Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why is Rick's group not curious?

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by offrope, Feb 24, 2014.

1. offrope

offrope Active Member

Maggie/Sasha/Bob are looking for Glenn. Glenn/Tara are looking for Maggie. Daryl/Beth and Ty/kids are looking for anyone. But it seems that the Rick/Carl/Michonne group has no curiosity about anyone else, nor are they making any effort to reconnect. Why would that be?

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Rick's too badly hurt. Michonne's mental issues have appeared. And Carl is upset that Rick stopped being a leader.

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

Who do they need to find? They think Judith is dead, and really none of them are attached to any of the other group members. They've no reason to look for anyone.

4. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

Rick's 'mission' is his family. Lori is dead. Nothing left of Judith but a bloody car seat. And Carl is with him. That's it. I think he is happy Michonne is there but he would not have gone looking for her or anyone else. Carl is what he has left.

5. cakebythepound

They seem to believe everyone is dead. If Rick hadn't found Carl, I think he would be doing what Maggie and Glenn are doing, but they were lucky enough to not get separated. And I like to think Michonne found the family she needed as well.

6. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

Michonne already followed the tracks that she could find leading out of prison, it led her to Rick and Carl. On finding them, they probably told her that they were alone with no one else. So in fact, they might of both incorrectly assumed this to mean that everyone else is dead.

7. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I don't think that they aren't looking for anyone else it's just where would you begin to look? None of them are great trackers and have no clue where to begin looking. They don't know who was on the bus who left on foot it's no where to begin to look.

8. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

On second thought, They must of saw the bus leave, I wonder if they plan on rendezvousing with where the bus was destined to go.

9. luvmichonne

luvmichonne Member

As said previously, I think they just don't know where to start. The only reason they aren't searching frantically like Glenn is because there isn't anyone they want that bad that they believe is alive.

10. sneakyboo

sneakyboo Member

I felt that the reason they never looked is because they were nowhere near the others when it all went down, most of the others were up near the main building in the prison while fighting, they know that people escaped in various directions and are therefore trying to fine each other.
    Rick and Carl were down the field, Rick was already beaten to a pulp when the evacuations were taking place so he didn't see anyone go anywhere. Michonne was outside the fence so was also to far away and it only really showed her going up the field to wear the Governor was. When Rick and Carl reached the prison everyone was already gone and they were devastated by Judiths loss.
    I completely agree with you, they didn't know who to find or who got out or even which direction they went... at that moment they needed to sort themselves out first.
    I feel the only reason Michonne tracked Rick and Carl is because they were the only ones she even saw surviving the initial contact with the Governor.

11. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

because they had to find shelter..food..gain strength regroup

12. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

I have a feeling they will all be reunited.

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that they don't want to find everyone, just that Rick's main priority is keeping Carl safe. Everyone else is scattered and he probably doesn't want to put Carl in danger for the slim chance that they might find someone. Don't forget that Carol and Tyreese are following the tracks to Sanctuary, too. Like Rick, their main priority is finding somewhere safe for the children.

I'd imagine that over the coming episodes, most groups would be following the tracks in search of safety, especially if there's a community out there. Maybe they'll all go there in the hope that the others have had the same idea.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

They were just resting up a bit so rick could heal and be strong enough to go out and start searching for others...Rick said something like Let's just stay until we come up with a plan.

15. dmizzle26

dmizzle26 Member

Im sure they have wondered if anybody else has made just like the rest of the group has But Ricks main focus has always been his family Him and Carl both thinks Judith is dead but they have eachother thats whats important to them now and they both have Michonne in which other than Daryl she was the closest to them and they the closest to her as far as feelings and caring go

And you have to think for them If they survived they feel people like Daryl and Tyreese might have survived too

16. Wicklowwolf

Wicklowwolf Member

Rick needed to recover from his injuries. He had barely done so when those bandits showed up. He simply wasn't able to make any plans.

17. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

It's just more plot induced stupidity, why don't they have two-way radios? I bought my nephews a set of three that have a 30 mile range. And don't give me crap about no electricity to charge the batteries, there are solar batter chargers they could use. Hell Woodbury had a solar electrical system they could have taken parts of.

More plot induced stupidity, Woodbury HAD a solar electrical system that had enough spare juice to make ice cubes but they didn't have radios!

What do I mean by "plot induced stupidity"? The writers wanted the group to be split up and if they had radios they would have been able to regroup and that would ruin their plot. So the characters have to do things that are stupid (in this case not have radios) in order not to ruin the plot.

18. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

To be honest, how could they have started looking yet? Michonne, maybe, but Rick was badly hurt when they got to the house and no way he would let Carl take off looking for anyone alone. And another point is - where do you even start? They are all scattered, heck, they might even believe everyone is as good as dead already.

19. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

They know they could be anywhere. Dead, or alive. If they knew Judith is alive, they would have been on different place, not looking for Sanctuary.

20. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Yup, it's just because Rick was recovering. Once they saw the sign to terminus, I think they are thinking they might find some others from the group there.

While you have a valid point, would they really have been carrying their 2 way radios and the chargers in their pockets when the governer attacked? Only Glenn would have been able to retrieve his, assuming they kept their radios and the batteries in their cells while they were chillin at the prison. Not sure it would have done anything to the plot even if they had them..........

#20 Spidey, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014