Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Swear- Guess the Ratings!

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Closest guesser gets nerdnapped straight from their toilet and driven to the remote locale of Remote, Idaho, where you will be duct taped to the FlamboyaRound, the world's only Merry-Go-Round where the horses are replaced with flamboyant people! Except for one, which is replaced by Jared Fogle. Riding atop Paul Reubens, you will be pitted in a race to the death against @Jen7, riding Andy Dick. [MENTION=107612]DragonRacer[/MENTION], while on a megahigh from recently winning Publisher's Clearing Housing Project Sweepstakes, and also from an Elmer's Glue overdose, will pull the lever, setting the FlamboyaRound in motion. You and Jen7 will whip your Flamboyant celebrity's behind with sugar cane, as you endlessly circle the machine, with no hope of outdoing each other, and listening to Sacha Baron Cohen scream "a-this a-wasn't what Borat meant when he said 'circle jerk'"....."AHA! I know you are but what am I??"...."Shut up, Pee Wee!". Each time you circle around to the front of the ride, @PepperAnn shoots balls of lice at you from a machine gun, and balls of 'down-below lice' at you from a sling shot. This cycle continues until either everyone involved dies of exhaustion and exposure, or Rip Taylor has diarrhea.

If Fogle survives the ordeal, he gets left in a honeymoon suite with Macaco Tiao.

Second closest guesser gets knox blocks.

Tara bottle......not the casual TWD's viewer's best friend, unfortunately. I'll say 11.07 million.

2. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

9.9 million. Or less.

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

[MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION], I always come away from reading your prizes with my ears bleeding. lol

10.6 million.

4. ThoseBackPages

5. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

10.98 mil

Let the record show that I do not enjoy posting such a low number

7. WalkerHill

WalkerHill Active Member

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

:zombies_blush::zombies_blush::zombies_blush:

9. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Wow, tough crowd. Last week my guess was the lowest at 11.0.

I'll say 10.60. It would not surprise me if it was even lower. TWD desperately needs an engaging bounce back episode.

10. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

It just keeps getting worse and worse. 7.5 million

11. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Funny, Andy announced today that he's rescheduling his 2016 comedy tour and dedicating most of time to world peace.

13. EvieE

EvieE Member

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Numbers are in and again the show slides deeper down the rabbit hole

10.4 million with a 4.9 18-49 demo

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

***Numbers in red are the adjusted ratings AFTER the +3 numbers are taken into account***

From 602 to 702 there was a 280,000 increase in total viewers (same day)

From 603 to 703 there was a 1.38 mil decrease in total viewers (same day)

From 604 to 704 there was a 1.9 mil decrease in total viewers (same day)

From 605 to 705 there was a 1.44 mil decrease in total viewers (same day)

From 606 to 706 there was a 2.47 mil decrease in total viewers (same day)

Looking at the numbers at what point do the execs at AMC pull Gale Ann Hurd, David Alpert and Robert Kirkman into the office and ask "what are we going to do about these numbers?"

I suppose the argument could be made that it is too soon to pull TPTB into offices and demand a turning of the tide. But the numbers do not lie, they are declining each week. Is this to be expected for a show in its 7th season? If so, shouldn't the downturn have leveled off rather than taking a significant nose dive with episode 6? Is it possible that the content of episode 6 added to the larger decrease in total viewer number?

I will be very curious to see what the ratings are for next week when we get an episode that goes between numerous characters
    [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] I am counting on you to put this into perspective!! :D

16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

So given the ratings right now, what do you guys think would have happened if they would have done Glenn & Abe's death in the season finale of season 6? 701 was obviously huge because everyone wanted to know who got Lucilled...but had they done it at the end of season 6 do you think people would have gotten over it and forgotten to watch?

As much as i hate to say it, because i'm usually all about character development and I've never been one to hate bottle episodes...i think they need to get back to more all-encompassing episodes that go from group to group. It seems to be what the people want. I can see what they are trying to do this season, and I appreciate it, but i don't think the average viewer who doesn't obsess over the show & comics really appreciate it lol.

#16 Jen7, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  17. WalkerHill

WalkerHill Active Member

Ready to get nerdnapped.

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think it is a combination of many things:

• The show is in its 7th season, losing viewers is not unusual (up to a point)
    • I do think that they lost a fair number of viewers due to not only the level of violence in the premier but also who was killed in the premier. Personally I disagree with those as being reasons to stop watching but as you stated in your response, those of us who are beyond being the average viewer are more willing to accept those types of decisions and outcomes.
    • It does seem that the bottle episodes are not liked by a great many but would people stop watching because of that? I suppose it is possible, although again I myself disagree with that as being a reason to stop.
    I am not a critic of bottle episodes, not someone who is going to climb the mountain to scream and yell about them. But I do agree that they have been overdone this season. Lets face it, there are a great many viewers who watch for one or two characters. While I have my favorites (*cough Rick cough Jesus cough*) I would never NOT watch an episode based on who or who was not in the episode.

19. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I have to say that I'm a little concerned about the drop in the ratings. Just because I want the shows success to continue. A successful show is a longlasting show. Maybe the violence in 701 really did cause people to stop watching. I still think most of them will be back though.

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Only found (with limited search effort) live +3 ratings for season 6 episodes #2 and #3

Episode 602, after factoring in live +3 numbers, stood at total viewership of 17.08 million. That puts it at .23 over episode 702

Episode 603, after factoring in live +3 numbers, stood at total viewership of 18.2 million. That puts it at 1.98 mil over episode 703

And while that last number received a *gasp* from me, I had to take it a step or more.

The live +3 numbers between episodes 2 and 3 for seasons 6 and 7:

602: 17.08 million
    603: 18.20 million

Diff: 1.12 million

702: 16.85 million
    703: 16.22 million

Diff: .63

So while the ratings are definitely lower for season 7, and I only found data for 2 episodes of season 6 - the drop off rate between them is less for 702/703 than it was for 602/603