Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No ammo.............

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by gavuk, Dec 18, 2016.

1. gavuk

gavuk Member

When Rick and Arron enter and search the houseboat they conclude that its got some supplies including a few guns but "no ammo" hence that's why the occupier has gone

This is just my own meanderings but if I was a target ie the boat full of supplies then its likely i'd stash the ammo elsewhere.. I'd also have at least two escape routes. For arguments sake lets say Rick and Arron are approaching from the front and kept occupied by the moat full of the undead then "boots" can slip quietly out the back in another boat onto the shore and watch them from a safe distance (sat next to his stack of ammo!!)

We know that "boots" has seen them on the boat and whether it belongs to whoever "boots" is is still being discussed on other threads.

Again this is random and slightly inspired by another thread on this episode but it would were to anchor the dead to the lake base effectively creating a barrier (that looks random but infact is quite strategic) you've created a mine field like effect that you can get through quickly but intruders like Rick and Arron cannot. Like I say just rambling meanderings

Thoughts appreciated

2. Jo1978

Jo1978 New Member

Good thinking! I still haven't made my mind up if 'boots' is the owner of the houseboat, but if he is your idea makes a lot of sense. He might have been impressed with Rick and Aaron getting through his 'mine field' and so followed them back to Alexandria to see what they're all about. OR he has actually run out of ammo and so, being impressed with them getting through his 'mine field' have followed them back to possibly join up for survival. If so, he's in for a great surprise when he realises they don't have any ammo and his guns have all been taken by Negan.

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a dead guy on the boat too?

4. Jo1978

Jo1978 New Member

Hmmmm... I missed that. Will need to re-watch and have another look.

5. gavuk

gavuk Member

You're right BUT what could look like a random walker in a boat could be parts of "boots" minefield. We already know two boats exist, the one with bullet holes that R and A used and the immaculate one with a walker in it plus life jackets,etc in it.

Damn here's another random thought. The walker boat had no water in it. I'm no nautical expert but a canoe without a cover soon fills with rainwater unless its being looked after and emptied and used regularly. My gut tells me that whether its "boots" or another person as the house boat occupier. They are still near by and very much alive and kicking.

6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

To me the lack of ammo kind of points to the walker in the tree stand being the owner of the house boat. He was up there with a bow, no rifle.

Or maybe the body on the houseboat was him. The biggest question would be the boats. The canoe looked like a trap, so I don't think that was his mode of transportation to the shore, and the Jon boat had too many holes to be useful. Unless he used it to get to shore and then shot it up.

The question would be how far did Rick and Aaron travel? I was under the impression they went out fairly far. Yet Spencer didn't get very far when he found the tree stand walker.

The geography makes no sense at times.

7. gavuk

gavuk Member

I don't disagree on any thing you're saying but I think on last weeks thread Neuro (TWD guru) informed me the tree walker and the house boat were a long way apart (and who am I to argue with a guru).