Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Basic Security Protocols FFS!

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - Too Far Gone' started by JulieVA, Dec 2, 2013.

1. JulieVA

JulieVA Member

Why was it is possible for a tank and several other vehicles to sneak up on the prison? NO ONE was watching the perimeter. That's why.Why was it possible for someone to die in the shower and cause a zombie outbreak within the prison walls?NO patrols. That's why.What other stupid security errors would you avoid in the zombie apocalypse.

2. Medicineman

Medicineman Member

Wasn't the rest of the group already outside when Rick, Daryl, and Tyrese stepped out? I mean, sure, someone could've ran in to tell them but would it really have made a difference? Rick would've only just seen the cars and tank park in front of the gates as it shoots its warning shot at one of the guard towers.

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It's.Fiction. Not everything happens as it would in real life. FFS!Besides, what would it have changed if Maggie or Daryl were on watch? What difference would it have made? They were unprepared for a surprise attack either way.

4. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

If they were in the guard towers, the tank would have BBQ'd them either way. Unless the group magically has an arsenal of rocket launchers, having a security perimeter won't do shit against the army.Did you see how much of the guard tower was blown off after Mitch fired a warning shot? It did more damage than Martinez using his grenade launcher back in the S3 finale.Whether or not Rick's group handles things poorly, people are like that in real life. It would be a bit unrealistic if the whole group is perfect at everything.

5. JulieVA

JulieVA Member

Why discuss anything then?

6. JulieVA

JulieVA Member

True, but it's just a bit nerve racking how lax they are with the look out duty.

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Where did I say there was anything wrong with discussing things? It's just that some criticisms, like this, nitpick at things that aren't really relevant and likely wouldn't have changed the outcome lol.

8. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

How does Michonne and Daryl still live and Breath after touching their wounds in Seasons 2 and 3 with Zombie blood on their Hands? Because it's a tv Show!!!

9. JulieVA

JulieVA Member

Each of us brings up what we think is relevant.

You're not the decider of what is relevant. None of us are. When I see discussions that don't make sense to me, I don't criticize the person for starting the discussion and I don't criticize the discussion.

If we were all limited to discussing what you thought was relevant, these forums wouldn't be as active.

10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

A basic safety measure in dangerous situations is to always have at least 2 people. Never separate from your "buddy". For instance when they went into the store they split up individually or Rick going outside of prison alone to check snares. Also be constantly aware of surroundings. Herschel and Michonne were focused on burning bodies. At least one person show be constantly scanning surroundings if someone else is preoccupied with job.

11. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

It's a dramatic television show, these things happen to further the plot. It's not a survivalist's wet dream where everything is meticulously planned out and perfect.

12. Kevin A. Dixon

Kevin A. Dixon New Member

Honestly I think Woodberry was pretty well laid out. They had walls(with guards[not just one or two lovebirds]), roaming patrols, long range, short range and cqc weaponry equipped. After taking out the military, even though immoral, they had assault vehicles and, as much as I hate to say it, a strong leader. Although TG was demented, annoying and an extreme asshole he did keep his people safe. That is until Rick and his Spec. Ops. arrived to show every weakness in security they had. Their fortifications were meant to keep out walkers/biters not intelligent humans with an objective to save one of their own. Even though Rick and Daryl disabled the security measures, it wasn't long before the whole town was aware of intruders.

As for the prison, we have had many conversations at work about why there was no scouts, roaming patrols, alarm system and most importantly they had no fortification. They didn't spend any time building the entry way for an attack. They should have used some of those steel tables to create cover points, that bridge should have been fortified to create a higher point of view for maybe a sniper or long range rifle. TG should have never been able to get that close without someone in the guard tower or the roof noticing him. I don't mean just with the tank, I mean any of the times he was stalking their new home. Just like when the walkers broke down the fence, someone in the tower or the rooftop should have noticed. Hell even Morgan, who was ALONE, noticed when Rick came to close to his shelter. A group of people inside a concrete/steel prison should have utilized more of their time and energy preparing for anything i.e. walker horde, group attack, TG, etc...

13. Kevin A. Dixon

Kevin A. Dixon New Member

And lastly, after they spent all that time killing the walker guards with the bullet proof vests, why didn't any of Rick's group utilize the vests and ballistic headgear? I mean every time they went outside the fence, they should have had a vest and helmet on.

14. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

They have been safe for quite some time (except the sickness) and they thought the security check wasn't needed.

15. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

You don't think Daryl would have mentioned the 1000+ walkers they ran from and suggested that maybe keeping a lookout for the herd would be a good idea?

16. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

Nope, would make too much sense.

17. JulieVA

JulieVA Member

Agreed.

The shower death to prison zombie outbreak incident would have never happened if there were two person roving patrols in the prison and / or a requirement to slide your cell door shut when you go to sleep at night.

18. Morgotha

Yep. It's not like Rick would have asked why they didn't come home in the car they left in or anything... They're all post-ZA bad@sses though, the first megaherd of walkers they've ever seen coming their way? Nothing to interrupt dinner for!

19. Morgotha

that roping your door shut is something I definitely think they should have done, especially taking in all the old folks from Woodbury that you don't know the health histories on. As far as nighttime patrols inside? They might not have enough people to think it worthwhile, which I could understand, but tying your door shut? That's a no-brainer.

20. JulieVA

JulieVA Member

Great assessment.
    I also wonder why the entire prison was not eventually cleared... But at least they had an evac plan.