Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[714] Rate The Slaphappy Clap Bucket!

Discussion in 'Episode 714 - The Other Side' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 19, 2017.

?

Rate it.

1. 10

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. 9

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Oh, nice to see how the other side lives

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. 7

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  5. 6

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  6. 5

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  9. This was like the other side of a muddy dog's ass.

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Just shut up and do it.

2. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

dissapointed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

For me it was a 7 this week. I knew it was the Doctor they were coming to get so I was not worried for Daryl and Maggie. That dumb suicide mission was a dud. The only thing that came out of it I guess was Maggie and Daryl finally talking about Glenn.

4. Phantasm

Phantasm Member

i wont rewatch this one tonight, thats for sure, what a S N O R E F E S T :(

5. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I would have liked it more if the reasoning behind some of their actions made sense. A lot of their actions made absolutely no sense at all to me. It's almost like you could tell the writers were trying to get from point A to point C, so they completely skipped over point B. I may be in the minority, but that's what it felt like to me.

I did enjoy the last couple of Sasha/Rosita scenes. At first, Rosita was being herself again. Which made me do nothing more than irritate me, because I was still waiting on Sasha to check her but it just never happened. But when Rosita actually showed me her old self, I started feeling differently. I was hoping that this episode would remind me of why I fell in love with Rosita in the first place because this season just made me completely forget why I liked her. But her scene with Sasha was well executed and written, so I did enjoy that part.

The last part is probably why I gave it a 6. Sasha went on this mission with a clear-cut, defined plan that wouldn't end in their deaths. Contrary to popular belief, she still didn't strike me as someone who wanted to death. I didn't get that vibe at all from her in this episode, which is why the ending pissed me off because I didn't buy it. Why continue on with this mission once both of them realized how stupid it was to have done this in the first place? Why not just go back home and wait for Rick & everyone else to finish preparing?

Anyway, I'm always turned off by Black people (especially on this show) sacrificing themselves for people who wouldn't sacrifice themselves for them. When T-Dog did it for Carol all the way back in S3, it turned me off then. So, this rubbed me the wrong way for many, many reasons. Sasha telling Rosita that Team Family needs her more fell flat and rang false. I'm sorry, but Rosita is not more of an asset than Sasha is. Rosita suddenly knows how to disarm bombs, but I highly doubt they're gonna come across many bombs so it's a useless skill at this point. There's nothing particularly special about Rosita that other people in this group doesn't have.

I don't know; when characters say things like that in the show, it always feels like the writers are trying to tell me that I should think this way about a character. Basically, it's like what they always do with Carol; they did the same thing with Rosita in this episode. They told me that Rosita can do everything, but they haven't really shown me that. So, that bugged me. I don't like when writers do that. It takes me out of the story completely.

ETA: Also, the Daryl/Maggie scene also knocked a couple of points off because I've grown tired of them never holding Daryl accountable for anything he does. Especially when the narrative and fandom will drag literally anyone else on this show for crap that's not even their fault, but I digress.

• Like Like x 3
  6. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

it moved a few things forward towards the SF but just middle of the road

7. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I liked the episode. I loved simon and Gregory (because really it was just Simon terrifying and manipulating Gregory.) and Rosita and Sasha's assassination bff adventure was better than I thought it would be.

8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I gave it an 8. It was informative, but a tad boring. :oops:

9. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

WHY AREN'T ROSITA AND SASHA DEAD YET?

Most of the WALKERS have more PERSONALITY than these vapid wastes of space. I swear viewers should've earned some sort of medal for somehow staying awake through their scenes.

The only reason why I didn't give this episode a 1 was because Simon and Gregory are friggin awesome. More interesting and fun than the vast majority of Rick's crew and deserve more screen time. All hail the bad guy!

10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The Rosita and Sasha plot to kill Negan is very poor. Sure the whole plan of even going is ridiculous, but then they get there and see Negan come out ONCE from the building and are like, "That's it we have to go in!" What do they think he is a bear and now he's going to hibernate? Real downer after last week's excellent episode. Gimple is also bottling this show to death.

11. batongal

batongal Active Member

Gave it an 8 because I liked the twist on Sacha locking Rosita out. Did not see that coming. Also liked Rosita's backstory however unbelievable it may be. I thought she was ex military lol.

12. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I voted low. The episode was just a little too slow for me. When they cut to commercials, there was no anticipation for it to come back on to see what would happen next. I was not thrilled for the Daryl/Maggie "conversation". It really came across as the "oh ya, we should address Daryl's guilt for being instrumental in Glenn being killed" by the writers. This conversation should have happened weeks ago. Not 3 or 4 episodes later. The Sasha/Rosita mission is obviously foolhardy. Still do not have a clean grasp on why Rosita is so hell bent on killing him in Abe's memory when they acknowledged that she planned to move on anyway and was more pissed that he did it first. In all honesty, the best part of the show was Eugene. His obvious stress and not wanting to be rescued was believable. At this point, we still don't know if he is fully on Negan's side, or in relation to his recent bravery, planning intel for TF and still loyal to Rick. But i liked that scene best. Gregory/Simon? Meh. Enid and Grammar man was amusing. I think she is going to be more important as the show progresses. Girl definitely has balls.

13. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

12/10 (if that was possible) -- I think this might be my new favorite episode.

Great writing, great acting, great camera work. I almost peed my pants from tension and anticipation. ;)

Maggie and Daryl had that important talk at last. The same goes for Sasha and Rosita (anyone else think they would make the sexiest couple on the show? :)).

We finally see things falling into place. Sasha, Rosita and Eugene now in the complex, the doctor as well. I can't wait to see how the story plays out! (I would hate to see Sasha die, she is currently my favorite female character.) Next week, the Kingdom will probably approach Alexandria for a deal to team up, so I guess I will have to wait for another week to learn who it is that Rosita spotted at the end of this week's episode.

Gregory is obviously up to something. Whether it will be betrayal or rather the opposite (which would be a huge surprising twist) remains to be seen.

Jesus is gay, yay! :D There goes my hope for him and Maggie, but at least he would make a nice match for Aaron, I can't stand that whiner Eric (whom I see as a redshirt).

P.S. No, Eugene is not a traitor! I firmly believe he is plotting his own execution of Negan, and now Sasha and Rosita are getting in the way.

#13 DocCovington, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  14. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I gave it a 6. It was a bit slow. Maggie and Daryl hugged it out, Eugene is a potential traitor and Sasha and Rosita are on a suicide mission.

15. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

I was looking forward to this episode but thought it would be better than it was.They still seem to be adding alot of filler even though they addressed a few things.I agree that the Daryl and Maggie convo should of been much sooner and not sure what is up with Daryl and why they haven't had him speak more than 3 lines this entire season, just emotion.
    Liked the Gregory parts and not sure what but I believe that note/pass to the sanctuary Simon gave Gregory is going to mean something later on.
    I at first thought that was Eugene that Rosita saw at the end and she was going to kill him, but then I saw the crossbow. It's Dwight, Daryl saying that was just a fake out.Gave it a 7.

16. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

7. I liked the HIlltop stuff, hated Rosita and Sasha. Not sure why Sasha wanted to go on a suicide mission, didn't make sense to me.

17. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I'm tired of Daryl having nothing to say.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I liked the episode. I might have loved the episode if it had focused maybe 60% on the Hilltop/Rosita/Sasha arc, and 40% back at Alexandria or something, instead of a complete bottle. But I liked it.

I give it an 8.1.

19. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Is it just me or do the characters wait way too long with silence between responding in their conversations? Felt they could have had 10 more mins of scenes if chars didn't take so long to respond to each other. This has been a problem for years in this show

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Rosita/Sasha plot was 100%keystone cops in terms of technique and execution.i understood for the first time tonight how damaged and traumatised the characters are. I didn't trust Rosita not to get Sasha killed or kill Sasha herself. In the end I think Sasha saved Rosita life by shutting the gate but who was that in the shadows...
    Maggie/Daryl was very touching it was great that Glenn was remembered. Daryl has grown so much over the seasons.
    Jesus is gay!!! Apparently.i almost did a double take when he said about "boyfriends" even though there's no reason he can't be. This show makes a good effort at inclusivity and rightly so, all kinds of people will survive the apocalypse.
    Eugene has made his choice, lets see how that plays out. Interesting ep but not ad good as last wk.