Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tara's boating lie

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by Morgotha, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Why would Tara make up such a stupid a lie about being on a fishing boat when going to an ocean community where anyone who has been on a boat would know she's lying right off the bat?

Why not just say you were in a group that started out going to the CDC, talk about Jenner, talk about Terminus and the Governor, etc., talk for hours if you want and say the rest of your group got killed off except you and Heath, that you were near starving at this point and were looking for food and got separated on the bridge? She could have talked all day and told the truth and the group might have warmed to her and not wanted to kill her without giving away anything at all about Alexandria.

She's in no rush to get home, spending a week or two there before running away would have been more productive.

2. Deadpool

Deadpool Member

Under pressure you tend to make mistakes and speak before you think.

3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Cut her some slack! She was in a camp full of women while still being a lesbian. Maybe she was shy. Maaaaaybe she was thinking it was all a delightful dream and if she lied to them, they would "punish" her with a sponge bath. No one really knows. But what we do know, is that she hit the jackpot.

Uhhh, what was this thread about again?

4. Heriot of Fire

She must've felt like Sir Galahad at Castle Anthrax.
    It would've been too perilous to stay.

5. Ink

Ink New Member

Did you miss the part where she was being chased by dozens of people shooting at her?

6. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

She isnt a very good liar for sure.

7. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

She needed to channel her inner Jon Lovitz but coldn't think of it fast enough,yeah,yeah,thats the answer!

8. Steppin' Razor

Also if you're gonna lie... don't lie about something that the first question you're asked about it outs you as lying lol. This is Lying 101.

9. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

That was a pretty stupid lie. I guess she doesn't think quick on her feet.

10. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I'm a little fuzzy and don't honestly remember the dialogue. Maybe she lied in an attempt to appear to have some kind of common ground with them - to appear "not so different from you" kind of thing?

She did give up some personal info and backround during the dinner. The others seemed to warm to her but I don't think it mattered because that's not how they operate as we saw in the end - if she chose to leave they were going to kill her because "they have to". It wasn't personal, I think they all liked Tara and knew she was a good person, but they take no risks *ever*, and after her admission that her group killed the Saviors at that outpost it probably amplified their concerns about being found. And in all honesty, they are probably right...no one is going to be surprised if Tara breaks her promise

I agree with you - she should have agreed to stay and play along, and then escaped after they let their guard down.

11. AdamPH1974

AdamPH1974 Member

Hahaha!! Brilliant. "Spankings, you must spank us all..!!!"

12. Morgotha

With the women having a background of having all their men killed and being very paranoid of outsiders, I was surprised they didn't shoot her on the spot. After she was given food, water, and a weapon by one of their own, I'd think an honest person would walk up to the camp with their hands up and say, "hello! thanks for the food, I'll repay you with work or something if I can, but I really appreciate it" or the honest person would be afraid and just leave immediately when they could stand without talking to the people in the camp at all. I do NOT think the honest person would go sneaking in to their camp and get caught looking at their *armory*! That seems more like the work of a spy. IMO it would have made more sense for them to shoot her.

13. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

It seemed they did try pretty hard to shoot her, but apparently are piss poor shots, lol.
    I can't really blame Tara for her cautious approach, she really had no idea what she might be walking into. I think if she hadn't been spotted prematurely, she would have revealed herself eventually.

Once they had her cornered, I think they hesitated because Tara had spared one of their people and because Cyndie kind of intervened. And maybe a little curiosity as to how Tara was able to find them

I wondered why Tara didn't try to engage Cyndie when she was alone on the beach after she left her the food, water and a weapon, but I guess again I can't really blame her for being leery. We see at the end they were going to shoot her anyway.

14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Huh? Tara never met Jenner or went to the CDC. It would be impossible to make up a lie about events you weren't at and most likely barely know anything about. That's just stupidity and even more obvious lying. She probably has more knowledge on fishing boats than she does about the CDC.

15. Morgotha

LOL! You're right. I just associated her with Rick's group. It's been awhile. I still think she would have been better off basically telling the truth about everything, almost up to the current date. She could even say, "Our town got overrun by the biggest horde of walkers we've ever seen, the walls we're broken down and most people died" and that she and Heath escaped. What really would she be giving away? Most importantly, since it's true, she'd be believed.

16. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Wasn't a great idea, no. Usually I'd say lie about something you know-- a half-truth is easier to keep up with than a complete lie.