Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[716] Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Ep. 716 - The First Day of the Rest of Your Life' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

When did Michonne forget how to fight? Come on she's a warrior she damaged the guvnor yet we are sposed to believe this one puny chick could pin her down. Nope I'm not buying it just so we could see how distraught rick and Carl were when they thought she was thrown off the roof? We already know they love her, there have been how many seasons of build up?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ravynsea

ravynsea New Member

I dont get why Rick trusted those garbage people either. Hes loosing his leadership "smarts".
    ...and seeing Michone loose so badly definitely wasn't the norm for her. I think that blond chick hit her head on the pavement a few too many times from the start.
    At least Michone wasnt the one thrown off the roof.

3. Ruark

Ruark Member

I would beg on my knees for them to improve their fight scenes. They look like they were staged by a bunch of 8 year olds. People standing out in the open, holding down the triggers on full automatics (where do they get all these full-auto machine guns???), firing thousands and thousands of rounds without reloading and STILL not hitting their opponents, who are just 10 feet away doing the same thing.

4. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

Going to quote my post from the Rate it! thread again:

I'm giving it a 5/10.

The only reason this episode scored any points at all in my book was for the Sasha scenes (including the ones with Abraham), which were plain wonderful. At first we were wondering what those scenes in the dark with the MP3 player and the motor noise were all about, then we learnt the sad truth. I can't believe she's gone, she had become a favorite of mine during this season. :( What a waste.

Glad to see that Dwight didn't betray Daryl's trust. He didn't know what Negan had planned and that the junkyard creeps were on Negan's side. (Raise your hand if that betrayal truly surprised you. No one? I wonder why that is...) Nice detail about him leaving a "note" to Daryl by the gate. Can't wait to see how Dwight will put his promise to assist Rick into action.

I was majorly disappointed to discover last week that Eugene had indeed succumbed to the role of Negan's lackey. Either the director was misleading us, or the writers changed their mind or simply didn't tell Josh McDermott in advance about his character's direction, because he sure as hell did play it like he was just pretending in order to get Negan to fully trust him. Badly done either way and very aggrevating.

The cheesy final scenes were sweet in a way, but more than that they were leaving me disappointed, because I had expected more. Now not only do we have to wait half a year for the story to progress, we also are left with the prospect of a full season build around a war. (insert a long yawn here) I had hoped for more, for some kind of closure to the Negan chapter. Even more so, I had hoped for several charaters to plot their own schemes of killing Negan and for one of them to succeed. Now I feel betrayed by the writers like I did when I watched the final season of "Lost" (anyone remember that crap?).

#24 DocCovington, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  5. BlackNoise

BlackNoise Member

I don't care about Sasha or her stupid love affair with Abe. I really don't care about it when things are finally getting tense. I don't know what the writers are doing with this show. It's like they're intentionally just wasting time. They spent so much time telegraphing what Sasha was going to do and it was unnecessary and annoying.

I HATE the garbage people. It doesn't even make sense why they all walk, talk, and act the same way. I actually wish someone would explain what is going on there. Why are they like that? It legit made me angry when Rick smiled and made a deal with them. They don't seem to care about anything. I'm gonna stop talking about them because it makes me more upset than it should.

Michonne got her ass kicked. Made me feel the same way I felt when Rick got his faced destroyed by the Governor. What the **** are you doing letting them beat you up? How did you let that happen? What is making the writers come up with this shit? Michonne is tougher than that. It just didn't make any sense. Think about who Michonne is as a character. Now think about what she was fighting for and what she could lose. Now watch her get her face turned into pulp by a random garbage paiI kid. I hated that part!

Shoot Negan you dummies! Why was nobody focusing on Negan? Kill him and kill that garbage lady.

Tiger, ya blew it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Not enough Glenn. Lazy writing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DeFluxx

DeFluxx New Member

What an incredibly disappointing season, and completely empty finale. The show has officially “jumped the tiger”.

There were so many problems with this season, I don’t know where to begin. Killing off of 2 fan favorites, completely fracturing the core group, showing a different location each episode and going nowhere. Introducing a group of, essentially, alines with absolutely no back story who “surprisingly” betray Rick’s group.

Its been, what, 2-3 years inside the show since the downfall of civilization. Why is there a group of “garbage pail kids” that are basically something out of Mad Max? They don’t even speak “human”!

I’ve completely lost all emotional attachment to anyone in the show. They even destroyed another favorite character of mine, Carol. A once super-bad-ass favorite, to a self-centered in self-pity, now getting her groove back.

I may watch season 8 for complete lack of anything else to watch, but at this point I could take it or leave it. Sad really, it was my favorite show until this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Plasma

Plasma New Member

My complaint is that a major character from Rick's group got killed however no major Negan's group members died. Simon.. should have died.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DeFluxx

DeFluxx New Member

Which "major" character from Rick's group was killed? If you're talking about Sasha, personally, I wouldn't consider her a "major" character, and also, she got herself killed by running off with Rosita to go after Negan. She also kinda saved Rick's group by sacrificing her life and thereby being the catalyst that caused the distraction allowing Rick's group to fight off the Garbage Pail Kids and the Saviors.
    Also, consider that Negan did lose a major member of his group. Dwight is no longer on his side.

10. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

One thing that really bugs me about this season (and season six) is that the writers seem to be so preoccupied with setting up the next 'big moment' that they neglect character continuity and basic logic.

I imagine the writers (and Gimple) sitting 'round a large table, discussing how awesome 'this' or 'that' would be and becoming so intoxicated on all the awesomeness that they start to loose focus of the 'reality' of the show.

The show hasn't been the same for me since the group arrived at Alexandria. I think that's when the show became too self-aware and a little bit 'silly'. Now, it's almost as if we're watching a semi-scripted reality-tv-show, waiting for the next contestant to be evicted. There's a disconnect.

I still like the show and I'll never stop watching but I miss the times during those first five seasons when I really LOVED the show. We occasionally get a glimpse of how the show used to be but those moments are becoming rarer as the show progresses.

Hopefully, season 8 reels in the 'comic-y' feel and tries to be a little more grounded.

11. tommycee

tommycee Member

10% action, 30% bullshit, 60% set up.
    Without the bullshit, you could forgive the writers having a Tarantino complex....
    Just one major flaw, only Quentin Tarantino can do Tarantino.
    The scene where Sasha is getting into the coffin, drags out, the dialogue is strange as Negan speaks to her like a sympathetic best friend, and then silence as she takes what feels like 10 minutes to enter the box and close the scene.
    We dont need 100% action but a 50/50 split is how this show used to operate, and they should go back to that.
    This episode had nothing until the end, then around 5 minutes of battle - which was excellent but only a slither of hope - and then after the battle was another almost 10 minutes of slowness.
    The writers have a lot to answer for and I really hope the next season is better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

Where's Sherry?

13. warhorse78

warhorse78 New Member

Just got done watching the season 6 finale of Games of Thrones, and I really wish TWD had half the story telling as that show has. And as much as I love the fight at the end of TWD, it's pitiful compared to what GOT has going for it. It might be time to get a new team of writers in here, and for God's sake, please get a good cinematographer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Ran off with Heath?

15. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I was excepting/hoping to see at least Simon get killed too. I feel like it would have had a big effect on Negan too, since Simon appears to be his most trusted and faithful right hand man.

16. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

Sherry killed herself after freeing Daryl from his cell.

Heath went on a supply run a few episodes ago and found a new community on the set of 24 Legacy. He has 24 hours to convince the 24 Legacy cast members to join Ricks group in the fight to take down Negan.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

I used to think TWD was an incredible show but then I watched GOT. Now I think TWD is a good show and GOT is an incredible one.

I still like TWD but GOT is in a whole other league.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tommycee

tommycee Member

I have watched and enjoyed most tv shows available. GOT is the only MAJOR series I couldn't get hooked on. I tried 3 times to watch the first season, I get up to episode 6 and my mind wanders so I find something else to watch.
    I'll try again of course, but it just hasnt done it for me. Generally, I'd day I can't watch medieval settings - 300 bored me to death. But if i think about it, I loved Vikings, loved Gladiator and others of the like.
    TWD is a much better universe IMO, but the writing has definitely gone downhill.

19. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Have you seen The Leftovers? Now there is an incredible show.

20. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

I know exactly what you mean. I had the first season of GOT on Bluray for over a year before I watched it. The medieval/fantasy elements really put me off watching the show.

Then one weekend, I made myself watch the first season and a few nights later, I ordered the 1-6 season box set. A little while later, I ordered Telltale's GOT: The Game... Then I ordered the books...

It's safe to say I turned into a bit of a GOT freak. So just be careful if you do decide to try and get back into the show... you could find yourself getting totally hooked (like I did) and we may cross path's at the next GOT convention! :D