Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Yes you go Eugene!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 714 - The Other Side' started by 8307c4, Mar 20, 2017.

1. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I knew he was seriously really Negan when he said he was last episode.
    To him it wasn't a game, no backhanded treachery.
    Negan has his right hand man.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sully

Sully Active Member

From what I gathered I think in Eugene's ****ed up head he finally feels like he belongs somewhere.

Basically, he was treated like shit his entire life and always taking orders. Now he's at the Sanctuary and people are listening to him, some people even fear him.

It's incredible what the smallest amount of power could do to a human being, especially one like Eugene who has never gotten it before. I'd reference it to the Stanford Prison study, the experiment where some testers were prisoners in a fake prison but the others were guards. They all acted like friends at first but soon enough the guards got really abusive and out of control.

Eugene definitely is loving this new found authority and power. People are finally looking up at him and not down. I thought at first that Eugene was playing an angle, but whenever Rosita thought the same thing it was almost like a clue that he wasn't. He has turned over to the dark side.

So now the question is, will Eugene come to his senses and realise that these are not good people? Maybe with Sasha possibly prisoner there he will. But right now I think he's loving it way too much to walk away.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

nah. i bet eugene needs to stay there to act on a plan to kill negan from the inside. unlike rosita and sasha, eugene has the sense to wait for the right moment.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

That would certainly be a neat twist to things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I agree with this.

Eugene is enjoying the power he has, well, the illusion of it anyway! He might change his mind once Sasha & Rosita are caught though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if Eugene didnt leave because he figured Negan would angrily punish other people in Alexandria even if Eugene did make a clean escape and could hide.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Eugene has to know that they are looking for Daryl and are relentless. He must think about what a sucky life Daryl is having now. Eugene wouldn't want to be the one in that spot. If he left, he'd be on the run too, no place to go, very possibly on his own, it would be a death sentence for him. I think he is terrified if he left and they caught up to him (remember how Negan fired the doctor) and he is terrified if he left and they didn't catch him. He looses either way.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I don't think he's planning to kill Negan. I think he's scared that if he leaves with them Negan will just capture him anyway. It was stupid for Rosita and Sasha to even suggest they were rescuing Eugene since they were supposedly on a one way assassination/suicide mission.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. batongal

batongal Active Member

When the all powerful sock monkey drops out of the pocket Eugene will fall from grace.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I think it's a combination. He's scared to leave knowing he can't defend himself and be on the run. He likes the power and respect. I hope I'm wrong but he sure looks like he is drinking the kool-aid!

11. Lindigo

yeah, maybe not planning to kill negan, but i think hoping to undermine the saviors in some fashion.

upon reflection, eugene may realize rescuing him was just a lucky break and that they had a different reason to show up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. walkon

walkon Active Member

Are we selling Eugene short. Don't you think that Abraham meant more than that to Eugene? I hope that it's more than just wishful thinking on my part and there's a good reason he stayed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Eugene is gonna do whatever keeps his butt covered. We have seen that before with the big lie he told everyone about Washington. He's just doing it again, even though he has redeemed himself some.

He is super scared of Negan, but also enjoying the power he has over everyone. I think the moment it clicked for Eugene is when he cut to the front of the line at the sanctuary and everyone listened. He is eating it up now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Znuts

Znuts Member

I think they're trying to get the viewers to believe right now that Eugene has turned his back on the group and is now totally allegiant to Negan, but I am pretty sure that is just to throw us off their writing trail. I still think Eugene is waiting for the right time to strike and his plan could be taking a while. All the orders he is making to other Saviors about fixing things up around the Sanctuary could be him getting the Saviors to unknowingly set up traps for themselves or something like that. I do think Eugene is legitimately enjoying his status in the mean time though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Eugene isn't a coward anymore, he has proven to be a fighter and survivor.
    So now with the Saviors listen to him and respecting him he has no reason to change to the dark side but could as well work on plans in order to destroy the Saviors from the inside and help others to defeat them.
    My guess is, knowing that Rick and the others won't play that sick game for long and sooner or later attack, he might want to make sure that some of those who are not brutal psychos but actually victims themselves are safe.

It's just odd that, if so, he didn't tell Sasha and Rosita that he better stays. Instead he just cried and ran away.
    I hope they don't change Eugene and make him a traitor on the show, because it would be implausable and out of character.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

You are both wrong, so very wrong. Josh McDermitt played it extremely well, but obviously it was still too subtle for some people... :rolleyes:

It is obvious that he is playing to Negan's trust in order to execute a plan of his own, and Sasha and Rosita suddenly showing up there is messing up with his plans, hence his reaction. You will see.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

After last night's episode I'm starting to think maybe he's just adapting to a sh*tty situation the best way he knows how, which is to use his brain and make Negan think he's a Doctor Smarty Pants like he did with Abe back in the day so he can survive. I don't think he is truly "Negan" like he says, and he may enjoy some of the authority he's been given but i don't think he would choose to be there. I think even with the progress he has made, he's still pretty cowardly and he's just doing what he needs to do to make the least amount of waves as possible. When Sasha & Rosita showed up unexpectedly, his emotion came out right away...he wanted to leave with them but he knew all hell would break loose, and he (or others) would get killed. So i think he's just doing what he feels like he has to do.

18. Sully

Sully Active Member

Maybe. I think no matter what, in the end, Eugene will side back with Team Family. But right now at this very moment I think, psychologically Eugene is actually enjoying being with the Saviors and having this false sense of power. This was Negan's plan from the start. Why didn't he take Daryl and put him into a role like this? Because it wouldn't work, Daryl doesn't give a shit about having power or authority. But Eugene is absolutely loving it.

Maybe you're right and maybe it is some sort of deep plan, but why wouldn't he tell Sasha and Rosita that? The way he reacted was almost like he didn't even know them anymore.

However, I will say that when Sasha and Rosita were in the building listening on the radio...it definitely seemed like he was very over the top with saying he was Negan. Like he was really emphasizing it so much that it seemed fake, so maybe you guys are right.

But this is a very pivotal point of Eugene's character arc in my opinion because we don't know for sure. He hasn't redeemed himself yet from the Washington lie in my opinion, we still don't fully trust him or his loyalty. If it was Rick, or Daryl, or Carol, or Sasha, or Maggie, or Glenn, or anyone of the other main characters then we'd know for sure they would be planning something. But Eugene hasn't earned that yet for us, and the decisions he makes in this arc will either earn him that for me or will totally burn it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lindigo

personal integrity and poker-faced guile have meshed for eugene. go, eugene!

20. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

Eugene has no integrity. He's an opportunist. He took advantage of Abraham and Rosita and will play out this situation for all it's worth. His "redemption" was fight or flight and temporary. Other than the one time when the horde of walkers invaded Alexandria, he has never had to fight.

Nick