Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Non comic book characters

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by GreekSalads, Feb 29, 2012.

1. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Something tells me non comic book characters were really just an experiement for Frank Darabont back in season 1 to see how well they would do with the core characters. Daryl turns out to be extremely popular. Does anyone think there will be a new non comic book character that might live up to the legacy as Daryl or same as the other ones that end up being a follower or a planned death in the next episode. Getting tired of those ones, I want more new unexpected characters that last as long as Daryl.

2. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

well maybe they should start developing T-Dawg first. he been there since the second episode and he did more in that episode than the rest of the episodes combined. if not just off him

3. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Norman Reedus has had a huge fan base before ever playing the part of Daryl. This is the main reason for his chacater's successes. Things would have probably turned out different had they used a no name actor.

4. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

That's quite true. And then add on top of it, you have those like me, who honestly wasn't even aware of Reedus til the show who really appreciated the character. All ingredients for popularity.

5. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

If you like Norman Reedus, you really need to watch Boondoct Saints! The 1st one rules but part 2 wasn't bad either.

6. boutte

boutte Active Member

You'd think there'd be more than one black person. I mean they were right outside Atlanta. Even the walkers are 90% white.

7. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I'll have to check em out!

One of the things I like about Daryl is he reminds me of some of the friends I've got. One of the friends I've got hunts with a bow and arrow every year during season, and likes squirrel meat. lol Any rate, these friends would be the first ones I'd be collecting if in the event of a ZA or other kind of doomsday event. lol

8. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Yeah, I haven't heard of pretty much most of the actors until I saw the show. Except the actors who play Andrea(Laurie Holden) and Dale (Jeffery DeMunn) who were all in Frank Darabont's The Mist based off the Stephen King novel.

#8 GreekSalads, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  9. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

10. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard of anyone except Sarah Wayne Callies before the show. But now I am a huge Reedus/Daryl fan!

11. ShaneFan946

ShaneFan946 Active Member

Non comic book characters are AWESOME

-New Shane
    -Merle
    -Daryl
    -T-Dog
    -Vatos
    -Dave,Tony,Randal, their gang

all beast characters!!! Best idea ever

12. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Shane's chacater exist in the books...yes it's extended but not a new chacater.

13. ShaneFan946

ShaneFan946 Active Member

He's pretty much a new character.... he was in like 10 panels in the comic. had 0 development whatsoever. hes pretty much a new character at this point, same name yes but 80% different.

14. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Did Shane exist or not exist in the Comics? Yes or No?

Anyhow, I'm sorry for your lost.

15. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

Boondocks AWSOME!! some of it filmed in my nieghbourhood

16. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

i loooooove The Boondock Saints (1 & 2). the first is in my top 5 all time movies. the second was hilarious tho with Romeo ("i hail from a colorful people!"). when Reedus first appeared during the zombie eating the deer scene i almost got a hard on (no homo). i hated the character he played in Blade 2 tho.

i was thinking the same thing. but, thats America for ya. population wise were probly the most diverse country. but in the media, whiter than winter in canada.

17. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Ooo, why'd you mention Blade 2 lol

Ya, Boondock Saints 2 was hilarious Romeo!! But part one still owns all!

18. padawanne

padawanne Member

I did not know Norman Reedus before the show, but he is really effective as Daryl. He has the attitude, and he can act.

19. Voski

Voski Member

Boondock Saints 2 sucked. Don't get me wrong, I'll watc it because I love Boondock Saints .. but the second one doesn't even compare to the first one. The first one is a CULT CLASSIC!

Looks like Reedus will have a great fan base from here on out .. BS and now TWD.

20. Matt

Matt Member

Ehhhh. To be honest, I haven't cared much for the show's original characters. I find Daryl to be pretty bland, and Norman Reedus to be fairly unimpressive as an actor (I know I know, big gasp).

And of course T-Dog.....well.....I don't think I really need to say anythiing lol