Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

GPK Theory of Why They are the Way they are

Discussion in 'Ep. 716 - The First Day of the Rest of Your Life' started by Singtress, Apr 4, 2017.

1. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Perhaps they are fans of Parataxis. Or Jadis has always suffered from Agrammatism and made it a cult in her group.
    Also, short sentences are catchy and easy to remember. That way they emphasize what they say and probably avoid misunderstandings and might give others the creeps.
    Could also be some kind of mantra to cope with the situation.

But most of all it gives them an extra-weirdo status on TWD ;)

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

no

3. Cartman

Cartman New Member

Lily Sloane: Jean Luc, blow up the damn garbage dump!

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: No! Noooooooooo!

[Smashes glass and model ships with his phaser]

Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    : I will not sacrifice the Alexandrians. We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds -- with zombies -- and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done! I will be the judge of what is reasonable, dammit!

Perhaps an even more apt comparison would be the Pakleds... remember those dudes? "We look for things.....We want what we want.....Make us strong!.....We are not strong." lol

The description of the Pakleds online sounds awfully similar to the Garbage Brains...

"To the casual observer, the Pakleds appeared to be intellectually challenged, especially in their verbal skills. However, despite the marked lack of intellect, they proved to be far more cunning than they appeared, and used their innocuous appearance to deceive other races. They were driven by their unwillingness to develop technological knowledge on their own, desiring to instantly gain the power that other cultures enjoyed. They therefore tried to acquire technology from other species, generally by theft."

• Like Like x 3
  4. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

"The line must be drawn heeee-ahhhh!!!!"

FTFY

• Like Like x 1
  5. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

I actually agree with this. Some shorthand of language that allows a group to communicate discreetly is not really a bad thing in this new world. They don't need or even want anyone else to know what they are communicating to their fellows. Hell, if I were Jadis I would procure foreign language texts for everyone.

6. Cartman

Cartman New Member

Lol, you know, Picard would be a good advocate for the rights of zombie-kind...

PICARD: A single walker, is a curiosity. A wonder, even. But a thousand walkers... Isn't that becoming.... a race? And won't we be judged by how we treat that race? Now, tell me, Rick Grimes, what is a walker?

RICK: I don't understand.

PICARD: What is it!!

RICK: A zombie!

PICARD: Is it?? Are you sure??

RICK: Yes!

PICARD: They've met two of your three criteria for sentience, so what if they meet the third? Consciousness, in even the smallest degree. What are they then? I don't know. Do you? (to Michonne) Do you? (to Daryl) Do you?

7. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

That's great until the walker says "resistance is futile".
    Then Picard wants to wipe all those arseholes out ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Little or no insight.

8. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

If we're going into the Trekverse, the Garbage Pail Kids are the Tamarians and Jadis is Captain Dathon from the episode Darmok.

And really. that episode, like the one with the Pakleds, is a stinkeroo.

---------

And while I'm at, I surmise that Rick was channeling Kirk when he decided to trust the GPK:

Daryl: I still want one question answered to my satisfaction. Why? Not a list of possible miracles, but a simple basic understandable why that overrides all danger. And let's not kid ourselves that there is no potential danger in this.

Rick: They used to say if man could fly, he'd have wings. But he did fly. He discovered he had to. Do you wish that the first Apollo mission hadn't reached the moon, or that we hadn't gone on to Mars and then to the nearest star? That's like saying you wish that you still strung your crossbow with catgut like your great-great-great-great-grandfather used to. I'm in command. I could order this. But I'm not because, Daryl is right in pointing out the enormous danger potential in any contact with life and intelligence as fantastically retarded-speaking as these GPKs. But I must point out that the possibilities, the potential for knowledge and advancement is equally great. Risk. Risk is our business. That's what Alexandria is all about. That's why we're inside these walls. You may dissent without prejudice. Do I hear a negative vote?

#28 westwingnut, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Jadis is Captain Dathon from the episode Darmok.

This was the absolute FIRST thing I thought of when I saw this episode. I am just not enough of a Trekkie to know the character name and I couldn't remember the Darmok word either.

• Like Like x 1