Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Anyone else love the intro?

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Inmates' started by elvisgp, Feb 18, 2014.

1. elvisgp

elvisgp Member

The slow motion intro along with Beth's narration on top, all seemed extremely well done to me. I know some people were complaining about Kinney's acting, but it seemed fine to me. I also liked the slow pan up and focus on the birds flying above, I'm sure they symbolize something. Also, the cinematography was great in this intro(and the whole episode). Anyone else like this intro?

#1 elvisgp, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. Mello

Mello Member

Kinney's acting was fine up until she started to cry.

3. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

I loved it! The openning scenes for season 4 have been amazing so far. The sounds they use too, really good. It grabs you quick. I wasn't sure when I heard about Beth narrating, but now I wouldn't have it any other way.

4. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wasn't so sure when I read the spoiler about Beth's narrative, but I liked it. I'm glad it was a lot her thoughts from S3, which is a great contrast to her current situation. The vulture imagery was key, too.

5. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I thought her line reading was pretty bad. Which is a shame because it was otherwise a good juxtaposition.

6. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

The birds (Vultures most likely) circling overhead symbolize death or dying and decay. Which is pretty much what is going on down below.

I liked the intro and thought it was shot really well too. Beth's acting isn't perfect, but certainly not the worst I've ever seen IMO.

7. jjoseph824

jjoseph824 New Member

awful awful intro. emily kinney is a terrible actress.

8. elvisgp

elvisgp Member

Hyperbole much? She's not that bad at all. But judging on your posts, it seems all you do is hate. So there's no use in arguing with you.

#8 elvisgp, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It was okay. Strong scene.

That title goes to the woman that played Jacqui.

10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Her acting really doesn't even matter for that. She's just talking normally. Nothing was wrong.

I liked it a lot. Nice contrast.

11. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

Yeah bad acting when she was crying... but TWD has a lot of bad crying scenes lol.
    She stands up straight when she was crying with her hands by her side? I don't know if she was told to do that but maybe at least but your hands to your mouth or crouch down or something instead of standing their awkwardly...

12. The1WhoKnocks

The1WhoKnocks Active Member

IMO it was awful..... Midway through her monologue, I kept checking my watch while thinking to myself, 'how much more of this s**t do I have to listen to...!?' Nothing against EK/Beth, I just didn't care for the intro.

13. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

Unlike Blade Runner, the show would be better without the voice over.

14. Firewallcano

Firewallcano Member

Yeah I really liked it. It was the only real part of the Beth/Daryl part I felt had to be in the episode

15. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Oh come on now! Cut Jacqui some slack, she really shined in that scene when she gave Merle the finger on the rooftop in Atlanta! LOL:zombies_lol:

16. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Yep, definitely from IMDB. Two Posts andone is bashing the Show, the other is criticizing Kinney.

17. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

TWD's had some great crying Scenes actually. She's not a strong actress but definiteyl not horrible either like she's made out to be. TWD just has a lot of ugly crying Scenes, all of them are acted well. Though the weakest in my opinion was AL at 3x04 "The Killer Within".

18. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

As I mentioned before, intro was pretty much good. One of the best in Season 4. Really loved how they did the whole thing with Beth as a narrator, a couple of seconds of slow motion shots, McCreary's dark background track (great as always), and the end of intro was also filmed well (birds circling overhead). Director of photography did a good job.

19. Shadow

Shadow Member

Never thought I was going to say this, but I loved it. Daryl and Beth are not my favorite characters at all, so I was surprised I liked their bit of the episode so much. I liked the contrast between Beth's narrating and what we saw, the beginning and the end of the prison in one scene. Her narrating sounded hopeful, while what we saw was the opposite. I really liked it.

20. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

Yeah the whole slow mo thing was rad!!