Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl and Maggie

Discussion in 'Episode 714 - The Other Side' started by TheILLness, Mar 20, 2017.

1. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

I'm so glad we finally got to see them talk about Glen. it would have been a huge mistake to not have at least one scene about them finally confronting it. and it was perfect, honestly one of the best scenes of the season and maybe even the series. both actors were fantastic.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Thankfully they talked about it and just didn't ignore it. Can Daryl please have more to say? This is getting annoying. Enid has more lines than he does!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. batongal

batongal Active Member

The last seven years Daryl has gone from grunting to talking to mute. In all honesty he's ptsd. He's one of the lucky few who have been with the group the longest but that entails having seen all of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I was a bit disappointed that she so fully forgave him. I think it would've been more realistic if she still strongly resents him but poorly hides it just so they can work together to stop Negan.

I guess we'll see how Daryl moves forward. Just because Maggie has forgiven him doesn't mean Daryl has forgiven himself.

5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think it is fiting.

She learned from Glenn. How he would have acted! And she forgave Tara for indirectly causing the death of her father and in a longer butterfly effect, got her sister killed to by the forced removal from the prison which eventually got her kidnapped. Knowingly probably to, how much Daryl went into finding her sister and before that taking care of the sister. He also took the vengeance kill for Beth and been a stallar defender of the group and the group integrity. Even if Daryl caused this, she should have a much stronger resentment towards Tara for being part of a murdering psychos army and not questioning once why they stood outside a prison with barely any opposition from these "Very evil" people.

6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That's what makes Maggie "forgiving" Daryl that much more important. He blamed himself for Hershel, he said as much to Beth. He blamed himself for Beth, that was talked about with the conversation between Carol and Daryl when she told him he needed to let himself feel it. Now Glenn.

As far as Daryl thinks, he blames himself for Maggie losing everybody she loved. I wouldn't be surprised if Daryl sticks by Maggie's side from now on, as a dedicated protector. Maybe that will allow Dwight's comic story fit.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

It was a beautiful scene. Heartfelt. The moment Maggie said "you haven't spoken a word to me since coming here"...I knew it was coming. It was a short scene, but very effective. I look forward to seeing how they will work together in the future. Also, I feel that Daryl's and Glenn's friendship evolved so much from Season 1 to the Season 7 premiere. I'm thinking of their earlier interactions to the very last one. It's heartbreaking.

8. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

It was a very long awaited scene that they did very well. I just think it should have been a bit longer with more dialogue. Especially from Daryl.

9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, Daryl and Glenn had a fun relationship. From "guts" when Daryl told Glenn he didn't like him much. There are great key moments between the two. The ball busting and racist jokes. Calling him short round was one of my favorite Daryl moments. The obvious juxtaposition between the "...Korean." "Whatever." Scenes. The grocery store scene, and him straight leveling Nicholas when he went after Glenn. We keep talking about characters who rarely interacted, like Glenn and Carol. But others had a lot of memorable scenes together. Glenn and Daryl had many.

• Agree Agree x 1