Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Could Sasha have been more effective kamikazing herself, alive, out of the coffin?

Discussion in 'Ep. 716 - The First Day of the Rest of Your Life' started by Spidey, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I wonder, if sasha just used the headphone wire and the ipod to throw at negan's face, then in the confusion bite him in the neck, she would have done it easily as you can see how surprised he was. He may have killed her right then but he would have been as good as dead as well as well from the injuries, or at the very least forced the savior's to retreat immediately to treat him. Do you think this would have been a better plan then relying on a slow walker version of herself killing him? I personally would have gone that route. If your'e worried you'l be used as a hostage, I'd take the pill right before they open the coffin to ensure i was going to die later so nobody could use me as leverage.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Cartman

Cartman New Member

I thought the same thing, what exactly was her plan? Become a "dangerous" mindless zombie? She'd be more dangerous as a human wouldn't she? And yet, in keeping with the cheesiness of this episode, she was an extremely dangerous zombie, almost taking out Negan, and managing to kill at least one Savior. She was a badass woman, and then a badass zombie naturally. So darn cheesy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I suppose Sasha could pull a MacGyver and somehow perhaps breaks up the ipod and sharpening some parts as a knife to kill Negan. Or, if she has a Samsung Note 7, it would be even better.
    Another plan might be pulling a Rick Grimes' biting the neck of claimer Joe. This might need a little skill to bite exactly the neck artery.

I think Sasha wants to make sure that when she comes out of the coffin, she is a dead person. She does not intend to harm Negan as a walker. If as a walker, she gives a bite to Negan, then this is just an unplanned bonus. She swallows the pill (not just before coming out) well ahead of time so that she could not be used as a leverage as Negan made it clear to her that she will be used to force Rick to stand down. If so, then her friends would not have a chance to fight at all.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Based on Negan's track record, if she had tried, he would have killed someone else instead of her.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cartman

Cartman New Member

The funny thing is though, after Sasha is dead, she has no control over anything that happens. What if somehow Rick or someone else was able to rescue her or kill the Saviors first? It's possible. What would their reward be when they open the coffin? That's right, a bite-of-death from Zombie Sasha. Regardless, the show truly went too far in the cheese department when they made Sasha an especially unstoppable badass zombie...

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Sasha knows Eugene knows she will take the pill. So, Eugene is the only person to act as a safety in case Rick is the first person to open the coffin. Sasha counts on Eugene to tip Rick off, I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Cartman

Cartman New Member

Good point. Although, counting on a sniveling worm like Eugene for anything is a big gamble in itself. He'd be like, "Now Rick, I'd very much like to propose a suggestion for your consideration at this present occasion, that perhaps opening this coffin at this juncture may not be an advisable course of action for the very reason that...." And by the time he finished his sentence Rick/other ally would already be dead. lol

#7 Cartman, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

Eugene would have warned Rick, I'm sure of it. He might have joined the saviors, because he feels saver there, but he still likes his old gang. The way, he talked to Sasha made that clear.
    And Sashas wish was not to kill Negan as a zombie, but to remove herself from the picture, so that Negan can't use her against RIck & Co. And that worked better than she planned.
    I think, her first plan was to kill Negan in that cell, if Eugene would have brought her a weapon for it, but when he came back with the poison, she changed her mind and killed herself to not be of use to Negan.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

How does that change if she's a walker though? He's still going to kill someone for what Ricks' been had been planning. The only reason he didn't is because as a walker she was enough of a distraction to help Alexandria but I'm saying as a human, with an ipod and headphone wires and her bare hands, is still more effective at fighting Negan than a walker is.

Like I said, if she took the pill right before the coffin was opened would be her contingency if she failed, as she can yell to Rick what she did and that she's going to die in moments, so they wouldn't give in to negan to save her life at that point.

10. HondaS2kXD

Not really much point in punishing a dead person.

11. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Ermmm. What would Sasha use to kamikaze herself out of the coffin? She had no weapons of any kind. Yeah she could have leaped out as soon as it was open and jump Negan, but I don't see that having much effect. Even if she managed to knock him to the ground his compatriots would have dragged her off of him.

As I see it the only way she had to maybe make a difference is to do exactly what she did. Come out as a zombie. Even if Negan had chosen one of his lieutenants to open the coffin instead of himself, the mere surprise would have done the same thing. Thrown everyone off balance for a few seconds and give Rick and company a chance to turn the tide.

12. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

She could leap out just like the walker version of herself did and bite him on the neck. Walkers are slow, even if Negan was surprised, the human version of sasha would have been THAT much faster at trying to bite his neck.

Walker sasha was able to kill his 'compatriots' so why couldn't human sasha?

People are giving walkers too much credit here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steppin' Razor

Hahahaha, that's great

• Like Like x 1
  14. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Except she had no idea of Negan's exact plan. He could have decided to make a grand show of the coffin, standing quite far away, and ask one of his henchmen (or perhaps even Eugene) to open it for the unveiling. Then how would Sasha's plan of attacking him have gone?

Nah, I agree with fylimar's post...Sasha was originally planning on taking Negan out while still being held in the cell at the Sanctuary, but when Eugene produced a poison instead of a weapon, she opted to take the poison herself in order to make sure Negan had one less bargaining tool. While she couldn't control what Negan would do to anyone in her group, at the very least, she was able to remove herself so Negan couldn't use her to coerce Rick.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

She could have stay alive, yet, pretend to be a zombie when they opened the coffin, by hissing and walking funny, by smearing some dirt around her eyes or whatever. She could still bite people and eat their guts.

16. Sully

Sully Active Member

Whatever the plan was, Sasha was informed of it. And I imagine it was rehearsed.

As for why she came out as a walker instead of alive, like she said she didn't want Negan to use her against her people. If she was dead he couldn't use her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

If that's what had happened, her plan of attacking would also fail if she's a walker. I still see no advantages gained from her being a walker. As I said, if she took the pill right before the coffin opened, she couldn't be used as a bargaining tool as she'd yell out to Rick that she is about to die from a suicide pill. This would be more advantageous as even a bare handed Sasha, alive, is more dangerous than any random walker (which is what sasha had become) as bare handed sasha can also bite people.

18. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

After reading these posts, I'm of the opinion that Sasha killed herself so she could be "the one person" who had to die.

• Like Like x 1
  19. HondaS2kXD

Exactly. That's why she didn't argue when she got him down to one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. carolsubmissive

carolsubmissive Active Member

In hindsight maybe it would've been better if Eugene had made her a small explosive that she could detonate when she felt the vehicle stop moving