Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

In the real world Negan would've killed Rosita

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by FutureApocalyps, Dec 19, 2016.

1. FutureApocalyps

When she fired that gun at him and Carl would've been killed when he popped up in the truck and started killing Negan's men.

When that didn't happen it was unrealistic for such a "mental psychopath" like Negan. The same guy that bashed Glen and Abe's brains out for the group killing some of his men.

However, it's a show about a zombie apocalypse so there's limitless room for "creative license" and I, like millions of others, still love the show.

2. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I believe Negan should of killed Rosita and Maybe Carl too. But he saw how tough they both are and was impressed therefore didn't want to kill them. It's more productive to break them for the actions they caused and they both got to live with it. Unlike Spencer he wasn't "tough" he wanted Negan to do his dirty work so he found his useless and weak. In his mind Spencer was just had to go. So Negan is pretty crazy!

3. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

He didn't kill Daryl either, it's perfectly consistent behavior for his character and that's what you can ask for. So far he doesn't kill badass' with guts (Rosita, Daryl, Carl) and he doesn't mind perfectly innocent people being killed to teach a lesson (Glenn, Olivia etc) You could say he's built the army he has by playing it this way, surrounding himself with touch characters and forcing tough people to work for him.

4. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

He likes Carl and wants Rick's people working for him. They can't do that if they're dead now can they?

TBF he was only going to kill Abe until Daryl decided to be Hero of the day and attack him. He said that shit was not gonna fly and so he killed Glenn to just to show Rick and his people how serious he was.

I also don't think he killed Rosita because he doesn't like killing women, or rather he doesn't personally like doing it himself so he's fine with someone else doing it for him.

5. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Negan also told Rick that ASZ was in deeper debt because of Carl and Rosita. Negan did not let their actions go unpunished.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Hannibal Lecter told Clarice the world was more interesting with her in it. Negan respects certain qualities in people, and finds his existence more rewarding having them around. Also some of them, in his mind, he probably figures may one day join him as a soldier. That's his plan for Daryl, and maybe Carl, in the back of his mind.

Also, when the concept of trying to be a hero has a pattern of getting someone ELSE killed instead of you, it tends to discourage vigilantes.

7. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

THIS.

I have always assumed this is his MO. He kills someone else. That makes those who are going to play hero think twice, and most likely would create fiction and conflict within a group because someone innocent paid for the hero's misfires.

8. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Plus breaking others by twisting everything upside down by not playing by even the basic rules. It makes him even more unpredictable, confuses others and causes anxiety because it gets impossible to balance the pros and cons of a situation. So people are somewhat paralyzed and become more and more cautious to let sleeping dogs lie. Psychological terror at its best.

9. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I agree with what you guys are saying - it makes him very unpredictable and causes people to rethink their actions as it may very well cause harm to others that they care about rather than themselves. That being said, is this the smartest thing for Negan to do? In my opinion, no. Rather than killing the leader in Rick, the person that killed his men in Carl, and the person that had the balls to stand up to him and shoot at him with her lone bullet in Rosita, he killed other people that are less of a threat to him. Yes, Abe and Glenn could have been threats, but he chose them at random. In any event, but not cutting down people who are an actual threat to him, he is leaving the possibility of problems for himself in the future. If I was him, I would take the threats out and leave the meek to serve. If you keep poking a sleeping Bear, it's going to wake up soon.

10. GlennsCrazyEye

Agree 100% honestly if I was Negan I probably would have smashed everyone but Carl and dumped him off at alexandria with a message to deliver.

11. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

In any normal situation, yes, but they're in a world where the meek don't survive. These groups are of no use without some guts and character.

(He needs scavengers, he doesn't need Olivia)

12. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I can agree that Olivia may not serve much of a purpose in her current state, but she seems like someone that definitely would have bowed down to Negan and done whatever he asked or die trying. Rosita is EXACTLY the opposite of what he really wants. Not only is she a threat, but she isn't willing to serve him whatsoever.

13. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

Besides some of the other good points brought up about why Negan didn't kill Rosita (or Carl), he knows he's got to do things a certain way in order to keep the group in fear of him, and under his proverbial control.

He's constantly keeping them on their toes because he DOESN'T do what they might expect. He's crafty and full of surprises. As someone else said, there are always consequences from wrongs done against him, but the punishments are always the opposite of what everyone expects.

Not to delve into it too much but, let's look at the Spencer incident as an example...he killed Spencer, he didn't join with him as in the general sense, would maybe have been expected (not knowing what happened in the comics prior, anyway), but he didn't.

There's a rhyme to his reason on all of that. In lots of aspects it's a game for Negan, and he likes to play.

14. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

I agree. In my opinion, this is what will decide the end of Negan's ruling, sooner or later (if so).
    Killing the one who attacks him plus killing an innocent member of the group would be safer for him.
    But then, Negan obviously thinks of himself as being somewhat invincible and genius. The attackers are actually no threat to him in his mind, despite the very fact that Rick's group killed dozens of his followers at the outpost.
    He suffers from severe megalomania, and this is his very weakness.
    Thinking that he can controll those who have "guts" forever is not only part of his mental illness but will also be his downfall.

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Carl isn't even an option for Negan to kill. He's a kid and Negan likes him too.

The problem with keeping Rosita alive is that she just didn't punch him like Daryl, but she pulled a gun and came within inches of possibly killing him. And that's after she witnessed him obliterate Abe and Glenn, then gut Spencer. She has no real fear so it doesn't make sense to keep someone that volatile alive.

Also, I was really bothered with how Gimple added in that Negan had the Saviors kill the young boys from that women's community. That's not a Negan move and further alienates the general audience from the character.

16. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I agree...I totally get why he didn't kill Daryl or even Carl - but Rosita should have gone (followed by the random shooting of Olivia too). This would have also reinforced the realism of Rick and co deciding they just can't live like this anymore.

17. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I also think in real life, at that range Rosita would have hit Negan.

18. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

MISTAKES + DIFFICULTIES

Should have vs Should of

The phrase should have indicates a missed obligation or opportunity in the past. In informal speech, it is contracted to should’ve, not "should of."

You should have (should’ve) called me!
    You should of called me!

I should have (should’ve) known you were lying.
    I should of known you were lying.

Tom and Pauline are so selfish, they should have (should’ve) been there for you.
    Tom and Pauline are so selfish, they should of been there for you.

Should have should never be written "should of." However, the latter does exist: when should is followed by an expression that begins with of.

You should, of course, compare prices.
    Past: You should, of course, have compared prices.

He should, of his own will, do the right thing.
    Past: He should, of his own will, have done the right thing.

The Bottom Line

The erroneous phrase "should of" likely came about from the very similar pronunciation of should’ve. Perhaps I should’ve mentioned this sooner.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

You know grammar nazi-ism is a sign of advanced small dick syndrome, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

You are very annoying. Wanting to correct me about this over and over. Trying to dumb down my posts and threads. Thinking I didn't know Judith was Carl's sister. Again just shut the hell up. This is getting old, you need to seriously get a life.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1