Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1. tommycee

tommycee Member

That's a question that will be answered by a backstory id say. I dont think Negan wants or cares to seperate "then" from "now."
    I think he had a wife, who may have turned. Something that we could feel sorry for him for anyway.

I just have a feeling there is no deeper meaning behind the bandage/wrap, except for the fact that the show has modelled Negan direct from the comics and in the comics he was drawn with it and the bat to relate to him being a coach in the past.

Once again, i could be wrong, it could be an integral part of the show and his story.
    But i think we sometimes are looking for some deeper meaning that actually isnt there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Frankly, I would hope a writer wouldn't include such a detail if there was no point to it. It is actually kinda sloppy writing if not.

But I also realized I am kinda wanting an answer to the question as if I was the actor.
    I am a fat housewife now...but in the olden days of my youth I trained at some prestigious schools in NY and London and did NY theatre and tours. And, as an actor, there would NEED to be a point to it.
    So I guess maybe the question would be best answered by JDM's brain -- if he were here. He seems to prepare pretty carefully a lot (but not all) of the time. And I hope HE, at least, has a reason in his head as to why Negan is wearing it.
    I gotta try to get me to a walker con to ask questions like this. But I would be dissapointed if he didn't have an answer. Yet, at the same time...he seems so busy these days that I don't see the same preparation going into his scenes as we did during his first scenes.

Anyway...unless there is someone else here that wants to discuss acting technique, I'll stop ranting....

3. tommycee

tommycee Member

I understand where you're coming from, but IMO, in this instance, it's almost like asking why he wears a leather jacket? Answer: it's probably just his style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

That is a very valid point about the jacket.
    But it seems like the wrist band is "extra" a personal touch that doens't have to be there.
    He might wear the leather jacket because it offers a bit of protection and because it looks cool.
    But the wrist band would likely have a more personal reason...otherwise, why bother?
    Unless of course using Lucille has given him a serious case of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. jujulita

jujulita Member

I absolutely back the tattoo theory.
    And definitely something hugely identifiable.

6. carolsubmissive

carolsubmissive Active Member

I'm sure I remember a talking dead episode from season 6, in which Kirkman was on (possibly the finale) and he was asked a question about the bandage and gave a cryptic answer, as in we'll find out later on, I could just be making this up though lol

7. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

This completely makes sense in a writing/acting point of view.
    Great theory.

8. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

I remember hearing from somewhere that it was protection from Lucille when he "cradled" her in his arms.

9. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm pretty sure JDM said he has it because he saw it in the comics and wanted to use it on screen

10. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Oh yeah? Then he must have backstory reasons in his head...

11. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

If it is indeed a bandage like the ones used in sports, it might be simply to strengthen his arm. Negan seems to like fighting with Lucille much more than using a gun or something like that. I guess, if you are using a baseball bat on regular base, it would be recommended to use something to relief the arm a bit.
    But I do like the tattoo theory too. I'm pretty sure that Negans background story will come up at some point in the show .

• Like Like x 1
  12. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

I love the tattoo concept. I'd like to see it be something that totally puts his character's motivations in question...and helps us go "oh.... I can kinda see how that could be me in another life." Know what I mean?

13. Kay Oss

Kay Oss New Member

It’s proably fun a previous failed suicide attempt after he lost Lucile (the woman not the bat)

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have to say your sig gif this week is by far one of my favorites!

• Agree Agree x 1