Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[708] Rate the Damn Episode!!

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by Neuropyramidal, Dec 11, 2016.

?

Rate it or forever hold your peace!!

1. 10

27 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. 9

15 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. This episode had a lot of heart.

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. 7

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. 6

4 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Nah, this didn't beat all.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. 2

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  10. Cardiac Arrest!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

This was a 10/10 for me. I had been REALLY depressed since Glenn got killed off, but this episode gave me back some long lost hope.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

To be completely honest I do understand your annoyance. In last night's episode when he started in on his speech to Spencer I got in touch with my inner Janeway, did the eye roll and thought "here we go again".

[​IMG]

His diatribes have become over utilized and therefore ineffective

3. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

10/10 - This episode was plain perfect, there wasn't a single moment wasted (unlike last week). It had me in tears by the end.

Finally! I couldn't take the suspense anymore. Negan is going down so bad he is going to wish he was never born.

Honorary mentions:
    • Spencer's diplomatic approach -- how naive of him. He never understood what a sociopath Negan is and that level-headed diplomacy can never work with him. Negan's weird view of the world, of what he considers "respect" and "honor" -- I had a feeling he wouldn't go with Spencer's slimy attempt to become his next close ally. I truly felt sorry for Spencer when Negan cut him open; nobody deserves that. Negan is a real bastard.
    • Olivia was a cool character, I am going to miss her. I don't like how the writers disposed of her and then had Negan making fun of her weight again.
    • The woman in the car with Michonne. She knew it was too late for her to change and switch sides, but as with everyone Negan has corrupted, you could see the person she used to be still lingering under the surface, hence help Michonne to make the right choice while knowing it meant her own death.
    • Curious to learn who's behind those mysterious boots we saw.
    • Also curious to learn who left Dylan the key.
    • Great scene in the house with Morgan and Carol. That guy is going to play a key role, obviously.
    P.S. The only thing in this episode that bothered me was how Aaron didn't say "That note was left by the previous owner of this stuff!" -- it would only have taken two seconds. Instead he let them beat him up badly. WTH? On the other hand, I believe that any food contained in their loot might have been poisoned by said owner, which of course will help take Negan's men down. ;)

#23 DocCovington, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

This was a damn good episode.

Gave a 9. First for the season. With the conclusion of March to War coming up in the 2nd half....its only going to get better.

5. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Yes this anticipation for them to come back together as one and go after the Saviors is wayyy more exciting than the cliffhanger of who got Lucille'd. I can't wait to see what Rick and Company has in store!!

We do have 2 small cliffhangers, but I am not that concerned with them since we have our the majority (minus Carol and Morgan) back together! Those 2 cliffhangers are...

1. Where is Heath? No mention of him whatsoever.
    2. Who is in those BOOTS!!!

I give this episode a...
    10!

Note:
    Would have deserved a 11 if it had shown some more Jesus.

6. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I gave it a 10 - what a great episode. And I believe, the scenes between Negan and Spencer are right out of the comic?
    There were so many great moments: Rick finding his figthing spirit again, Daryl escapes, Father Gabriel trying to convince Rosita to step down, Richard trying to convince Carol and Morgan (I really like Richard), Aaron being badass in the whole episode, the reunion in the end...and not to forget: Negan making Spaghetti :Grin:

7. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I gave it a 10. This episode held my attention the entire time.

8. Kevinw596

Kevinw596 Member

Haven't seen it yet. I was going to watch it tonight, but why? Everything I should know is here. lol, I'm joking. Lotta good comments tho. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I'll rate in a few hours.

9. KearoJ

KearoJ New Member

I was glad to see Spencer die, Carol & Morgan are really starting to annoy me, kudos to Rosita for taking a shot at Negan, and I've cpme to the realization that the women will have to save everyone from Negan because the men have all apparently lost their will to be men.

10. LilaLurker

LilaLurker New Member

I liked the episode- it's was so nice to end on a hopeful (rather than depressing) note. Our "family" (minus Carol and Morgan) is together again! There were a few things that bothered me (the weird camera work at Spencer's house, Aaron's inability to express himself but the note, etc.) and, at first, I gave the episode an 8. On re-watching it, I give it a 9.

I look forward to 2/12/17 when the show returns! :)

11. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

10/10, incredible episode! It's taken too long for the season to pick up and I'm sad it's now going on break as it has gotten so good, but yeah.. there was enough of a balance between action and narrative which was a really nice change. I'm gutted that Olivia has died though.

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Tactically he should have killed Rosita AND an innocent person to make the point that you fight you die, plus you get someone else killed. But he doesn't want to kill 1/3 of the entire community. He wants as many people working as possible.

And Negan's an opportunist, so it makes perfect sense that he took Eugene instead of killing him. He now has his own bullet maker.

13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

10, and I rarely give out 10's.

Sent from my iPhone using Telepathy.

14. Nebukadnezar

Nebukadnezar New Member

10/10, great season so far.

15. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

4/10.
    Would only watch Negan scenes again and skip the rest.

16. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Damn good episode!!! First of the season I've rated 10/10!
    Almost every minute was exciting television and furthered the plot/story. Minor quibble that Michonne's scenes with the woman in the truck was a little slow, but I get why it was there. Everything at the ASZ was tense, nail biting and just awesome. I was on the edge of my seat while Daryl was escaping, hoping to hell he would make it.

The final scene --- Rick and everyone walking up to the Hilltop, hugging Maggie, Jesus and Daryl walking around the corner! Gah! Just amazing. They're in it now!

17. Jo1978

Jo1978 New Member

10/10. Best episode of the season so far! Loved every second. No filler - every scene seemed to further the plot is some way (even in a small way). And the man hug between Rick and Daryl at the end!! Fist pump time. CANNOT wait for the 2nd half of the season.

18. df219

df219 New Member

Story-wise -- this is the first time I have been angry at Carol. [/QUOTE]

For me, Carol's burnt out, leave me alone attitude is a piece of excellent writing. She wanted the savior to kill her before Morgan shot him and saved her. She doesn't want to be saved anymore. BUT, I'll bet my paycheck that when the groups unite to fight Negan and the saviors, Carol will find the will to fight again out of her love for the group, especially Daryl. I don't think she'll be blowing up any propane tanks with bottle rockets...but she'll do something heroic.

19. df219

df219 New Member

I give it a 9! I think the entire half-season was meant to drain the audience of hope, just like Negan does to everyone under his control. Now finally, the group is back together and hope rushes back in. I loved Spencer's death - he had it coming. Negan isn't a moron, he's just too complacent. He thinks he's untouchable. As soon as he's dead, pretty much all of the saviors will awaken from his spell and quit fighting.

Best line of the half season: "I think you should jump out that window and save me the trouble of killing you." Carl Grimes

I do hope it's Carl who gets to do the deed, for as Negan has said he is "a little badass," and "A serial killer in the making." Haha

20. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

9 for me...I found the reunion at the end quite emotional with the unspoken intent - Rick has been pushed over the edge now and realises they just can't continue to live like this - in Negan's pocket. Loved the shock of Arat randomly killing someone.
    The only part I didn't like was Rosita's unrealistic assassination attempt with the bullet hitting Lucille and then for Negan not to kill her. I think he should have - not because I don't like Rosita but why would he let her live now...just to have another go?? I could just about buy that Aaron wasn't beaten to death.
    Loved the way the tension built in this episode and the interwoven stories.