Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Here's Negan!

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 28, 2016.

1. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

All right, ghouls and germs, gather 'round for Issue 13. Quite a bit happens in these four pages...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

And was it just me, or was that John in the new group? Before his facial scar. If so, maybe we find out how he got the scar. Although I think Negan might have already mentioned the name John somewhere earlier.

Edit: after looking at it again, you can't see enough of his face to tell if he has a facial scar or not.

#162 Neuropyramidal, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  3. DragonRacer

No idea. I've seen some people say they think the woman Negan gave his jacket to is Amber, but I don't really see it. Plus, Charlie's bad sometimes about making lots of people look similar. LOL

4. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, good ole same-face!! Good thing Tom Cruise's alien gods didn't have the same problem when they made us! We'd never find our family again after going to the bathroom at TGIFridays. "Welp, I'm ready for those onion rings!" "Who the F*CK are you???" "Mom? Its me" "Security!! Security!!" "Linda? Is that you? What's wrong with mom?" "HELP!! Stranger Danger"..

#164 Neuropyramidal, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  5. DragonRacer

Issue 14 hit the streets today...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Neuropyramidal

Part 15 has popped on the scene, you turd burglars!

Here the 411 on this shit:

Negan starts giving a speech to the crowd, complete with telling them they are citizens of that wonderful metropolis known as Pee Pee Pants City, when he pauses and tells them he needs a moment to collect himself.

He walks back to the barbed while barrier and begins removing a length of wire, while telling Dwight not to let anyone leave.As he kneels by the fire, wrapping the wire around the bat, he seems to break down a bit, asking himself what the shite he is doing.

Next we see several panels of the wire slowly being wrapped around the bat, and Lucille has been born into the world, sliding right out of a vagina made of fear, love, hate, grief, and paprika, ....and then we see a close up of Negan's face looking stone cold....and then another shot of Negan looking at the newborn Lucille with a look of fear, a look that says "what am I becoming??".

After a weighted sigh, he turns around and asks the group how they are doing. In another short speech, he tells them he understands they are confused and scared right now.

The issue ends with a close up Negan's face, Lucille, and flames from the campfire in the background, as Negan says "Its time I tell you about Lucille".

• Like Like x 2
  7. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Thus the final piece of the puzzle that is Negan falls into place. He is who he is, largely due to his life as "Coach" Negan. The added story of loosing everyone around him, starting with his wife (who he loved more than anything, despite his character flaw of not staying faithful... A trait that pervades even the best of people today) gave an explanation as to how he hardened himself to death (I firmly believe he has seen more than Rick in the early days, coma notwithstanding.), and finally the piece that did not make sense to me... Why he introduced himself the way he did!

It made no logical rounds as to why such an over-the-top presentation was needed, when a simple threat could have gotten the same results. It is painfully clear now, and turns Negan into a different person. Like everyone else, he suffers from PTSD, why I never even considered this is because I was too close to the situation. I respond to tragedy with humor and bravado. I have made a mother laugh on the day her child died in a fire, and three different families at their loved ones funerals, I have cracked jokes at scenes of gore no matter if it was videos or real life. I was once attacked by three people at night while out of town at a hotel and a lucky shot dropped the first one that charged me, the other two staggered back and asked me "what did you do?" I quickly replied "I knocked him the **** out! And if you want him to make it, you might want to call an ambulance for him." This allowed me to walk away without further issue.

Its a defense mechanism Negan has against trauma. Make a joke, show your brave face, act decisively, never let em see you sweat! He was broken by killing that man, and it created a pattern he was locked into. He will now politely offer not to kill the rest as long as they fall in line and work for him, and woe be to the poor soul who thinks its a good time to be defiant. He doesn't want to kill anyone else right now, he is still wrapping his mind around what he just did. But if Negan shows them he is freaked out, they will likely try something. I surmise that wrapping the barbed wire really just was something he did to buy him some time to compose himself.

He does this, not because he likes to smash heads, he does this because it worked. He saved people and saved himself by taking one guy out like that. He now uses it as an intimidation tactic if his apocalyptic protection racket becomes too transparent. As time goes on he becomes more and more removed from what he's doing, and has long since forgotten how he once felt the first time he killed a healthy human.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. DragonRacer

Thanks for getting the synopsis up, Neuro. Work had me so slammed, I didn't even get a chance to grab my copy until today.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Ok everystench, sit right down in a semi-circle and put your ears on. Arms interlocked! There is bean dip and nachos, but no shoes no service. Keeping your boobs covered is optional.

First panel is a close up of Negan and Lucille, as Negan explains how much the real Lucille meant to him, and that he was an asshole who didn't appreciate her until she was gone. He states that he lost her during the outbreak, and everyone he met after that were weak and couldn't survive, so they all died. None of them 'earned' the title of 'survivor'.

They were weak, scared people, he explains. And he will find out if this current group is also weak. He learned something watching all those weak people die, one after the other. And he himself felt nothing. Not for them, not for himself.

We then see a bird's eye view of Negan and the groups, complete with brains-bashed-in-fellow lying on the ground, as Negan continues. He felt no emotions during that time except anger and fury he says. He says he finally realized why....

"It was Lucille", he explains, and appears to be talking about the bat now "she protected me, she placed me in a bubble where nothing got to me...made me stronger...helped me survive"...as he caresses the bat...

He then introduces Lucille to the group, and tells them he will let Lucille protect them too, instead of letting them die like so many other motherfuckers. Then we see brains-bashed-fellow up close, as Negan goes on: "stand with me....anyone who tries to hurt us...ends up like him"

He then tells them he killed their leader, but plays it down cause he was an asshole anyway. He says they can decide to fight him [and lose] or join him. Work together and survive. But, he tells them, the new group works for Negan's group now. "We're your saviors".

A member of brain-bashed-fellow's group speaks out against him, calling Negan crazy to expect that they will fall in line behind the man who murdered their leader.

Negan abruptly names this man "Big Balled Motherfucker", as well as "Big Balls". He then states, in certain terms, that he will climb into Big Ball's penis, and climb all the way deep into it so he can deliver a message to Big Ball's balls, that message being "Big Balls, I know you think you're the King shit of **** mountain and you're not accustomed to taking shit from anyone, but things are different now because......

HERE'S NEGAN"

Just at that moment Negan trips and falls forward, knocking over the buffet table and landing right on his face. Lucille goes rolling away. His belt buckle is caught on the sidewalk and he can't stand up. He screams defiantly "OUCH! UGGHHHH THAT'S GONNA LEAVE A MARK!" He then picks up a boot, mistaking it for Lucille and says "This is your daddy. Cross me and daddy spanks your forehead. And the worst thing about this whole ordeal is a lack of chicken nuggets"

And the final frame:

#169 Neuropyramidal, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

^^I did not fall for that last paragraph whatsoever in the least. Nope.

11. Neuropyramidal

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1