Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Here's Negan!

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 28, 2016.

1. mishone

mishone Member

What if Negan IS his last name? I know a few people that only use their last name or variations of.

2. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

I've always thought it was his last name.

3. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

That's what I thought with the kids calling him "Coach Negan" just cemented that, you never hear kids call a coach by his first name like "Coach Richard". Kind of like Wolverine only being known by "Logan" for the longest time and no one knowing if that was supposed to be his first or last name. But can we all learn a lesson here and not go for the generic answer if it does come to that... John Negan, Chris Negan, or Billy Negan just don't have a good ring to them.

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Richard Negan would be a strong, solid name. But his friends call him Dick.

5. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

But his wife also calls him Negan when she comes into the garage to wag her finger at him after the kid's parents called their house.

Wouldn't that be kinda weird? I'm sitting here thinking about addressing my husband as "Lowe" when that's now my married last name and it's just hella weird.

I have heard coaches referred to either by first or last name - was whatever the coach preferred, from my observation.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, his first name is definitely Negan.

7. TROR

TROR Member

Rick Grimes vs Rick Negan

8. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

No, you are right about that. I grew up in a town so small, when you fart everybody knew it 30 minutes later. And the only thing it identified with was an oil refinery and sports! (<Note the use of an exclamation point.) Everyone was Coach-last name, and people did call you by your last name everywhere you went. Plenty of country folk that still use terms like; "there goes Ellers Jr. With Gibson in tow", "Sanchez! Get your head in the game or I'll swap you out with Endicott.", And "Parks, hand me that whiskey, its the only way I can deal with this town." So my mind tends to stick there.

I have seen a couple of families that call each other by their last names, but there was problems with the ways their family tree had no branches and a penchant for being excellent banjo players... Not what I picture Negan like at all. :p

9. mrwicked

mrwicked Member

We must be from the same place? Same thing...oil refinery..sports..and last name calling, except people knew you were going to fart 30 minutes before you had to lol.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

10. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had better water then. Ours just slowed down the brain...

11. mrwicked

mrwicked Member

A town 10 miles east of where I'm from had black water that the county "proclaimed" was safe to drink LMAO. Went back for 20 yr hs reunion, and people were still like "hey last name, how the hell you been?. Damn last name you are one buff sum bitch!" lol

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

12. Neuropyramidal

Maybe tomorrow will be the real Wednesday that it comes out. Unluck that crappy fake Wednesday!! :p

13. DragonRacer

Yup, gonna trek back out to ye olde comic book store again and see what happens. LOL

14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'll be waiting for your synopsis, lol.

15. DragonRacer

Okay, gather 'round so I can baby bird this synopsis down your pretty little throats. :zombies_lol:

16. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Sounds a bit slow. Hopefully it has a different feel, when I see the panels.

17. DragonRacer

No, it's definitely slow.

Sorry. :\

18. Neuropyramidal

Just finally got a chance to get my copy and read this. Yeah, not a lot has happened for about 3 issues in a row now. I think it may speed up a bit now that Negan has left the hospital room. I'd like to see him leave the hospital by the end of next issue. I'm starting to wonder if this is actually going to tell the story of now Negan became Negan, or if its just going to tell his early outbreak story. Maybe we'll have a bit of a time jump, because at this rate, by issue 10, we'll still be in the hospital lobby lol.

I'm liking the story, but it goes to show you that 4 pages at a time can be pretty frustrating. I wish Kirman/Adlard had employed the 16 panel page format here, as they did in the last TWD issue.

19. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

Wondering the same ^^^

I'm really hoping we get something. Not just a last shot with his shit eating grin and it's like, "Oh now he's Negan".

Very slow indeedally do. I think he leaves the hospital by the end of next issue. I think it'll go a little further with Rick/Negan parallels.

For instance, and I know most have known this, not talking down. Negan was the one watching his wife in a coma while Rick was in the coma.

It was Rick that needed help from Morgan and Duane. Someone yells for Negans help when he's leaving the room.

Maybe I'm reaching here?

20. DragonRacer

It's that time of the month again, children.

Oh, and it's also a new release day for Here's Negan! ;)