Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Z Nation

Discussion in 'Horror TV Shows' started by and138, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Who s watching Z Nation..

They already made reference to Walking Dead. "Ex-cop in a prison in Georgia..." Bus reminded me of the prison escape too. Wondering how much else will be ripped off.

2. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll watch the first episode, I expect it to be cheesy though..

3. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I'm just starting to watch it now... 5 minutes in. Spoilers ahead if you haven't watch it!!

#23 CheesyBirdMess, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

So far this is a huge ball of cheese. The baby zombie was worthy of a Saturday morning cartoon or maybe a Grandson of Chucky movie. I expected it to start doing back flips and scream "you may have won this time, Inspector Gadget, but next time.......next time....bwaahahahahaha". And the female who demanded that the guy in the wheelchair from Oz go back into a building by himself to kill a baby zombie, just so she could feel better about herself, and then when the guy in the wheelchair from Oz dies because she demanded he do that, and 30 seconds later, instead of feeling guilty, she's acting like a cocky badass with a gun... I would have punched her so hard in the face that she'd probably have teeth mixed in with her boogers. It would be like a teeth and booger salad, which would be a problem, because to be totally honest, I'm not sure what type of wine you could pair that with. I'm fairly good at matching sweet wines with different types of dessert, and some wine and cheese combos are just a no brainer...but a booger-teeth salad....I wouldn't know where to begin. And don't even get me started on choice of vinaigrette...

Yeah, definitely head cheese so far....

#24 Neuropyramidal, Sep 13, 2014
  5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

So I just got home and watched it...and agree with everything you guys have said so far.

At first I was really into it. I liked that it was different from TWD because the zombies are fast, more like "the infected," and the show was looking at the ZA from the POV of whatever authorities were left. I also liked how the culture of the communities of survivors was represented, like the ceremony they had for the mercy killing of the older lady (though I'm not clear on why it was her time to die) and the "door-to-door" weapons salesmen.

But then the second half! WTF? Clearly the zombie baby was thrown in because someone just thought it would be cool to have one. And even before army dude got killed, I was wondering why he would put his super important secret mission in jeopardy to kill the zombaby. Why didn't the woman whose idea it was go in to do it? And then when he was killed, it totally took me by surprise, and I yelled at my TV, "Are you f***ing telling me that we got ONE EPISODE of Harold Perrineau?!?!"

And then the rest of them continue on with the super important secret mission because some disembodied voice on the radio told them to? And then the creepy dude was like, "Hey, I have no idea who you are or why you saved my life, mysterious sniper guy, but do you want a ride?" And so the sniper guy hops in the back of the truck, and no one else asks who he is, etc.

6. Neuropyramidal

Thank you for being sane. ;).

This is the kind of junk I would expect to find if Kim Kardashian was a horror writer.

7. CheesyBirdMess

Continuing on..

#27 CheesyBirdMess, Sep 13, 2014
  8. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I'm not totally sane, because I'm still going to watch it and complain about it every week. Because zombies. :zombies_lol:

9. Neuropyramidal

That doesn't make you insane. Its only an hour per week. Some people spend more time than that watching QVC, or sitting in church, or having some mentally challenged quack read the lines in their palms. You're ok. I might watch it again too. :p

10. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

The one character says he found out about camp from an "ex cop and a few others holed up in a prison 20 clicks up the road." Really?

11. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Harold Perrineau was smart to exit so early.

This is definitely going to be a show I watch to get a few laughs in.

I didn't know zombies could knock on doors and drive buses? And people were hating on Darabont for having a zombie use a rock in TWD? lol

I couldn't help but chuckle anytime the word 'mercy' was used.

12. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Good to see that DJ Qualls still has power and a super computer along with tons of communications equipment up and working a year later.

13. DietWater

Not to mention a never ending food supply in a frozen tundra.

Also no one has mentioned how that guy that survived 20 zombies biting him hadn't already died before Harold Perrineau went back to him. Wtf? No blood loss? Even if he's immune to the virus?

14. CheesyBirdMess

YES! So. Many. Plot Holes!

And yet people will troll on about The Walking Deads few minor plot inconsistencies? YEESH!

15. Neuropyramidal

And of course none of the zombies bit his face. Because that wouldn't be appealing.

16. DietWater

It was unfortunately a disappointment.

I mean the show did have some serious potential.

For one, I liked the fact that even a couple of years in there was still a semblance of a command structure. All too often we see everything overrun in a matter of weeks. I liked the fact that the show had a 'military' feel to it, so to speak.

I think the biggest weakness (and why most of the lines feel so cheesy) is because they tried to cram so much into just 44 minutes. All the dialogue felt rushed. How many different places and new faces did we see in just one episode?

In 'Days Gone Bye' for example, most of the episode focused on three characters - Morgan, Duane, and Rick. I felt connected to all three of them because they were given an entire episode to develop.

I can't connect to 15 different characters where so much is happening in such a short amount of time.

17. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I finally watched it, had it on DVR, and must say it's no freakin where near the level of our beloved TWD. Could get better, but as some of you have already said, it'll be something we can laugh at and fill in as side entertainment until things get rolling with S5.

18. DietWater

I am quite happy about that fact!

He's got the hot grungy look, I think @TheWalking Horn would enjoy him.

19. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Ok everyone, who do you ship on z-nation?

I think either purple haired chick with gray haired bearded guy or scar face with cage girl.

20. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I didnt watch but zombie was knocking on door? Perhaps in future episode zombie will knock on door and say flowers. Person inside will say flowers for whom? Zombie will say candygram.