Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Here's Negan!

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Wow Negan just learned in 2 panels not only that walkers are dead, but also how to kill them. This story is moving slow as molasses, but also really fast at the same time lol.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Totally forgot!!!! I'll get it on the way home! And you're just trying to turn me off with the time of the month thing. It didn't work. ;)

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm speaking in gifs for the rest of the day.

4. Neuropyramidal

And we never see that teenage kid as a savior. I bet he's Negan's first human kill. ;).

And dammit, issue SIX and we're still not out of the hospital!! I'm kind of hoping there's at least a few hour jump after this issue, and we see they have acquired a couple new people in the group or something. But I'm guessing the next issue will be them leaving the hospital and getting through the parking lot lol.

5. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

I'm honestly starting to have my doubts about how much of Negan's background is really going to get covered here. I mean, going into it, my assumption was a bit of pre-ZA, then the start of the ZA, how he acquires Lucille and why he names her that/why she's his go-to weapon of choice, finding Sanctuary, and establishing the Saviors. Maybe even see some familiar faces, like meeting Dwight and Sherry. Possibly see some sort of incident that sheds light on his super anti-rape attitude. Not to say that other, normal people DON'T have an anti-rape attitude... I mean, seriously, everyone should be against rape... but Kirkman seems to have made it a key point in Negan's character since it's come up a lot and he's killed/tried to kill people over it, so it honestly had me wondering if someone close to him had been raped and he'd been helpless to stop it or something; at this point, I'm guessing it's now simply there as a "pet the dog" sort of moment (check out the definition on TV Tropes, if you're curious), a way to give his villain some redeeming qualities. *shrugs*

But this thing is only slated for 12 issues. Today is issue six and... um, I have no idea what Kirkman is actually doing at this point. I'm starting to fear we won't even get remotely close to touching on ANY of the actual build-up to Negan as a ZA superpower. Instead, it's like he's gonna step out of the hospital, magically get a leather jacket and a baseball bat, kill a few walkers, and we end on some sort of grim-dark mood that takes us back to the very first panels of Issue 1 - him sitting alone at a campfire binding Lucille with the barbed wire. And it ends. With the audience having to "fill in the blanks" for lone Negan turning into Genghis Khan Negan.

Which will make me unhappy. *sigh*

I didn't know you were into earning your red wings, Neuro. :zombies_lol:

(For the innocent among us, don't Google that. No, really, don't.)

6. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, I was totally expecting an epic story, maybe spanning a few months, showing how Negan became the leader of the saviors, maybe ending with him adopting Lucille as his pet weapon. I'm starting to think we are not going to see him become Negan. We are just going to see how he survives the first day of the outbreak.

That brought back memories for me. The first time I heard the term 'red wings' was from a disgusting cook at a restaurant I worked at when I was 16. He was maybe 27 years old, overweight, and had completely rotten teeth. I mean actually dark green and black teeth lol. You have to almost actively try to have your teeth get that bad when you're only in your 20's. I used to wonder how many people would still eat at our restaurant if they could see his teeth. Anyway, my very first day on the job, the day after my 16th birthday, he kept asking me if I had my 'red wings' yet and then he'd laugh this really disgusting smoker's laugh right up close in my face. I had never heard the term before, but I could picture in my head what it probably meant lol. I remember thinking "there's no way I'm working with this guy long term".

To make a REALLY long story short, I ended up working there for 8 years [through the rest of high school and college] and about 6 years into it I became his boss lol. He HATED that. He couldn't stand the fact that this young kid who started as a dishwasher was his boss. And by then he was maybe 33 and I was still only about 22. And I didn't even take the job all that seriously. Only three people had the alarm code to get into the restaurant at night, besides the owner. Himself, myself, and the owner's wife. One night, in the middle of the night, he used the code to go into the restaurant and take all the money out of the cash register. He was going to try and pin it on me. The owner never even asked me about it. He just fired him. I considered that one of the best compliments anyone had ever given me up to that date.

That's my red wings story.

7. DragonRacer

Maybe Kirkman will have some epiphany and decide to extend Here's Negan! for another year... or two... or ten. You know, to really tell the WHOLE story. Hell, I'd begin a Kickstarter for that if my pet theory of "Negan won't die in TWD until Here's Negan! is finished" holds true. :zombies_lol:

I've reached a point where I really do not care that I'm being milked $1.99 extra a month for a guaranteed 4 pages of Negan in my life. Ride that train, Kirkman. Grab those teats and milk this cow for all the dollar bills you want if it gets us more Negan.

Hmmm, wow, that sounds pretty bad. But I'm an addict at this point, it's sad. LMAO

That was a hell of a vote of confidence, how awesome!

Also a MUCH better story about red wings than Urban Dictionary has. :zombies_shocked:

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Ok since we're telling stories - I learned that term when i was about 14. My parents made me go to bed early on school nights but i could never sleep so i would turn on the radio and I stumbled on a radio show on what i think was a Canadian radio station. I can't remember what it was called. The host was a sex therapist, and she had a male co-host who was sort of the comic relief. Anyway, i would turn it down as far as it would go and listen to people call in and ask sex & relationship questions. I learned...so much. Including what red wings are.

9. Neuropyramidal

"So, I've got these red rings on my p*nis, do you know what this could be??"

"No, but if you count the rings, you can tell how old your p*nis is!"

10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Well.....this conversation sure took a turn. :p

11. Neuropyramidal

It swung a little to the left.

12. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Wut.

13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Sounds painful!

14. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Does it wobble to and fro? Can you tie it in a knot can you tie it in a bow?

15. Neuropyramidal

I can tie it in a bow, but shortly thereafter I go into hypovolemic shock.

16. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Negan just wanted to make an announcement on the subject at hand.

[​IMG]

17. Neuropyramidal

HERE'S NEGAN renewed for a SECOND year of 12 issues and a 10 page special!!!

18. DragonRacer

Goddammit, man! My heart actually leapt into my throat, even though I smelled shenanigans.

And now I'm all sad face. :(

19. mightyeskimo

mightyeskimo New Member

Is there anyplace online to read the pages in part 5 and beyond?

20. Glenn's Deuce

Glenn's Deuce Member

So when's the next one?