Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Strength of the allied community force

Discussion in 'Ep. 716 - The First Day of the Rest of Your Life' started by Miamicuse, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

How many do they have? Not total population but just those who are able to fight and use weapons.

Ten from each group on average? I think the Kingdom has 7-8 including carol and morgan, plus Shiva. Hilltop has like 8-10? Including Maggie, Jesus and Enid. Alexandria has may be a dozen? That's not a big number. It seems the garbage gang brought like 50 to the fight.

They are still vastly out numbered, I guess you can explain the GPK retreated because they didn't want to die for Negan, they just wanted to get whatever deal they made by snitching.

So now this 30 strong allied force is healing and doing motivational speeches and Negan is mounting an attack with his big army.

What are they going to do to protect the old young and weak that stayed behind in their respective communities? They would be defenseles?

I am guessing they should be mounting a surprise attack instead of waiting for Negan to show up?

Now is the time for Rick to find that army of walkers he lead out of Alexandria and lead them to the Sanctuary.

This entire season the walkers kind of faded into the background in that they became less of a threat, they just kill a few each episode but no one was ever in any danger of being threatened by them. Time to bring the walkers back into the show to tip the balance.

2. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Agreed, the "alliance" is alittle thin on wo(man) power. Maybe Rick will luck into some heavy weapons. As for the walkers rn't a big part, id imagine the few who manage to survive would be DAMN good at killing zombies. Itd be like u have to play basketball to live. The last few people standing will be able to BALL.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Without the trash people they are severely undermanned. Also outgunned as they lost a bunch of guns when the trash people took off and they wasted a lot of ammo.

They also no longer have the element of surprise as Negan now knows all three are fighting together. It would have been a smart tactic IF they killed Negan. But in the end all they managed to do is kill a few saviors, along with losing some of their own.

I would say the trash people will join Negan but I don't think we will see them again until the middle of season 8 when they return as the whisperers.

4. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i think that overall the Kingdom and the Hilltop have more fighters, but probably didn't bring them all along at this point. you have to keep your homes defended a little bit at least. regardless, i dont think the size of the forces are too overwhelming that Rick's group wouldn't stand a chance. if they strategize better than the opposition, i think they will be fine with the amount of weapons they now have from Oceanside.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

It wasn't just the strength of the opposing forces. Part of the strength on Rick's side was that Negan did not know that Hilltop and the Kingdom would be joining the fight against him. He knew he had the trash pile kids on his side, ready to betray Alexandria. From what Negan knew every advantage was in his court.

And he did. It was all going down as Negan planned it, with the one exception, the surprise of Sasha, but he took that in stride.

He didn't lose the advantage until the surprise attack of Hilltop and the Kingdom. That's when his plan fell apart, forcing him to retreat.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

The 'alliance' has fewer fighters but they are of better quality (ie better motivated for the cause, better bonded with each other,...).
    Secondly, the 'alliance' has Dwight as an undercover and even perhaps Eugene will make a significant contribution.
    Thirdly, I think the Oceanside women will come to their senses to help Rick.
    I can think of these 3 factors, at least.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I am not sure the "better quality" you speak of is a clear advantage or disadvantage.

In a real battle when one holds a gun to a friend's head Rick's group will be more likely to yield to save one of their own (although the one being held hostage would be more likely to sacrifice ala Sasha also Tara at Oceanside with the grandma putting a gun on her head). Where Negan's group is much more likely to say go ahead we don't care.

Rick's group also has a disadvantage in that there are old and weak at the Alexandria, Hilltop and Kingdom mostly defenseless and can't go into hiding, and will be easy pickings for Negan to go wipe them out just to shaken them up. I don't think Rick's group would go and murder women/children/elderly on Negan's side, or perhaps Negan doesn't have any weak members as they all have to be "useful".

I am thinking the only way for Rick's group to prevail now is some sort of an internal rebellion of Negan's group, that some of the folks there are more like Dwight and they see a chance to escape Negan's thumb.

8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Do we have an idea how many outposts (and their individual strengths) Negan has?

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its a bit bigger than 30, but still they are outnumbered by the saviors. There are the 10 people in Rick's core group, plus maybe 15 or more people people at Alexandria that we've seen them training. The group they were training at Hilltop was about 15 people, plus there were a handful more that we saw when Enid when around asking for help. At the Kindgom we've seen groups of as many as 15+ people marching as if in military training, with other people practicing archery and such in the background.

I'd say if they left a minimal amount behind, as they felt needed, to protect the communities, they probably have about 50 to 60 active people that they could bring to a battle. Maybe more. We haven't seen everybody. Even if they have 80, they are still outnumbered by Negan's men, which I'm guessing we are meant to believe still has 150-200+ fighters if you count the people manning outposts.

If they convince Oceanside to fight in S8, they might top 100 strong.

So, as always, it will come down to tactics. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Funion The Barbarian

Funion The Barbarian Active Member

The one thing we do know is that every time there has been a firefight between the Saviors and Rick's group, Rick's group has won or forced a retreat. I don't think the Saviors are very good fighters.

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

What cracks me up is they live near DC. Shouldn't there be scores of tanks and Apache helicopters and F-18s and Patriot missile batteries for them to scavenge and really do this war right?

Oh what? Is someone here going to tell me that the average person can't just climb into a fighter jet or an M2 Bradley and operate it with ease? pfffft. Come on! ;-)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Perhaps Gregory surprises everyone and gets back with a little army, showing that he can contribute to the community.. At least, this would be a nice surprise.
    Or what about Heath? He might return with some help.

Rick's advantage is that they have become very creative on their journey of survival because they have never been an army but always had to fight with what they had, improvising through the situation.
    I guess this war will become a very interesting one.

13. John from Hemet

John from Hemet New Member

Rick and group have some experience herding walkers to their advantage......might come into play in some form or another.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

One more thing about the Saviors. They have numbers but that us all they have. It is easy to take them by surprise with strategy. Wr all know that if it weren't for those snakes out of the garbage, the Saviors would have been blown to bits and Eugene with them. Yeah they have those outposts and numbers which are intimidating. But they have not shown that they are good fighters in a gun fight. So unless they are ever at full force, they can be beaten.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

16. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I wonder about Heath from time to time. Certainly they would have revealed his demise if it had happened and he were to never return, right?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I think they should kill him off, didn't he leave to film for one of the new King Kong movies?

18. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Easier to kill a one headed dragon than a 3 headed one. All they have to do is get negan

19. gavuk

gavuk Member

Yep i agreed, kill Negan with a well placed bomb or a sniper hit BUT from a viewers perspective/fan of the show perspective it would be boring and bring the whole show to a close.

TWD franchise want a lot more £££/$$$ before this cash cow is put out to pasture!!