Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

X

Discussion in 'Episode 906 - Who Are You Now?' started by Dnae, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Are we not going to chat about the "X" scar on Michonne's back?

When did that happen?

Is that a scar she had before the turn? Did this happen during the 6 year time jump?

If this happened during the 6 year time jump then why? who? when?

And could this scar and its origins be the reason we see a hardened Michonne? A Michonne who is behaving quite the opposite from the Michonne before the massive time jump. It appears as though our Michonne with Rick is quite different now that she is Michonne single parent. I get that the loss of Rick devastated her but it just seems out of character that Michonne would become so callous due to the loss of Rick. I would think that would actually spur her on to finding new people, to being open. To fulfill their dream of a better world.

Did they welcome a group into the community that proved to be far less than trustworthy? Is this how she came to acquire her scar? And in a cruel twist of irony is this the reason we see the current version of Michonne. Is this why she is once again in an intense defense mode, to protect at all cost and not trust anyone other than her core group?

#1 Dnae, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

If the X scar is something bad happened to Michonne causing her to distrust new comers, then it seems odd that the show reveals this X scar to us at a moment when she woke up from a night sleep and put on a shirt (Rick's shirt) and rode out to accompany Magna's group to the Hilltop community. I mean, if she still distrusts Magna group, it is hard to believe that she is leading them to Hilltop (ie her friends' home).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I do think that up until Michonne has her chat with Judith (on the stairs) that she does not trust anyone enough to live in Alexandria.

Magna earned some points in returning the concealed weapon/necklace

But I think it was the conversation she had with Judith that gave her pause. When Judith shares that she is beginning to forget their voices but that she hopes Michonne still hears them - WOW that was a wonderful moment.

Hearing the voices of Rick and Carl, not in the literal sense, but hearing/remembering their hopes and vision of the future. While I do not believe that it magically healed all of the wounds that Michonne has suffered over the past 6 years I do think it gave her pause to try and find a way to help Magna's group - hence the option of Hilltop

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I think they were attacked and the "X" happened then. Maybe they trusted the wrong people and this is why they do not let anyone in anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

This is what I am thinking also

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I think the X has something to do with prisoners, and why Michonne doesn’t trust them. I also think this is before the ZA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  7. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Is it a coincidence that her scar is in a similar spot to Rick's wound from episode 5?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Another thought I had.

The one thing I am certain of......I am intrigued!

9. offrope

offrope Active Member

Since no one saw the rebar incident, and there was no body recovery, they would not have known the location or type of injury he had. Also, on that line of thought, where did the Python come from? When Jadis found him, he clearly had the holster on. It was hard to tell if the revolver was in it, but the holster was definitely being worn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Luxi Turna

Luxi Turna New Member

YES!
    I missed that; thank you, offrope!

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Kang talked about this last night on Conan. Its another group that came along who marked their victims with a letter. The wolves were marking everyone with W's and this new group was the Xylophones. They come running at you like this:

to make you think their intention is just to bring some music into your life, and then they get you all X'ed up.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Luxi Turna

Luxi Turna New Member

Well, obviously he dropped it during the explosion and they found it near the bridge.

It seems strange though, to give a piece that big to an 11 y.o. girl. I'm intimidated by my Ruger .22 target pistol!

Presumably it's loaded or carrying it would be silly. So she carries a nice gun and bullets around when bullets are so scarce that nobody uses them. Any adult that saw her could grab it since a loaded gun is precious. In fact, the way things seem now, any stranger would just kill her on sight for that gun.

#13 Luxi Turna, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  14. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I thought it was self-inflicted, it's too "sharp" to be a real scar, no?

15. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

Greg Nicotero said in an interview that much has happened over the last few years that the viewers do not know about and that will be part of the fun for the viewer this season will be learning what happened and what has made the characters change. They will be slowly revealing things.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Especially if you think of the short timespan the Negan arc and All Out War took place, a LOT could have potentially happened in this 6 year time jump.

• Like Like x 2
  17. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

And that Luke fella from the new group was a music teacher, so no wonder Michonne is on high alert! He's clearly connected to the Xylophones...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Looks like something done purposefully; ie not a wound. It was too "clean" an X to be a random strike(s). Also doesn't look like anything surgical as in an operation to remove something. Since it was such a definite screen shot, I'm sure we'll find out in due time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, I figure they brought someone in who turned on them and attacked them. Probably connected to why the groups aren't really working together and maybe even connected to why Daryl is on his own.

20. Sully

Sully Active Member

While I do think a lot of things happened in the time jump, I also think things have been relatively quiet for them in the last few years. And this is kind of picking things up where things get crazy again.

I also agree that the X might be from before the ZA.

• Agree Agree x 1