Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[714] Rate The Slaphappy Clap Bucket!

Discussion in 'Episode 714 - The Other Side' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 19, 2017.

?

Rate it.

1. 10

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. 9

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Oh, nice to see how the other side lives

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. 7

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  5. 6

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  6. 5

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  9. This was like the other side of a muddy dog's ass.

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I voted an 8. It was ok. I liked the way Jesus was able to come out. The way Enid gave Sasha a whole 2 minutes. And how they are making Eugene look like he is Negan.
    It won't be a memorable episode though.

2. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I give it a 7. It may be a little lenient because I had already read the ratings on here before I watched and it was better than I expected.

Pros: Not really many high points, to be honest. But the story moved.

Cons: Mainly general ones with the plot line. The Rosita Sasha plan is so idiotic it is unrealistic. I hate it when the characters are unrealistically stupid. I do think that Eugene's seeming to like the new power he has to be realistic though.

3. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

The days of this show are numbered. It is getting really boring. It might make it 2 more seasons.

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

8/10 - the score is only so high because Sasha and Rosita are two of my favourite characters, so I enjoyed seeing them for an entire episode. But.. come on... I've been kinda disappointed with this season as a whole. I wish this episode had been earlier.

5. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Pros: Jesus said b/fs

This is rare - we got a bit of info about Rosita and Jesus personal lives. WOW!!!

I fuc*ing love Simon during that 'why do we need two Doctors scene)

I love Gregory

Loved Sasha and Rosita conversation

Cons: How many times do I have to hear Sasha's speech about protecting Maggie?

Thanks to Negan and that Kirkman fellow we'll never see the two Carson brothers interact in the comics or tv show.

Overall, this episode was dead in water. I gave it a 6 because it had Sasha, Rosita, Simon & Gregory in it.

6. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I gave it a 7.
    Like many here, I didn't like the Sasha/Rosita plot. I don't buy the 'Rosita is more important than Sasha'- nonsense. Rosita is a liability at the moment.
    Maybe the writers need some more people in the compound, but I think, there would have been a bit more intelligent ways to accomplish that.
    I liked most of the rest - especially the talk between Maggie and Daryl, Enide and Jesus and the poor doctor when he finds out, that his brother died.

7. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

This.
    Simon is my favorite character at the moment. They should shift the focus from Ricks group on Negan and Simon ONLY.

8. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I gave it an 8. Buildup to the actual season ender showdown can slow an episode down (as I think it did with this one, somewhat) but overall the interactions were pretty good. Maggie and Daryl, that scene between the two of them was needed, though I felt it could have been better written from an emotional standpoint...and dammit, give Daryl some emotion again, beyond his morose hangdog whimper! Let him cry out and go ape-pucks, send him out to kill a few hundred walkers along the way, but stop milking the whole "I did an awful thing, I must mope for all of eternity" vibe. (Yeah, you, writers...)

lol...I did laugh though when Maggie had to stop Daryl from leaping out at the Saviour with his knife when they were hiding, as his action would have had the same consequence - but perhaps on an even larger scale - as it did when Glenn was killed. He'd have been repeating the same mistake again, even whilst still regretting his first one.

My favourite part of this episode was the whole Simon/Gregory song and dance. And I don't know why, but Simon is quickly becoming a favourite character to me. I'm hoping that when all is said and done at the end of the upcoming blood fest, he will be a survivor...though I know the likelihood of that happening will be low. I won't be holding my breath.

All told though, I did enjoy watching this one. Can't wait until next Sunday. ;)