Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan do not meet enough resistance.

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by Marc, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Negan is clearly ****ed up in the head, so is his Lieutenants. Seemingly most of his soldiers to.

And people like that, will meet resistance. There is plenty among the survivors. The Governor would not bend the knee, Terminus would not bend the knee, and the later would probably give Negan one hell of a match too.

The TV show also given Negan way to much weapons.

Beside the point, humans do not do well with others being brutal tyrants, tyrants get killed. Especially if there is only strong survivors left with guns. Negan would by now have lost so much men and probably died himself. How come he can uphold this? What has he done to be able to hold this biker gang together? How come no one rebels? Why is his men loyal to this psycho?

Rick is brutal, violent but also an effective man with a big heart when needed, a leader who look after his people. Negan? He got no heart, he is just a brutal man who is sick in the head and got no leader factor beside being a violent maniac. Why do people follow him? Why has no one snapped and just shot him?

Is there any known fact how he manage to become a leader and uphold this and mass recruit so many psychos to be able to field an army? I mean, he is overconfident, a good ambush in Alexandria with a dozen shooters would have killed his whole gang, 1 RPG at his truck would kill off plenty too. Governor with his tank could have easily defeated Negans little brigade of hobos and soccer moms. Negan really got nothing going for him that Governor och Gareth didn't have. Hell I even think those two had more care for their people, Negans compound (from what we seen) Make their communities look like heaven and The Governor is a man who had a exterior of a charismatic man. He would prolly even defeat Negan in a fisticuff fight (He never lost a fight in the show, that maniac)

What is the secret to Negan? Or is it all just plot armour that a man got so much manpower he can block all roads out of Alexandria and move them with super precision to the point they walk out of the woods while trying to circle around his forces? Do he have a spy satellite?

I think Negan is one of the worst, yet one of the best Villians in TWD history. The worst is probably the retirement home latinos in Season 1 that where a short term villian.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Be kind to each other, on this glorious day of Thanks. Be kind to each other as if it was your last day on earth.

[​IMG]

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

If he really was a High School Gym Teacher and Coach then that is enough for me?
    All of his followers are just parents basement dwelling nerds and easily intimidated/manipulated.

That and he makes a very good strong Kool-Aid which he stirs with Lucille!

There are Rules:hatchet:

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I am not American, no such thing as Thanksgiving in the Nordic region of the world.

Also, those nerds are some bad ass killing nerds then, enough bad ass to probably have killed cops, soldiers, Gangs like Joes gang and worse things out there.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The most important lesson to remember on Thanksgiving Day:

[​IMG]

6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

:hatchet:

7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Didn't Carol handle the Terminus pretty much by herself? The Saviors would have wiped them clean before lunch.

8. PalmettoG27

PalmettoG27 Member

The Governors actual fighting unit was about the size of just one of Negan's outposts if they were lucky. The rest of the Woodbury residents were just a flock of sheep who had no clue how psycho he was until the very end. The Governors residents were willing residents who lived pretty well. where the residents at the Saviors compound are basically forced labourers working for points with Saviors keeping gem in line. Terminious was basically the Texas Chainsaw Massacers family all living in one large warehouse facility.

The Saviors are much more powerful then both of those groups as far as sheer numbers of fighters, weapons and have a better military style structer and leadership. As long as Negan surrounds himself with people at the top that he can trust his entire unit will grow and be a success.

Negan's downfall is going to be his ego and greed. He should have killed Rick's Group off when he had the chance. Instead he let them live so he could 'break' Rick then make them scavange around for supplies for him.

The Saviors have probably not met much resistance yet due to their overwhelming shows of force. But they are thugs and thugs only engage weaker targets. Once the odds become equal they will most likely crumble and fall apart. But it's going to take EVERYONE from ASZ, Hilltop, The Kingdom and whatever groups come in the picture to fight the Saviors. Right now the groups haven't even met and become allies it's a mutual interest to over throw the Saviors ........yet..........

#8 PalmettoG27, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  9. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

^ A post of mine from another thread about this topic. It's not hard to imagine how he'd keep his own in line. Tyrants like Joseph Stalin ruled for 3 decades while being surrounded by high ranking elite's in his own society that "should" have taken him out at various points.

As for getting resistance from the other communities -- did you not see Rick's group take out one of his outposts and likely a 3rd of his men? Did you not see the resentment there in the HillTop to where Gregory OKAY'd the deal for Rick to go take them out? Did you not see the resentment from Kingdom sending them tarnished pork? Did you not see Jesus jumping on the truck to ride along and find out where the main base of operation is?

The resentment is there to challenge him and will boil over, they just lack the coordinated numbers and resources to do so at this very moment. There was no doubt resistance in the past and The Saviors have a consistent way of going about business that would have happened over trial and error. None of this is plot armor or a hole or outlandish. Look at human history if you've got doubts about brutal charisma ruling over large swaths of powerful people.

Additional: The retirement home Latin Gang weren't "villains" at all. They were shown as good people pretending to be rough in the same episode.

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I still say they where villians to Ricks gang until the old lady showed up and they had a softer interior.

I just think a man like Negan, would have died long ago. Stalin was groomed to be leader and killed so much of his opposition early on. Negans background is still clouded. Negan would have had problem with both Terminus and The Governors settlement, forgot the name. Both of them where forts, the first pretty much built to ambush and shot from above. Negan lacks as of seen yet, heavy art which the Governor later on had in the shape of a tank. Carol took out Terminus cause of plot had to move forward and of course, a herd.

Negan has not yet showed he can work against larger numbers. Rick taking out an outpost like a commando team and the bikers that got blown to hell shows they are wild hounds, unorganised often and not ready for resistance. As you say, yes Negans arrogance will get him killed. 1 person losing it could sniped him outside Alexandria or a group of people laying in ambush with the RPG and rifles could taken out all of them.

I still like Negan, I over analyze it too. :)

11. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I know, Negan's such a puny bitch ass punk it's not even remotely funny but you're right the whole story line makes no sense.

Why didn't someone just snipe him right outside Alexandria when he came for his first visit?
    Plink, would've been done and over right then and there.
    All those tough lieutenants and other big biker men of his wouldn't know what to do without the big man there.
    Once the fear of Lucille and repercussion is gone?

But...
    He does have a sick and perverted rewards system in place, we saw evidence of that last week.
    That does suit the kind of people who would follow him and he seems to pick just them kind.
    He leaves the rest to 'govern' the villages from whom he collects reward.

But patience, my friend, we all know it takes more than three episodes to resolve such a tricky bitch situation.

12. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Negan is a Displacer Beast when it comes to taking him down (Google it if not sure what that is). I can recall several instances in the comics where Negan was pretty much done for, but walked away without a scratch (Lucille is another matter). It is like when Merle tried to shoot the Governor and Ben walked right in front of the bullet, but Negan owns that side of luck and has a stack of "Get out of Jail Free" cards in his pocket. He has had so many near-misses I still think he has a prototype military force field secreted away somewhere on his person.

I get it--Plot Armor--But it does create a sense of invincibility and mystery about Negan, as every time you think someone is going to put him down he walks away smiling and looking tougher than ever. There is probably more panels showing Negan barely avoiding an attack than panels showing people getting bit by walkers (Hyperbole ahoy!!), and I can only hope they keep that to a minimum in the show.

13. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

The saviors must sit around and draw straws to see who gets to change oil in the vehicles. A bunch of greasy mechanics for sure.

14. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

He really was.

15. yuke

yuke Member

I imagine in the early days Negan grew his empire by recruiting smaller groups of less than ten who wanted protection from larger numbers. They probably grew to their first one hundred this way. As they became bigger and were lacking enough resources to feed this large group, they started the tactic of, when they ran into new groups, they likely killed them and stole all their stuff. Realizing this was not sustainable, they started what they have eventually evolved into, an intimidation group that keeps other groups alive so that they Negan's group have a continuous source of supplies.

16. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of true story involving my Jr high school gym teacher. One time he divided class into 4 groups and we ran relay race obstacle course. Members of the group that came in last had to crawl through all the other kids legs over hardwood gym floor and the other kids could spank them (with hands) as they went though. At the end of line ,the gym teacher stood with his wooden paddle (I dont know if he had name for it) for a last lick at the hapless losers. Luckily the group I was in didnt come in last. There were some sadistic kids that got kicks out of swinging hard as they could. He couldnt get away with that today, would be fired and lawsuits. That guy would have made a perfect Negan.

17. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

When and where did you go to junior high school? 1938 Berlin?

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. jmobash

jmobash Member

Actually, past life as gym teacher breathes life into the believability for me too.

Those people were usually strict and demanding with set rules. A good portion were also intimidating and mean. However, I was never spanked in any school setting and I find it fascinating that it used to be a punishment.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

20. Steppin' Razor

Uhh... what the....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yc7NskErmE&ab_channel=Mcmunchly