Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Michonne Killing Isabelle

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by Neuropyramidal, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Then she should have said so. Michonne might have been a little more generous in sparing the woman's life.

2. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I didn't even know she was dead until I saw her on In Memorium on Talking Dead.

3. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Isabelle had a death wish. She wanted to die. She was probably tired of living under Negan point system

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I thought it was the highlight of the show!

Just doing what needs to be done like the good old days.

Clearly Isabelle was resigned to dying already and I think they both understood this too.

I have to wonder if she wasn't a scout or lookout and was heading the ASZ to start a shift,it seems idiotic that negan would not be watching every group he lords over in some way all the time.

The idea that she was just running for her own life I like too though.
    Too little too late.

I bet if Michonne had been there for Nebraska season 2 could have been a little shorter too!

5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Just type something in the first line of the text field, hit enter, then everything will be normal on the next line down. Then erase the stupid non-space bar functioning line at the top of your post.

Thank you for that insight. Damn kids!!!

6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ido
    I don't even bother erasing. Hoping it will be annoying enough to one of the powers that be and maybe they will actually FIX something around here. lol

7. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

So when they stopped the vehicle on the top of that hill and looked down at the saviors below, what did everyone see? It looked like a crossroad/intersection with some vehicles on it. Thoughts?

8. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I couldn't figure that out either, and yet Michonne's like ohhhh yeah mhmm
    On the other hand Isabelle then said "we're all Negan" which basically translated means "Ha! You'll have to kill me because I'll never turn on my boss."
    So that stuff at the bottom of the hill may have just been a bunch of nothing, like Isabelle's playing stupid, isn't this what you wanted?

At this point Michonne knew she wasn't going to get anywhere with Isabelle.
    Then Isabelle precipitates things a bit further by telling her about the silencer and ditching the car.

#28 8307c4, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  9. Heriot of Fire

Had the same strategy. Did you miss this post on your own thread? Worked well for me.

10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Oh!I

I forgot all about that fix. Sorry [MENTION=32362]Zedd[/MENTION]. lol

That was before I was having the problem and once I started having it too.....I totally forgot there was a fix. Going there now! Thanks!

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Michonne realized that it was like a small city and they were so completely outnumbered that resistance in normal ways was futile.

It was sort of like that scene in the Fire Truck though when they almost drove into the giant herd at the slaughterhouse we find out later.
    Does not translate all that well to TV for sure the scale of the Sanctuary and that does not include outposts either.

Then there was a really muted,silenced gunshot and Michonne got into the drivers seat and turned around and left.

12. asdf

asdf Member

Thank you. Couldn't have said it better.

Negan's rule is antiquated. This day in age you must give people an incentive to go on and maybe even fight for you a la Rick's group and The Kingdom. This ain't the dark ages anymore; people have options. Even the Guv'ner's ruse lasted quite a time before he went off the deep end and gunned downed everybody. Totalitarianism is out of fashion.

I'm surprised no one took him out yet. There really is no repercussion because no one values his existence, they just fear him.

#32 asdf, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  13. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Thanks! That happens to me all the time!

14. EvieE

EvieE Member

She was most likely trying to escape but even if Michonne would have let her go and she ran back to the sanctuary to tell Negan about what happened, he would want to know what she was doing out there alone in the first place. I've never seen them travel alone. He would have figured it out and made her life hell. Death was probably the more welcome option.

15. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I don't know that the woman wanted to be saved. I think that she had lost all hope and thought she was good as dead anyway

16. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

If Isabelle was escaping she should have told Michonne that and they could have hung out. Maybe braid each others hair.

17. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I thought Isabelle was trying to escape and that's why Michonne's appearance made her so dejected. She was testing Michonne to see if she was a savior with the "We're all Negan" line. Either way, Isabelle had no way out. If Michonne was a savior, Isabel was in trouble. If Michonne was not a savior, Isabelle was in trouble. No place to run. No place to hide. So, her last act was a final kindness to Michonne who, not being a savior, could get away if she burned the car so her presence in it can't be traced.

I really felt for Isabelle.

18. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

that whole story was a little weird to me. why didn't the girl try to say anything to Michonne if she was escaping? if it were me, I would have told her that I'm leaving now and ask to come stay at Alexandria and help them out. if she really wanted to die, she could have just killed herself at any time. Also, it's a little out of Michonne's character to kill the girl just like that.

19. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

When Michonne capped Isabelle I think they added in a muzzle flash.

20. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Yes-- I remain bothered by Michonne's killing of Isabelle. It did not seem to be necessary and that murder was not a feature of Michonne's character that we have seen before. She has been really tough, but she hasn't been a murderer. Her killing of Isabelle would have been more understandable had there been more discussion between them to justify the murder.

Then, again, neither the option of taking Isabelle to Alexandria or letting her go free seem feasible.