Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Spencer deserve it?

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by Deadpool, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Deadpool

Deadpool Member

Do you feel Spencer deserved being gutted for his snitch attempt at screwing over Rick by going to Negan?

2. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Spencer deserved it! He didn't have the "guts" to kill Rick. All he did was nag and complain about Rick to others. I feel bad because he was the last surviving member of his family.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yes. I am 50% more into Negan now.

4. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

Yes, he deserved it.

5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

6. Maxwell

Maxwell New Member

He should have got up close and personal with Lucille for being a traitor.

7. Znuts

Znuts Member

I have been hoping for Spencer to be killed off this whole season, so I was so happy when he was gutted. Only person Negan has killed so far that I don't feel bad about.

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ugh so glad I don't have to listen to him whine anymore. Makin my ears bleed.

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think his brother in the end catched up and was t he better brother. The father was awesome to, but oh well, rip now.

10. EvieE

EvieE Member

Absolutely. He was a liability. Anyone who would turn on their leader in such a sneaky way would bound to do that again. Negan saw right through him.

11. TheHainted

TheHainted Member

Spencer did his job being the whiny one. I was happy to see it happen. Negan makes me happy and I love watching the show again now that he is a major part.
    The balance of hate, humor , and psychotic is amazing.

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I wanted Spencer to die because i hated his "guts" but his death was also very necessary to show how Negan operates under his own sort of twisted moral code.

13. batongal

batongal Active Member

Yes he deserved it. He was a product of his upbringing. Sheltered kid who thought he could buy his way out of trouble every time. A rat that deserved a rats death.

14. Heriot of Fire

Oh brother, are you gonna leave me guts be wasting away
    On the streets of Alexandria

15. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Disemboweling is way too horrific.

16. batongal

batongal Active Member

You're probably right disemboweling is a bit much. God this show is making me indifferent to violence lol. Maybe he could have just shot him dead. Quick and sweet. He did deserve to go though for turning on Rick like that, a rat he is but Negan is a complete nutter that gets off on his violence.

17. PalmettoG27

PalmettoG27 Member

Spencer leading ASZ would be a replica of Gregory at Hilltop. Back at Savior camp Spencer would just be a random resident working for points. I think Negan realized this and actually thought he was doing Rick a favor. Spencer may not have deserved to die. But Negan killing him was probably a good thing because I bet Spencer would have been that guy to dime Rick's group out to the Saviors once they started making plans to attack.

18. rustybag

rustybag Member

Well from Negan's perspective, maybe he "deserved" it, but then so did Carl last episode, and Eugene and Rosita this episode. However he's picking and choosing who he is letting live, and we don't really know why, or what his future plans are for the people he chose to keep around, even though they aren't exactly falling in step with allegiance to him either. I actually didn't blame Spencer one bit for feeling the way he did, but calling Rick out in front of everyone like that was a pretty douche-y and foolish thing to do. Why trust Negan. He probably could have thought of a better way to deal with his unhappiness with Rick.

19. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Yes. Either Spencer wanted Negan to kill Rick or he was too stupid to know that was the message he was conveying.

Plus, I was tired of his tripe.

20. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

Spencer definitely got what he deserved, and he did it to himself.

As some others have said, Negan read that playbook from minute one and strung him along until he saw just the right opportunity to take him down. Hell, Negan even defended Rick, albeit for different reasons but still. Spencer ignorantly jumped in, as is his way, and he paid the ultimate price for it. It's just laughable that Spencer thought he could actually reason with Negan and get him on his side. Guess you should have listened to the man you were betraying, Spencer.

I'll say again, he is a "tremendous shit" to quote Father Gabriel.