. Finally, there’s some hope. How they all came together at the Hilltop in the end – I had tears in my eyes. And I still have…

I’m so happy. Good night!

18. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

This was my favorite episode of the season. I'm a sucker for "The team is reunited!" moments. Like many of you, I was getting fed up with the stand-alone episodes that have prolonged shots of pain and grief and fear.

I thought the nod between Sasha and Rosita was a lovely grace note: now, nothing else matters but victory, and victory will only be achieved by unity. It almost felt like they were tacitly honoring Abe's memory by committing to the mission.

It's fascinating to watch Eugene move slowly but steadily toward courage. Everyone else seems naturally, instinctively brave. Not saying that they haven't had to deal with their own fear, but at this point we know that even Gabe will act with courage. I can think of 4 occasions when Eugene battled through his fear: guarding Tara after she had been injured, and refusing to back down to Nicholas; grabbing a machete and giving his all in "No Way Out"; volunteering to drive around in the van to lure the Saviors away; and this episode, when he claimed responsibility. (Oh, the irony of him telling Rosita that she won't be the one to pay for using the bullet; that it'll be someone else.)

Loved Olivia's sweet gesture to Tara (about Denise), and her resolve to fulfill her promise to Rick in watching Judith. I was sad to see her go--she was unexpectedly brave and just a good soul.

And finally, the way that the team instinctively jumps to defend and protect each other; e.g., Tara shouting that she had made the bullet. (I guess courage is the theme of the night for me.)

19. Jay Bonansinga

I'm happy badass Daryl is back. He is going to kill every Savior regardless of who they are. He's over that Beth Shit.

Thank You~Jay