Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl bite theory

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Jamiebhoy, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Jamiebhoy

Jamiebhoy New Member

New to the site so excuse if this has been covered. I think Carl's bite has come from a whisperer trying to fight him off as he rescued the new guy. Ezekiel alluded to them a few episodes back. There , that's my tuppence worth lol !

2. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

I also suggested this is one of the things they could do in order to explain the bite AND save Carl. I personally like this idea, even if it's just a rogue Whisperer and the group doesn't encounter them for a couple more seasons, leaving everyone to wonder why Carl didn't turn and then putting it all together when later down the line they meet the Whisperers. It would keep Carl alive, throw some mystery into the mix, and it wouldn't make me as a viewer mad at all. Just my opinion.

3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

How did Ezekiel allude to them? That part must have gone by me;I didnt notice it.

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

This would mean they will actually wait to see if he turns rather than put him down ahead of time, which they wouldn't do.

Also, Chandler was fired. Period. The end. LOL

Also, welcome to the forum!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Reina

Reina Active Member

I've heard some humdingers lately the "Carl was bitten by a walker with dentures" made my day.

Your theory would be great, but I thought Gimple and Chandler both said Carl was done.

One of my besties said Carl is immune, either survives or dies, but Morgan flies a sample of Carl's blood to Texas for analysis.

I have no the theories on the matter. I'm just leaving the whole show in Gimples hands and cringing that he knows better than we do.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

I personally won't be mad if they have it so Carl lives, I'd be shocked they could pull one like this over on us though lol. I think Carl still has a lot of story left so I feel he needs to stay. Plus him not dying would through a real loop/mystery into everything else that's going on. But if he does die, I'm pissed off but I'll accept it, as with some of the other incredibly painful deaths we've seen (though this being the worst I'd say by far). Either way, I just hope they really thought this out and know what they are doing from here on out, they have a lot of frustrated and annoyed fans to appease.

7. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

I don’t think anyone should be immune. The ZA should be incurable, and immunity would lead to a cure.

Not a fan of the Whisperers theory either. They don’t bite people, they hide among the walkers and silently, suddenly attack with knives. If they started their story that way, I think it would ruin the scariness of the group.

While I would not have killed Carl, now that they’ve had him bit, I’d rather they just move forward with the story and not backpedal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Honestly I didn’t think I’d be this upset over Carl (a few seasons ago I wouldn’t have)... but I feel like they killed off the future by killing him... not that there aren’t other kids but I really couldn’t believe they would take him out... shock factor could have come in a number of other ways...

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

@PepperAnn and I discussed this at great length this weekend and we have agreed on this theory:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The Carl is alive contingent......
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Can we start a Team Reality? And how about a Team LetDeadPeopleRestandStopTryingToBringThemBack"?

Ya it sucks that they wrote him off. But its done. So lets see where it takes us. After the initial bitchfest on Gimple and his stupid ideas I thought about the after effects of this decision. And in all honesty, im interested to see where it goes. Michonne looked absolutely devastated at seeing that bite. This would be the 2nd child she lost. Rick's facial expression i can only describe as disbelief. And then the ripple effect to the others. This could play out to be a good thing and ressurrect this show.

Even if it doesn't, what's done is done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

I'm hoping we see a surprise that none of us saw coming.
    Carl tells Rick that he won't let him be the one to put him down. Instead, Carl tells Rick he can end all of this and ensure that Negan doesn't find Rick.
    Carl would venture outside and hand himself over to Negan, at this point Carl hasn't turned and Negan is unaware of the bite. Rather than Negan kill Carl immediately he uses him as bait to lure Rick out. Except Rick isn't moving. Seeing an opportunity Carl bites Negan (before Carl has even turned). Negan, true to his role, curses and insults Carl. Knowing that his fate is sealed Carl is defiant, taunting Negan, telling him that we are all infected, we all carry it, he then uses the same words Rick used "i'm going to kill you, not today, not tomorrow, but i'm going to kill you". Its at this point that Negan kills Carl.
    What transpires is Negan becomes the first victim of a bite inflicted by a human that has been bitten but has yet to turn.
    This hasn't happened in the show or any other zombie story but may be a surprise twist that no one has expected. If everyone carries the virus but its only transmitted from someone who has been bitten then could a bite from an as yet not turned human still, effectively turn someone else?

13. Sparticus

Sparticus New Member

Carl is a goner... no more of him running off on idiotic adventures and rick yelling "Wheres Carl!?"