Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Spencer deserve it?

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by Deadpool, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Perhaps it's different in other regions, but here in whacky SF it's exactly like that. Tobin and Olivia have much more character than Aiden, Nicolas and Spencer, but they're definitely indicative of ordinary suburbanites.

It's good to know the TWD creators hit the nail on the head with the persona's of the geographic region. They did a good job with Georgia also.

Would be funny to see how they'd do a San Francisco Bay Area survival set... haha...

2. Zombie_Penguin

Spencer absolutely deserved it and as much as Negan is an asshole he at least appreciates the powerof a man trying to work with him for his family and dislikes a douche, so bye bye Spencer you douche

3. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Negan should have taken out Big Fat Fatty McFatFace Tara while he was at it.

4. Nebukadnezar

Nebukadnezar New Member

100%

He had his chances, he try to backstab Rick and all of them in their hardest time and even when Rick was searching stuff for Negan to save the group...
    Instead Spencer was and always be a p*ssy....even his mother knowed that i guess...when he was stealing food and stuff, the season before.

So, yes...Spencer chosed his way.

5. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Yeah he was asking for it but I honestly think a guy like Spencer is too naive to understand that.

By the way...
    Everyone here who saw how Spencer was asking for it?
    Is not a good guy.

And those who said he deserved it?
    Way worse.

6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

LOL I know so did I!
    That shit he did instead totally took the cake.

7. RU3evil

RU3evil Member

They seem to be doing pretty good with the saviors too for the most part.Not so sure on people following Negan though. Once out of suburbia (where I'm at) the people would be a lot more capable.

They even skipped over the Bay Area in Fear didn't they? I guess they could try a twitter campaign for a couple days.

8. RU3evil

RU3evil Member

I think you may be mistaking narcissism for naivety.

9. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Haha... Fear represented an LA suburbanite family well enough.

10. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

im not so sure that it was still a good enough reason though. as it is, he proved that he didn't have the balls to do it himself. and in actuality, all he was really doing was saying that he thought he could lead and protect his people better than Rick - and how can you blame him with all of the mistakes that Rick has made lately and where he has gotten the group? on the surface it may look like there was a good reason, but digging further into it and knowing what we know - there really wasn't.

11. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Wow. A blood thirsty bunch on this site. lol. Of course the stupid schmuck didn't deserve it! Being a conniving little weasel who bitches and moans but never actually 'did' anything? He deserved to be eviscerated for that? Talk about the punishment NOT fitting the crime. At the most he deserved a punch in the face and a stern "Never speak against Rick again. He leads this group for ME".

12. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

In one word? Yes.

13. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Yeah cause raiding an outpost doesn't justify being killed... Or punching THE man who JUST said i'm in charge now/beat one of your group to death in front of you. And finally a p*ssy attempt to overthrow a leader (analogue for Negan). What parts confusing?

14. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I said, that I probably would have done the same in Negan shoes, because letting Spencer live at this point would mean more problems in the future - at least from Negans pov. Spencer was willing to get rid of his present leader, so I would be worried as his future leader. Had Spencer cause to rebell against Rick? Maybe, but there would have been more diplomatic or direct approaches to settle his beef with Rick. The way he whined at Rick the last time, they clashed, it is no wonder, that he wasn't taken serious (and not just by Rick, I got the feeling, few people took him serious). He could have waited a day or two, prepared some arguments and present them in front of the group - he could at least have tried that approach. Instead he ran to the violence-loving psychopath to get him to do the dirty work ... you can say a lot about Negan, but he isn't stupid, so I stand by my decision, that in this special case, Spencer did get what he deserved.

15. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

perhaps the word deserve means something different to both of us. i guess im looking at it from the point of view as far as what he has done in comparison to the others. IMO, he simply presented Negan with a plan of his own and why he thought he should be in charge - something that many of us do at our everyday jobs - when we try to give our employers a reason why we should be promoted or leading a given project rather than choosing someone else. that pales in comparison to what Rick and co. did when they slaughtered that outpost of Saviors. surely the people who carried out that attack DESERVE to die more than someone who is hatching up a plan. Spencer didn't even act on anything - he was just talking.

16. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I think too, that we mean different things here: If someone would come to me, fylimar, and ask. if I would sentence Spencer to death, I would not allow that to happen. But I was taking on Negans pov, because he was the one, killing Spencer and from his viepoint, killing Spencer was the logical thing to do. And as an observer I think, that Spencer must have at least thought about the possibility, that Negan do what he did. He wasn't there when Glen and Abe were killed, but the others have surely told all about it. And the way Rosita (whom he likes and obviously trusts) and Eugene acted the other episode, how scared and dispirited they were, he was just stupid, to ignore how dangerous Negan is. Just because some Savior guys were nice to him doesn't mean, the boss is cool with him. And again, despite his beef with Rick (and I can understand Spencers line of thought although I don't agree with it), he must have known, that had he succeeded in convincing Negan, that would have mean Ricks death for sure - at least it was a strong possibility, so it was more than just presenting another plan imo.

17. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

I think he should have started off demonstrating to Negan how valuable he was. For example all the supplies he had brought back by himself, that same day.

18. Jo1978

Jo1978 New Member

Ha ha!! So true. BUT it was still so satisfying to watch :zombies_lol:

19. Nurse Greene

Nurse Greene New Member

Yes, he deserved it and I enjoyed every minute of that scene. :3
    I really like Rick as a character, so Spencer pissed me off big time; I don't like weasels.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

20. jujulita

jujulita Member

He totally deserved it. He was just an a-hole who thought he deserved praise because of he was the son of his mother. Total idiot.